LTX 2019 Suggestions!

CPotter

When I went to the LTX 2017 I was kind of hesitated since the price of the flight was about 600 USD from Virginia to BC. But I made it in the end :). No more hesitation this year! Working for a reputable airline now, just flew from China to US for 600 USD round trip, in business class!

Please do not host this event on Mars, other than that, I’m happy with whatever you guys come up with!

You guys should do a ticket giveaway, so those who cannot pay the $500 trip to BC, and the $500 ticket, Plus Passports. Why is it so Frikin expensive??

13 hours ago, InsertNameHere42 said:

You guys should do a ticket giveaway, so those who cannot pay the $500 trip to BC, and the $500 ticket, Plus Passports. Why is it so Frikin expensive??

I agree! i think if you do your youtube analyzing thingy you would see you have fans all over the world but of course it would be very expensive and might be extremely unfair to those who went there... it would be awkward if you give the ride for free if you don't give that person some freebies as well when he arrives... so it would create problems on what items you give to the people who are there already... I don't think this would be a problem though if what linus was saying on the wifey aniv thingy was true you got one bigshot already...

btw what is linus last name? i feel weird calling him by his first for some reason lol

Anyways, my suggestion though is from what i heard from previous ltx is you don't have something big/event happening... it is just extremely fun... It might be good to announce/start segments created by your employees on ltx... I think your trying to find your new partner in crime given he went to float... aside from the tech dude one... it looks like linus is a really great boss so why not build up on that by introducing his people more with their own segments... I am not sure if he really is for i have not worked there yet but I am really buying it so I really like watching him do things with different people in the company... I like someone who he trust who would really disagree with him just for the sake of disagreeing... don't want that dude leaving to create his own channel though cuz i enjoy the channel as it is

A segment you could start though(dunno if your doing this already) is building a bnew pc that you suggest everyone buy at ltx 2019... then every next ltx you upgrade a part of it untli you can't upgrade it anymore. So basically find a long time partner to start with. I suggest a psu brand or hdd(seagate fan). I heard they have around 5 years warranty so you basically don't need to change it. Depending on how many people buy the initial unit on 2019, it might be easier for you to look for a sponsor next year given how many might be upgrading with you. You can force your fan base too by making the machine some sort of trophy or achievement every year. Given I have a budget and how much i just believe most of you opinions, i would buy that no questions asked. Especially if you bring it with a discount. Being a part of something, on top of getting the best bang for your buck would be really easy to sell. Might wanna cash in by integrating your ltt straps your selling :D For those who can't come though like me, I would have the tendency of just following what your building by buying on stores local to us. Cuz if theres a problem, i can just go here and ask for I am sure you are obliged to answer or other people can help me. Who knows, this can be your test to see if you can manage to have another sister company selling prebuild computers. I know it might create bias but given how you criticize other people, you should be able to do a better job :)) or ask the boss lady hihi... really liked that video :D 

sorry i talk too much... hope that helps -_-

On 12/6/2018 at 2:16 AM, jampog said:

btw what is linus last name? i feel weird calling him by his first for some reason lol

His last name is Sebastian :) Not Torvalds.

------

Anyway -- I unfortunately missed the last 2 events and I only can guess at the many things that was present, but here's my input:

1. Special Guest Star -- Nick Van Berkel

> We all miss Nicky V and his Nicky V Customs skit, it was enjoyable and fun to watch. Depending on how soon death of the Lambo comes, I'd say bring him along for the ride and have him co-host the video and make it "One last video for CSF". Speaking of such destruction, may I suggest "DriveTanks.com" - They're in Texas, but they WILL let you drive tanks, not sure about running things over (I've not been there yet). Perhaps having him at LTX afterwards to personally showcase the destruction/video; and maybe co-host that week's WAN show too, but make it the NAW show.. or Afterparty. ;)

2. I'm not sure how involved JayzTwoCents and BSMods were, but I'd like to see the two come together and give hands-on demonstrations of how to mod your case and stuff, "Delidded with Roman (der8auer)" would be GREAT to see.

3. The first LTT video I ever watched was Linus and Luke on the WAN Show Archive, dressed up like Clowns circa 2013/2014, been a fan ever since. I'm not sure where I'm going with this idea, but it's an idea.

