Be able to pin within topics

bigmouthbob1

so in further detail in a topic that you started you could pin a message that people just viewing the post would need to know to try and solve it. So there would be a little push-pin icon at the bottom of a reply and the OP could press that and when people would view the post, that would appear right underneath the original post. If there are any other questions, feel free to ask.

Editing the original post would work as well.

Most users here tend to read through a whole thread before replying though, to make sure they're not saying something that was said already. This would be an interesting feature, though.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

16 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Editing the original post would work as well.

Most users here tend to read through a whole thread before replying though, to make sure they're not saying something that was said already. This would be an interesting feature, though.

I would have to respectfully disagree with the users reading through thing mostly because on a topic I started wondering if my computer was ready for VR I got 5 different replies saying no, not offering any info whatsoever and I feel that if I could have pinned a screenshot of my steam vr test asking what I needed to upgrade, I wouldn't have gotten as many useless responses

A lot of the time people will use the "Mark as solved" button that will highlight a post and have it displayed above the original post.

1 minute ago, bigmouthbob1 said:

I would have to respectfully disagree with the users reading through thing mostly because on a topic I started wondering if my computer was ready for VR I got 5 different replies saying no, not offering any info whatsoever and I feel that if I could have pinned a screenshot of my steam vr test asking what I needed to upgrade, I wouldn't have gotten as many useless responses

Well, looking at the thread you're talking about most of the people did actually give very good reasons explaining their answer and provided additional information. In regards to your suggestion that if you were able to pin your steam results to the top of the thread, those people wouldn't have replied 'useless' responses to your thread... Well, those replies were all posted before you posted your steam VR test results.

probably not modern vr maybe legacy

Suggests that older/lighter VR games might work

No, for a good current-gen experience you would need a more powerful computer

Suggests you could consider a hardware upgrade

no 

Well, this one just says no, so is a bit pointless, however looking at the timestamp on the post it was posted at the same time as the other posts before it, so he probably posted it without seeing that other people had already provided answers.

NOPE, with VR you don't want minimum spec you want recommenced spec. frame drops will make your head hurt and make your VR experience shitty. even with a i5 and 390 I get frame drops in VR games.

Offers what appears to be personal experience that suggests meeting the minimum specs required won't always give a good experience, and you should aim for the 'recommended' specs.

Definitely not. Just to mirror the above I upgraded my 1070 to a 2080ti just to stop making things look like a potato in vr.

Agrees with other posters and offers additional personal feedback about their experience with playing at the minimum spec vs above recommended

look into an Oculus Go or Oculus Quest if you don't have the money for a new PC.

Suggests alternative options for VR systems

Seems to me like they've done a good job at providing unique responses with new information to help you.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Only part where I would see this useful is when thread starts asking something and goes to completely different direction while looking at answers. Like troubleshooting which turns out as upgrade. Or other way around. There someone posting reply to OP on 3rd page is already out of the loop.

However, I don't think this will be used much. People who would need it are new users, some have their first forum account, so they don't know how to use anything, don't bother learning, and think that we run paid support service here.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv