Peripheral to SATA

xFluing

A friend has this semi-modular PSU with a plug for SATA and one plug for peripherals (aka molex)

I was wondering if he could plug a SATA power cable into the peripherals plug and use power from there as SATA. I know at least on corsair supplies SATA and peripherals power are the same plug so I'm thinking they might be interchangeable on this particular power supply as well: Sirtec High Power 750W 85+ Certified.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

3 minutes ago, xFluing said:

A friend has this semi-modular PSU with a plug for SATA and one plug for peripherals (aka molex)

I was wondering if he could plug a SATA power cable into the peripherals plug and use power from there as SATA. I know at least on corsair supplies SATA and peripherals power are the same plug so I'm thinking they might be interchangeable on this particular power supply as well: Sirtec High Power 750W 85+ Certified.

There are molex to sata power adaptors. I use them from time to time. No issues.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

There are molex to sata power adaptors. I use them from time to time. No issues.

Yeah I get that but those are pretty notorious and I wanna try avoid using them as much as possible.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

4 minutes ago, xFluing said:

Sirtec High Power 750W 85+ Certified.

There's no such PSU. Try googling it, there are no particular results. 

4 minutes ago, xFluing said:

I think what @OrionFOTL was getting at (in an exaggerative way) is that 85+ isn't an official certification

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

I think what @OrionFOTL was getting at (in an exaggerative way) is that 85+ isn't an official certification

Oh yeah definitely, it's a retarded name I'm aware of that, its rating is actually 80+ Bronze.

I see, must've been the fault of differences between my country's google and your country's targeted google results. Even then, I don't see any "Sirtec High Power 750W 85+ Certified" anywhere on the site. It clearly says "Sirtec - High Power Element Smart 750W", which is what the PSU is actually called.

The exact model is HPG-750BR-H14C. From the photo I can see that it has three plugs for SATA/IDE/Peripheral on the modular panel. None of them are designated specifically to a single thing, so just plug the SATA cable into one of the three spots.

image.png.bb848c2e454c63021d3c8348f7152660.png