LG showed off new lcd monitors in CES 2014, including several 21:9 monitors, and a 4K monitor

Japanese Media PC Watch reported, LG showed off some new monitors in CES 2014, including a 4K monitor, and some 21:9 monitors.

LG showed off several new 21:9 monitors. The UM95 series, which included 34" 34UM95, and 29" 29UM95, are having a resolution of 3440x1440. It support 99% sRGB, and it support thunderbolt 2, display port and HDMI.

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

Another 21:9 lcd monitor series is the UM65 series, which included 25-inch, 29-inch, and 34-inch. Its' resolution is only 2560x1080, but it also support 99% sRGB, like the 34UM95.

31.jpg

34UM65

32.jpg

29UM65

LG's 4K monitor, 31UM95, has a resolution of 4,096 × 2,160. It is targeted to graphics professionals, as it also support 99% sRGB.

It has HDMI, DisplayPort, the Thunderbolt 2 in the rear as input.

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

Pricing and release date is not yet available.

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/event/20140108_629927.html (in Japanese)

http://translate.google.com.hk/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=zh-TW&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpc.watch.impress.co.jp%2Fdocs%2Fnews%2Fevent%2F20140108_629927.html (with Google Translate to English) 

I want the 21:9 1440p one. thats all i desire. and I'm an LG fanboy :P

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

21:9 monitors cost about as much as 2 1080p  16:9 ones, that makes me sad.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I wonder how many people actually have space for these beasts on their desks. I know I don't. 27" is already pushing it for my setup

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

It's actually Japanese. But whatever. I would love to have one of those Ultra Wide 1440p monitors. This is actually more interesting for me than that 4K IPS for professionals. I just hope the latency is not bigger than 6ms.

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

It's actually Japanese. But whatever. I would love to have one of those Ultra Wide 1440p monitors. This is actually more interesting for me than that 4K IPS for professionals. I just hope the latency is not bigger than 6ms.

Sorry, I didn't noticed that. I'm going to change it. Thx for telling me~~

I just noticed, all of these have external power bricks. Look at the connector on the back.

This is an instant "No Buy".

21:9 monitors cost about as much as 2 1080p  16:9 ones, that makes me sad.

No bezel. All I care about. Less height also is nicer for movies and gaming. (Personal preference)

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

My brainspace is having trouble comparing the size of these 21:9 monitors to 16:9 monitors... I thought 29' was way too massive, then I remembered it was much wider, and not nearly as tall as my brain tried to tell me it was...

Measuring stuff diagonally is becoming confusing...

i like how people thinks you can make a monitor wider and its instantly good for work... issue with that is how the hell are you going to find a Background image for all these weird new Resolutions companies are coming up with....

Keep it simple, Standard display multiple screens, that way you can have some portrait some landscape and all is well :3

Character artist in the Games industry.

I wonder how many people actually have space for these beasts on their desks. I know I don't. 27" is already pushing it for my setup

I love how all you people have such great systems and the shitiest desks. My desk is big enough to hold 3 50'' tvs. Last i check the regional CEO of coca cola in my country didn't have a desk this big.

I love how all you people have such great systems and the shitiest desks. My desk is big enough to hold 3 50'' tvs. Last i check the regional CEO of coca cola in my country didn't have a desk this big.

Dude my desk is nearly 60" long and is made of some really nice laminate wood. I have a Corsair 600T, my 27" monitor, and two consoles on top (PS4 and Xbox 360) so it's very spacious. I would take a pic but I'm not at home.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

What is this a desk measuring contest?

I have the LG 29ea93. It's a beautiful monitor but I want a higher res screen, when they teased new 21:9 monitors I was hoping for a doubling in both the width and height res (5120x2160) but I guess I was being greedy. Now I'm caught up between the 21:9 1440p and the real 4K 19:10. The res on the 4K is obviously more impressive but damn it looks like an ugly monitor with that huge bezel.

Those 21:9 monitors would be sooo good for music production, or even two of those on top of eachother (because why the f**k not)

You said my desk sucks. Please eat your words. Would you like some salt with that too?

Posted Image

Not srs

my 2m desk would like a word....

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

my 2m desk would like a word....

ok fine ill upload a picture of mine for reference tonight. fair warning it's 2x2 m in an L shape. 

ok fine ill upload a picture of mine for reference tonight. fair warning it's 2x2 m in an L shape. 

Ah nice :P I don't need to see it, I can imagine it quite easily; pretty much two of my desk in an L.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

i love how load of people in this thread has penis Monitor envy... 

Character artist in the Games industry.