LTX 2019 Suggestions!

CPotter

Yo!

We've already got a thread started for Floatplane members, but @STERPH, myself and the rest of the team here are beginning to plan out what we want next year's LTX to look like. We've combed through reviews and ran a survey which yielded us a bunch of useful information, but we wanted to post here as well. Let us know if you guys have any suggestions for what you'd like to see at next years event.

This can be in the form of booth suggestions, activities, partnerships, etc. :) Appreciate it!

PC speed building competition? Winner gets the PC

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I agree with both of these so far, the PC speed building sounds interesting (although potentially expensive) maybe build a really cheap PC and the winner gets a good one, and having the convention in a northern US area, even Seattle, would make it much easier for people to get there (especially considering we won't have to hassle with passports, although this brings up the problem to the Canadian audience wishing to attend)

If you are actually entertaining the idea of moving it for a year, you should move it to Australia... no gun nuts here.  :P 

perhaps something like, "Linus's slipper fingers".  make people wear gloves and cover them in some type of very slippery lubricant.  They then need to carry some token part or object across a distance without dropping it.

Super Nvidia PC

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Maybe not an actual suggestion, but I'd personally like it to be held before May. I guess it would be less convenient for a lot of people, but I just happen to be in Vancouver until the end of April, so egoistically, I'd like it to take place before I leave. I'm European and I don't travel to the colonies very often.

On 11/20/2018 at 2:37 PM, savstars said:

perhaps something like, "Linus's slipper fingers".  make people wear gloves and cover them in some type of very slippery lubricant.  They then need to carry some token part or object across a distance without dropping it.

don't wanna know where those slipper fingers are going ?

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

I think having meet and greets/booths with other techtubers would be interesting. (i.e. when Jayztwocents and Barnacules came last year, they have their own little booth or something)

~~The Rig~~

||   CPU: Ryzen 5 1500x   ||   CPU COOLER: Stock Wraith Spire   ||   Mobo: MSI Tomahawk B350   ||   Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 (3000mHz)   ||   SSD: Inland 120gb (Bootdrive)   ||   HDD(s): Seagate 1tb/WD Green 1tb   ||   GPU: Radeon 480 (reference design)  ||   Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite  ||   PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2   ||

I still think free passes for forum and Discord staff would be cool. Probably not this year, though.

I agree, streaming the convention would be nice.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

9 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I still think free passes for forum and Discord staff would be cool. Probably not this year, though.

You're telling me you want something in return for spending all your time cleaning up after random people on the internet? Ridiculous!

it's time

3 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I would really like if the entire convention for LTX 2019 was live streamed as a video and preferably not edited out so that the viewers could get see the full experience if they were not able to attend the event.

On 11/14/2018 at 12:47 PM, CPotter said:

This can be in the form of booth suggestions, activities, partnerships, etc. :) Appreciate it!

The Q&A part of the event was really awesome in my opinion and it allowed for the crew to answer some really interesting questions presented by the audience and it is something which I would like to see again. Besides that, I  other concepts could be like a compute or server building booth, a learning booth towards technology and computer systems, and maybe something similar to last year's car decorating booth such as maybe another one although with some other item to decorate such as possibly like a really large poster or there could be like a station for decorating your own LTT shirt or something creative along those lines.

I hope that this has given you some concepts which could be possibly implemented in the upcoming LTX 2019, I am very excited towards what will be featured in this year's event and know that it will be absolutely incredible.   - @Boomwebsearch

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

On 11/14/2018 at 8:13 PM, Benjer2023 said:

Please hold it in the US. Most people don't want to/can't drive to Canada. Even in Seattle, it is much more reasonable than Vancouver.

The problem with that is they have to carry everything form the office with them, and transporting it down even to just Seatle would take lots of time and work. But it's still a good suggestion.

I won't be able to go, but I think a lot of people would enjoy a little LAN center where they can bring their own PCs and maybe game with some LMG staff or something. That would be cool.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

On 11/20/2018 at 8:34 AM, savstars said:

If you are actually entertaining the idea of moving it for a year, you should move it to Australia... no gun nuts here.  :P 

Too bad everything else there will kill you instead...

Had the pleasure of meeting Luke at PAX East and begged him to move or host another LTX somewhere in the states. Also some sort of adult after party or something would be fantastic.

The raffling/giveaway of swag could be more organized or sped up. Assuming that attendance will increase greatly, the barrier to entry for giveaways could be increased so that only those willing to put some effort in will get a chance. This decreases the number of hopeful but inevitably disappointed people, and helps make it so that only those that really need/want computer parts and peripherals will try for it.

For example, PAX has "PAX XP" where you scan QR codes at scavenger hunt-like locations. If the convention center doesn't have cheap/reliable wifi, you could just have people take pictures of hidden items/stickers/labels.

Just promise us it won't be in the US, every big event always happens in the US and I hate it. For the once I actually get to go to a fun event that's popular and ITS IN CANADA. I recommend bringing Terry Crews to do some old spice LTT commercials.

The geek himself.

On 11/27/2018 at 6:55 PM, bryanfarmer00 said:

Stream it so those of us that can't afford to fly from US east coast can be included ?

Yeh. I live in UK and I can't afford to fly to Canada for LTX but would love to see some of it, live.

so it is gonna be hosted in the weekend of 27th of juli. (because of backstreetboys)

No idea if I'll be able to make it, but some random thoughts on what would be interesting

Bring some of the epic builds from the show for people to game on; maybe even the sleeper builds?

Lucky the dragon

Maker/mod workshop or panel

LTX live stream