WIndows installer missing files

littlewallyone1
Go to solution Solved by meenmeen1103,

Looks like it's prioritizing internal drive for boot first. No matter, just select usb drive as boot device from the initial splash screen for the install, then the system will revert back to internal drive on its own without you having to change boot device order back and forth. If install continues to give those errors, re-creating the usb install and maybe even re-creating on another usb drive would be my next steps.

Finished building pc went to install windows with a USB drive like I did last time (same drive) and it says my the pc needs repairing but windows was never installed on the computers drive before. please help!

019C9902-5B2B-4AA7-98E4-4CFC4E630BDD.jpeg

6 minutes ago, littlewallyone1 said:

Finished building pc went to install windows with a USB drive like I did last time (same drive) and it says my the pc needs repairing but windows was never installed on the computers drive before. please help!

019C9902-5B2B-4AA7-98E4-4CFC4E630BDD.jpeg

Is that booting from USB? Has the hard drive been in a PC before?

If you run multiple hard drives in a computer at the same time and use legacy boot mode sometimes Windows can put the bootloader on the wrong drive. That would cause an error like this when the drive is moved to another computer.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Is that booting from USB? Has the hard drive been in a PC before?

If you run multiple hard drives in a computer at the same time and use legacy boot mode sometimes Windows can put the bootloader on the wrong drive. That would cause an error like this when the drive is moved to another computer.

It is booting to the USB and the computers drives were newly brought so no they haven been in a computer before

when I installed windows on the other computer the only drives in the computer and plugged in were the ssd I was installing to and the USB installer

i tried again and got this (attached image

should I wipe the USB and reinstall the creation media

image.jpg

Looks like it's prioritizing internal drive for boot first. No matter, just select usb drive as boot device from the initial splash screen for the install, then the system will revert back to internal drive on its own without you having to change boot device order back and forth. If install continues to give those errors, re-creating the usb install and maybe even re-creating on another usb drive would be my next steps.

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

14 hours ago, meenmeen1103 said:

What do you mean by splash screen?

and how?

13 hours ago, littlewallyone1 said:

What do you mean by splash screen?

and how?

Splash screen is the one showing boot options. If you don't get that, hold F8 during POST. I would also recommend removing everything but internal drive and the USB you are using from boot queue. You are looking to use UEFI, btw.

Then format drive you are going to install to. Remove partitions too, that will clear issues with bootmgr.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Turns out the installer was corrupt I couldn’t delete all the files on it so I just used another USB and installed it off that