Preventing windows 10 updates in sleep mode

MajorFoley

So I am a little annoyed that Windows 10 decided to wake up my PC from sleep mode and install an update to wake up to find my sessions just gone. I would like to stop it from installing updates while my computer is in sleep mode. How would i go about doing this and no i don't count active hours as a proper solution.

2 minutes ago, MajorFoley said:

So I am a little annoyed that Windows 10 decided to wake up my PC from sleep mode and install an update to wake up to find my sessions just gone. I would like to stop it from installing updates while my computer is in sleep mode. How would i go about doing this and no i don't count active hours as a proper solution.

You don't. WIn10 is broken by design and you can't stop updates.

Best you could do is tell it you have a Metered Connection, and maybe that'll slow it down.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

it can be done with regedit IIRC. i had the same problem, found some stuff somewhere that told me to regedit a bunch of things i dont remember and now i dont have the problem anymore. sorry i cant be any more specific because i litteraly have no clue what i changed xD 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

9 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

When i go there it says not configured instead of enabled or disabled shouldn't that be disabled by default, i thought this was work group stuff? I heard something in task scheduler worked but i get some weird s-s-13 user that doesnt let you change it.

31 minutes ago, MajorFoley said:

You can tell Windows to notify you before restarting.

If you go under "Advanced Option"  under "Windows Update" section, you have the option. Turn it on, and you should be set.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

You can tell Windows to notify you before restarting.

If you go under "Advanced Option"  under "Windows Update" section, you have the option. Turn it on, and you should be set.

Don't see the option. I see "We'll show you a reminder when we're going to restart. If you want to see more notifications about restarting,turn this on. Which is off and i don't think thats gonna stop anything

4 minutes ago, MajorFoley said:

Don't see the option. I see "We'll show you a reminder when we're going to restart. If you want to see more notifications about restarting,turn this on. Which is off and i don't think thats gonna stop anything

Yup that is one. Turn it on, and you'll get a pop-up like on Windows 7.

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Yup that is one. Turn it on, and you'll get a pop-up like on Windows 7.

I dont think this will help my issue though, its not that its restarting while im using it, its restarting while the computer is sleeping