Battlefield V with DXR on tested from Techspot(Hardware Unboxed)

kiska3
6 hours ago, Brehohn said:

"RTX is too expensive." - Go buy a 10 series that will perform about the same if you dont need DXR. Is it not this simple?

I think people are disappointed because a new generation of graphics cards from AMD or Nvidia has always meant that you can get more performance for the same money. So People were looking forward to that. E.g. 30% faster at a given price point.

Nvidia created the technology to deliver that. If they had replaced the 1070 with the 2070, the 1080 with the 2080 as usual. And then advertise RTX features as a bonus... Instead they decided to create a separate price tier.

I'm personally not bothered because I don't need an upgrade right now my r9 290 drives 1080p 60fps very well. But I recognize that we cannot keep poisoning the well by making pc gaming more elitist and expensive. It's not good for PC gaming on the long run even though it's good for Nvidia's margins. Up-to now every new generation of hardware has made the PC gaming experience better in terms of price/performance.

Releases RTX software... does not do "culling" or optimisation that's been done for like... 2 decades or more... adds it as an update 1 month after release:

Yeah, so exactly as I said they should have on release. XD

Though I give them the benefit of the doubt on the grass and rubble/explosion "bug", but even then, I guess it was REALLY rushed to not catch that in testing:

Tester: Hey , Dave [the programmer], are we raytracing every ant, blade of grass, leaf and aphid in the forest level?

Dave: Yeah... any problem with that?

Tester: Nope, no worries, our target FPS is 2, right?...