rgb fan header

CaptainSpeedster

Im planing on getting ROG Strix X470-F Gaming motherboard. I have cmt 520 case with 4rgb fans that have 6pin connectors, with them i got a cable with 4 6pin ports (for the fans) ,a molex for power and a 4pin to controll rgbs. I know usualy it connects to RGBW but mobo doesnt have RGBW connector. Can i connect the fans to 12vrgb connector wich is usualy for led strips? or some other connector?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, CaptainSpeedster said:

Im planing on getting ROG Strix X470-F Gaming motherboard. I have cmt 520 case with 4rgb fans that have 6pin connectors, with them i got a cable with 4 6pin ports (for the fans) ,a molex for power and a 4pin to controll rgbs. I know usualy it connects to RGBW but mobo doesnt have RGBW connector. Can i connect the fans to 12vrgb connector wich is usualy for led strips? or some other connector?

Thanks

Looks like they provide you an adapter for attaching all the fans onto your motherboard for RGB based control.

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8628/fsp-cmt520-rgb-mid-tower-chassis-review/index6.html

Spoiler

fsp-cmt520-rgb-mid-tower-chassis-review_260

2 minutes ago, CaptainSpeedster said:

yea, but can i connect it to 12vrgb or does it have to be rgbw?

Those are just standard 4 pin RGB fans not RGBW The other pins are for fan power via the molex power adapter cable. In that case you would have no fan speed control only a set speed. 

ik, but when i connect them to the adapter there is the 4pin for rgb control ,to what can i connect that 4pin adapter on the mobo? Im ok with them on the 100%, they are actualy really quiet.

6 minutes ago, CaptainSpeedster said:

ik, but when i connect them to the adapter there is the 4pin for rgb control ,to what can i connect that 4pin adapter on the mobo? Im ok with them on the 100%, they are actualy really quiet.

It would connect to the motherbaord's analog (4pin) RGB header.