LTX 2019 Suggestions!

CPotter
15 hours ago, CPotter said:

Can't say anything yet but we have a booth idea that involves the following things: cameras, RC cars, VR, and a cockpit... 

Hmm, now that I think about it, I bet a Pimax high res VR display would be great for a vr driving/flying experiance. From my few VR flying experiences, I've noticed that gauges are super hard to read in VR as they don't take up enough pixels at a normal distance. I gathered from the CES coverage that the Pimax headsets are improving. Regardless of individual booth designs or details, I think LTX will be awesome!

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB

1 hour ago, OJTheAviator said:

Hmm, now that I think about it, I bet a Pimax high res VR display would be great for a vr driving/flying experiance. From my few VR flying experiences, I've noticed that gauges are super hard to read in VR as they don't take up enough pixels at a normal distance. I gathered from the CES coverage that the Pimax headsets are improving. Regardless of individual booth designs or details, I think LTX will be awesome!

Haha, I'm actually waiting for an email reply back from Pimax to hear if they'd be interested in working with us on LTX. Not necessarily for this idea specifically, but maybe.

What about sandal running ?

Where people race in a small course ( or just back and forth while wearing sandals)

And who wins gets some sort of a prize . (Maybe LTT Sandals ?)

Edited by Void Master
More sandals ( the optimal footwear) !

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

Maybe ask Deadmau5 if he would perform at LTX 2019 since he is a big fan of LTT and could really add a lot to the event.

(my profile pic is unrelated lol)

How about bringing a laser cutter and some acrylic, and letting people draw stuff and cut things out / etch things?  

Nearly 10 years ago I visited Instructables HQ and they helped me laser engrave my iPhone, that was awesome.  

@CPotter I just saw on the WAN show that you're thinking of using the cameras from drone racing on rc cars. Make sure the cameras have optical image stabilization otherwise the image could be a bit shaky. That's a great idea btw! ;)

Free bar.

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

Literally created an account to suggest this...

Put TheWaveVR on the VR booths.

I ran it past Grimecraft and he's all in. We can arrange to have community DJs mixing and playing sets through-out the day.

App is free. It's basically a VR rave party that allows people to host their own shows, mix music, and create their own trippy visuals for other people to join and enjoy.

It's pretty different from most other things VR right now. Would be an interesting experience for folks.

Can be launched in desktop mode as well for displaying on overheads or display screens or even just tuning into it for area music.

Since you have Jerry (aka Barnacules) coming, you should set up a TypeRacer tournament. Could be a good way to include any companies that are keyboard manufacturers. Also a good venue to test out keyboards for people who might want to try out a mechanical for the first time.

• 3 weeks later...

@CPotter wins the WAN show Brutality for 2019.

--- I'm bummed I didn't get my VIP tickets since they sold out so quick.

Suggesting a modification to ticket sales for LTX20:

1. Raffle sale some VIP tickets

2. Set the sale price of VIP tickets to like 2,000; and then give a 'rebate' of like 1,600 upon the person showing up at the door.

-- Credit goes to Twitch WAN show viewers

Lunix Is An Illegal Hacker Operating System

| [CPU] Intel i7 5960X (4.5GHz) | [Mobo] ASUS Rampage V E10 | [RAM] G. Skill Ripjaws 4 64GB (8x8GB) | [CPU Cooler] Custom Acrylic | [OS Drive] Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD | [Storage] WD Black 4TB (x2 RAID 0) | [GPU] ASUS GTX 980 (x2 stock) | [PSU] Corsair AX1200i | [Case] Corsair 900D | [Keyboard] Corsair K95 Platinum | [Mouse] Corsair Dark Core RGB | [speakers] Logitech Z906 | [Monitors] ASUS VS278Q-P (x3 27"s) |