4. On more of the logistics side, I'd like to see a list of hotels that you all recommend along with transportation to/from the 2 day event.

5. Linus Autographed Drop Test & Give Away ??? 

6. Adult (18/19+) "Chill" event, BYOB. Bonfire & Movie (Drive-In Movie Theater style)

7. Laser Engraving -- not operated by us peasants:  But give us the ability to bring something or have something there that we can purchase and get engraved for our rig or whatnot. I'd laugh if someone was being a troll doing it and put a dick-butt on my stuff instead.

Lunix Is An Illegal Hacker Operating System

| [CPU] Intel i7 5960X (4.5GHz) | [Mobo] ASUS Rampage V E10 | [RAM] G. Skill Ripjaws 4 64GB (8x8GB) | [CPU Cooler] Custom Acrylic | [OS Drive] Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD | [Storage] WD Black 4TB (x2 RAID 0) | [GPU] ASUS GTX 980 (x2 stock) | [PSU] Corsair AX1200i | [Case] Corsair 900D | [Keyboard] Corsair K95 Platinum | [Mouse] Corsair Dark Core RGB | [speakers] Logitech Z906 | [Monitors] ASUS VS278Q-P (x3 27"s) |

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:29 AM, InsertNameHere42 said:

I'm not sure what they did on LTX2018, but in LTX2017, they gave away multiple graphic cards. By multiple I mean that includes Titans, 1080Tis, 1080s, 1070s and etc. They also threw a bunch of merch shirts and stuff. I got a Geforce flash drive, it was left alone on the platform after the event was over for some reason, and *after some begging* Brandon just gave it to me :)

On 11/15/2018 at 1:13 AM, Benjer2023 said:

Please hold it in the US. Most people don't want to/can't drive to Canada. Even in Seattle, it is much more reasonable than Vancouver.

This is a nightmare for LMG though. There is a lot of legal stuff they have to do to have such a large team work in the US. It's also very expensive to move everyone down for the event (accommodation, transport, vehicles, etc.) not to mention everything they have to bring with them including camera equipment and all the cool demos (like 16K gaming would be a nightmare to move that far and back). They are a Canadian company and some of their employees already need Canadian work permits let alone working in the US. Also if you don't want to drive to Canada then that's your problem. Not LMG's

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

On 11/27/2018 at 6:55 PM, bryanfarmer00 said:

Stream it so those of us that can't afford to fly from US east coast can be included ?

This is a really cool idea but tbh East Coast is not as bad as Europe for example. Just saying.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

2 hours ago, Inversion said:

This is a really cool idea but tbh East Coast is not as bad as Europe for example. Just saying.

Yeah, Europe is a nightmare. Tickets for flights are expensive, so a live stream would be appreciated.

Please age-gate the event in some way. As a long time viewer (quite literally 10 years at this point)- the kids 

* Linus specifically pointed to someone and gave gave them a keyboard. Almost all the kids who were in the direction wherein the keyboard was being passed tried grabbing it/ pulling it away for themselves.

* Linus was perched between two centrally balanced tables at the Corsair booth (massive falling hazard)- me and another guest tried telling Linus that, but the two kids in front of us told us and I quote "Let him fall, it will be funny".

* During giveaways both at the seating arena and outside, kids were propping each other up, elbowing the people around them, or unknowingly, having their hands come in contact with others faces when trying to grab stuff thrown around- which was a sure fire way to have a finger going inside someone's eye. Having fists and hands come in contact with the people around them in trying to catch a... $4 lanyard. I'm actually surprised no one got injured during the event over something so petty when thought about.

* 7 year olds demanding and infact getting DBrand skins for phones towards the end of the event despite not having phones. (I'm not lying...)

PC in Profile

Get Riley and the secret informant people to help get food vendors there.

Setup a few cameras for live streaming.

A dunk tank style booth, but the goal is to fire Colton. Or raffle where the winner gets to fire him on stage.

Since LTX is turning into a just a general event, a smaller dedicated fan meetup would be really appreciated :)

I have enochlophobia.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

27 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

Since LTX is turning into a just a general event, a smaller dedicated fan meetup would be really appreciated :)

I have enochlophobia.

Probably the only way we get that is the $1000 delidded ticket... Honestly, if I'm able to get a gig before graduating, I'm buying that ticket...

PC in Profile

1 minute ago, Keystone Nyan Cat said:

Probably the only way we get that is the $1000 delidded ticket... Honestly, if I'm able to get a gig before graduating, I'm buying that ticket...

Maybe ticket it as a separate event, maybe 3 days or a week after LTX?

Even just in the parking lot of LTT would be nice.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

You guys have probably thought of this already, but since the expo is downtown at the convention center, perhaps you can hit up the Pan Pacific and some of the other decent hotels in the west end and see if they would be willing to offer some discounts on hotel stays for the convention visitors attending?

If you guys are looking for more games to fill up space, we run a VR escape room business. We have a 2-6 player, free roam escape room in a 20x20ft space. You get full body avatars and your avatar's mouth even moves when you talk.

You can even test it out in Santa Ana, California.

Maybe a bit boring of a suggestion compared to some previously posted.
Since the event is to take place overnight (which is super cool!) It would be very nice if LTX could work a way to have In-and-out parking at the convention center. My understanding is the lots at the convention center are operated by IMPARK and WESTPARK respectively so the logistics may be difficult. But It would be super nice to not be required to pay every time I'd like to leave and return. 

On 12/7/2018 at 8:28 AM, Keystone Nyan Cat said:

Please age-gate the event in some way. As a long time viewer (quite literally 10 years at this point)- the kids 

* Linus specifically pointed to someone and gave gave them a keyboard. Almost all the kids who were in the direction wherein the keyboard was being passed tried grabbing it/ pulling it away for themselves.

* Linus was perched between two centrally balanced tables at the Corsair booth (massive falling hazard)- me and another guest tried telling Linus that, but the two kids in front of us told us and I quote "Let him fall, it will be funny".

* During giveaways both at the seating arena and outside, kids were propping each other up, elbowing the people around them, or unknowingly, having their hands come in contact with others faces when trying to grab stuff thrown around- which was a sure fire way to have a finger going inside someone's eye. Having fists and hands come in contact with the people around them in trying to catch a... $4 lanyard. I'm actually surprised no one got injured during the event over something so petty when thought about.

* 7 year olds demanding and infact getting DBrand skins for phones towards the end of the event despite not having phones. (I'm not lying...)

Understood, we're going to be a lot smarter with giveaways this coming year.

As for age-gating, that's kind of tough to do but perhaps there could be sections that are age-gated (BEER GARDEN?!), not saying this is something we can do or are planning on doing, but its all a possibility at our current stage.

On 12/8/2018 at 12:16 AM, LienusLateTips said:

Maybe ticket it as a separate event, maybe 3 days or a week after LTX?

Even just in the parking lot of LTT would be nice.

We're devising a new ticket tier for LTX that is kind of close to what you're describing here. We can't do something in the parking lot anymore, there are too many people, but maybe office tours or something along those lines. :P 

On 12/9/2018 at 8:28 AM, mmk said:

You guys have probably thought of this already, but since the expo is downtown at the convention center, perhaps you can hit up the Pan Pacific and some of the other decent hotels in the west end and see if they would be willing to offer some discounts on hotel stays for the convention visitors attending?

100% agree.

@cpotter Sweet, that's great to hear! ^_^  

On WAN show, Linus acknowledged the event was going to be quite large and he was mostly going to be a host. I understand as LTX grows, Linus cannot meet n greet with everyone, but as you can imagine, it takes away from part of the thrill of seeing the person whose shaped your life in the flesh. I know it's a bit impossible to do anything about it, but I figured I'd just ask anyways- can anything be done about it?

Will the Delidded tickets be on sale again? I know the answer to this is probably going to be no- but are there plans for Delidded discounts for people flying in from out of North America? (Say EU/Asia?)

PC in Profile

This has been said before, but i'd love to see video coverage of this event.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

@CPotter

Since you are going big time in regards to the venue and sponsorship, I think you should make a TV style commercial for LTX19. I'd personally like to see you remake something like this but obviously in an LTT way... 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: