Alibaba Made $1 Billion in 85 Seconds

Crunchy Dragon

Not surprised at all Ali makes Amazon and eBay look like mom and pop shops. Also as much as I love to buy American when I can their are some things just better bought overseas like headphones and mechanical watches. You'd be surprised at the quality of those if you know what to look for. For instance I just got a pair of Chi-Fi IEMs for less than $70 that I would easily put up their with $300 IEMs and don't even get me started on the quality of mechanical watches. I'm talking watches with high beat movements and Sapphire crystal displays for less than $50 you'd easily spend 5x that amount for a Seiko or other nice watch. Some of them even come with Seiko movements in them for like $40 which is insanely good for the price. So yeah I'm not surprised by this at all they break and set their own record for sales every year.

3 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

and they stayed up to process $1 billion in orders in 85 seconds. yet even amazon crumbled on prime day. alibaba is on a huge cloud though right?

It's ironic because Amazon is number 1 in market share for cloud servers by a large margin if I remember correctly. 

3 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

and they stayed up to process $1 billion in orders in 85 seconds. yet even amazon crumbled on prime day. alibaba is on a huge cloud though right?

Well, alibaba has its own cloud (litteraly called alibaba cloud) like amazon has AWS so they can basically instantly scale if needed.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I bought two carbon fiber bikes for 40% off

Not sure if linus' i7-4720HQ went on sale yesterday though.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

23 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

you, I got one recently, and I've only wasted money on food. 

Prepare to waste a whole lot more money... You spend money here and there thinking "oh its only $10" "its only $20" and within 4 months you've spent 6 grand and wondering where the fuck it all went. Stay single. 

Also, a lot of vendors were selling RTXs below MSRP.

doesn't apply to most of you because of international shipping though.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition