Best Radiator Static Pressure Fans?

So I am looking to order fans for my radiators and after researching for static pressure fans I get a lot of mixed feelings towards a bunch of different fans.  I am going to be using a 360 and 480 black ice gtr.  I was looking at ek’s vardars or corsairs sp120’s.  I am going for a black/blue setup.  Because of that it pushed me away from looking at other fans like the noctua’s.  

Any advice or input would be appreciated. Also prolly want around 2000 rpm or so.

EK Vardars, no question. Last I checked they are pretty expensive though

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Vardar over Corsair but if you can be persuaded to Noctua. 

NF F-12 is an amazing static pressure fan and available on their Chromax line.

NF-A12x25 plays well in all areas.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

All the notuas I have seen were that reddish brown which just wont go well at all in the build blue/black.  That was my only issue.

look atthe REDUX models

they dont get all teh extra cords and shit though if you care about that.

or repaint by hand with a acrylic paint that will stick to plastics

its some thing i plan to do ot make the 40mm fans i got match the rest of the black/white ones i have that you can see- since a spinning white disc looks dope AF when my system is going with the UV running

i would try vardar's but i cant source them to Canada at a reasonable price..  so i got redux model fans, since i got lots of mixed reviews off the corsair line from people with actual experience with them.

some said the price was good vs noctua, and its like almost as expensive to buy them, but not as good so its like uhm naw..   others said noctua jsut better and worht it..   some people just didnt reallycare

i got exp with a large variety of fans,

the 2 china ones i think a a detla offshoot company,  that came with my orginal 240mm rad DIY loop kit from swiftech are still goign strong 9 years later. but serve as input rather than rad mounted, and run at 3/5 V since they loud.   a 50mm 4000rpm scythe smthing was boss and not nearly as annoying as a delta but bleh,   noctua is great,  the fans that came with a fractal case once upon a time are also dope,   corsair one is ok but not good for any thing but input/output   Phanteks fans i got are decent too.   ARCTIC makes good fans that if you wait for a sale on Amazon you can get a 5 pack for a decent price,   their performance is ok  but my exp is more with 80mm fans for hobbying purpose with peltiers and stuff in general,  i was able to get a 5 pack for 66% the cost of a 80mm noctua (mostly all priced similar anyways)   so it was a good choice for me;  just for clarity sake i am talkign about the company that make MX4  not AS5

I have Corsair SP120's - these fans can push a metric F ton of air at max (and the amount of sound is incredible too lol)

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Well as much as I enjoy my corsair sp120, there are also corsairs ml120's which are better in pretty much every regard. Noctuas redux p12 can go as high as 1700 and move an incredible amount of air while being grey and pretty quiet, Fractals hp12 is really good and another fan I use but it's all black, Thermaltak's Riing 12 can be had for cheap in both black/blue or rgb variants and are better at high rpm, Ek's vardars are good but god their ball bearings are really distracting and annoying. The best fans are probably gonna be a tie between the noctua a12 (brown), ek vardar (terrible bearing noise), and corsair ml120/140 (can't be speed controlled via voltage must be pwm). All the fans mentioned have 140mm variants.

Appreciate all the information from everyone.  I guess its really between the vardar’s, corsair sp120’s and noctuas.  Thats pretty much what i figured when writing this post.  And am still stuck on what to get.  If the noctua’s werent so damn ugly they would be the clear go to.  Because of that I just dont know.  Im also hesitant on the corsairs.  The color for these match the best but I see many people talking neg about these as well.  Which leaves me with the vardars.  While all black would match people also complain about the noise from these.  Sooooo... I guess I have to weigh some options lol.

On 11/13/2018 at 6:31 PM, SiCkHiTrEg said:

If the noctua’s werent so damn ugly they would be the clear go to.  Because of that I just dont know.  Im also hesitant on the corsairs.  The color for these match the best but I see many people talking neg about these as well.  Which leaves me with the vardars.  While all black would match people also complain about the noise from these.  Sooooo... I guess I have to weigh some options lol.

Did you look at the Noctua-REDUX model.   its not brown on tan

On 11/13/2018 at 6:31 PM, SiCkHiTrEg said:

If the noctua’s werent so damn ugly

REDUX

IMG_20181113_164225225.jpg

1 hour ago, Neo-revo said:

REDUX

IMG_20181113_164225225.jpg

So those are gray and black?  Also they only go up to 1200rpm right?  

2 minutes ago, SiCkHiTrEg said:

So those are gray and black?  Also they only go up to 1200rpm right?  

more like grey and greyer.  but yea. and  i have 1700rpm PWM 120's and 1500RPM 140's

16 minutes ago, Neo-revo said:

more like grey and greyer.  but yea. and  i have 1700rpm PWM 120's and 1500RPM 140's

Oh damn.  That worries me a little bit because from what i hear the black ice gtr’s have a lot of resistence.

https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/redux

look at all the stats of all their fans your self.

noctua are great for low-med resistance  rads (10-20 FPI)   air resistance increases the 'thicker' the rad is and the more fins-per-inch  there is, 

Also CFM and RPM  dont matter as much as mm H20  since that is the measure of static pressure

the shape of the blades and placement, as well as well secured (gasket) or just mounted, and even Frame shape.

These all have an effect on the ability of the fan to coax air to move in the direction it says; if there happens to be resistance (filter:hepa/ tight fins)   the mmH20 is what matters,

a 200cfm with poor mmH20 will do worse than a 90 CFM with amazing mmH20

If you want the BEST> go for the Noctua-Industrial line.   they are beastly,  and not a turbine like a high rpm Delta

Internal water resistance has nothing to do with air

2000rpm? You wanna vacuum your room with earprotection on? :D

Best fans: Noctua NF-A12x25 (they beat my NF-F12 and are quieter at the same time).

Akasa Apache fans are pretty kickass, on paper they are better than Noctua NF Chromax fans (better static pressure at lower noise levels) – 2.61 mm H2O at 22.4 dB(A) for Noctuas, 2.64 mm H2O at 16.05 db(A) for Akasas

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

5 hours ago, Dschijn said:

2000rpm? You wanna vacuum your room with earprotection on? :D

Best fans: Noctua NF-A12x25 (they beat my NF-F12 and are quieter at the same time).

just gave him the link to see actual stats of their fans beside each other,      and trying to explain how rads and HSP fans work.   OP confused GTRNemisis internal water resistance reviews with air resistance: thinking a Basic Noctua or redux wouldn't be enough because of it.   I run on a Fan controller with rheostats so i would just run those at like 11 or 1200 rpm unless i needed more ;).

4 hours ago, Quadriplegic said:

Akasa Apache fans are pretty kickass, on paper they are better than Noctua NF Chromax fans (better static pressure at lower noise levels) – 2.61 mm H2O at 22.4 dB(A) for Noctuas, 2.64 mm H2O at 16.05 db(A) for Akasas

ill try them one day if i can source them for a reasonable price.

firefox_2018-11-14_05-16-54.png.8324f7141d76c1f4521506ef17c843bd.png

13 hours ago, SiCkHiTrEg said:

If the noctua’s werent so damn ugly they would be the clear go to

Did you read what I posted?  The chromax line is all black and comes with accent colors that include blue.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

On 11/14/2018 at 7:13 AM, Neo-revo said:

just gave him the link to see actual stats of their fans beside each other,      and trying to explain how rads and HSP fans work.   OP confused GTRNemisis internal water resistance reviews with air resistance: thinking a Basic Noctua or redux wouldn't be enough because of it.   I run on a Fan controller with rheostats so i would just run those at like 11 or 1200 rpm unless i needed more ;).

Ya I very well might have mixed stuff up.  Still learning so I apologize and thank you for the link.

On 11/14/2018 at 7:37 AM, Velcade said:

Did you read what I posted?  The chromax line is all black and comes with accent colors that include blue.

These are the rubber vibrating pieces right?

So with those radiators would these fans be ok?https://noctua.at/en/nf-f12-pwm-chromax-black-swap 

Saw they had 1500 rps 120mm fans.  Thoughts?

On 11/13/2018 at 4:27 PM, SiCkHiTrEg said:

So I am looking to order fans for my radiators and after researching for static pressure fans I get a lot of mixed feelings towards a bunch of different fans.  I am going to be using a 360 and 480 black ice gtr.  I was looking at ek’s vardars or corsairs sp120’s.  I am going for a black/blue setup.  Because of that it pushed me away from looking at other fans like the noctua’s.  

Any advice or input would be appreciated. Also prolly want around 2000 rpm or so.

I have both fans, SPs are great but they are loud and they really annoy me when at full speed which is over 2000rpm, my 140 vardars are excellent, they're not as fast but they move a lot of air through my xflow GTS. Personally the NF fans didnt really impress me much at all.

On 11/14/2018 at 11:55 AM, SiCkHiTrEg said:

Ya I very well might have mixed stuff up.  Still learning so I apologize and thank you for the link.

No worries. That's why I thought I should explain it. GTR rad does have 'high' resistance. But it's for the water.  Not the air. And I'm glad you  know the difference now.

On 11/14/2018 at 12:05 PM, SiCkHiTrEg said:

So with those radiators would these fans be ok?https://noctua.at/en/nf-f12-pwm-chromax-black-swap 

Saw they had 1500 rps 120mm fans.  Thoughts?

go with any of the three brands, they all get decent reviews, but choose the one you get eth most bang for your buck (stats aside: if you can get 2 or 3 of one for every one of the other, i know what i'd be choosing)

Noctua's aren't the 'best' fan what they are is most people go to choice like an iPhone because they have an established community and respect results. That doesn't mean they are they best out there, it depends on what you are aiming for, IE: best performance, least noise, lowest power consumption, or color scheme.

In the end you have yo figure out what your end needs are (radiator)  and decide if you want performance (often comes with noise/power)  or do you want to run a fan that keeps its static pressure in a more or less linear graph with respect to operating voltage/rpm  where some fan's ability to do what you want drop off precipitously if you dont run them at full throttle.

Some brands get more or less the same stats, but if you look and compare Amps, rpm,dba, and mmH2O you can see that come of the equality comes with costs. (like normal)

Noctua is good, if they weren't they couldn't command the market as they do. That doesn't make them everyone's cup of tea(Apple brand)    many people vouch for their lower RPM capabilitys, and that their special sauce they sell you is the unique blade design that forces air better, more silently

I just spent a lot of time looking at this for my new setup. I went for the NF A12x25 PWM but my runner up was the Phanteks PH-F120MP.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.