They say money doesn't bring happiness.... I disagree.

MyLittleFella

I was [a little drunk] thinking to myself: "Damn, If I were rich 100% of my problems would go away." and it's true. Imagine this: From this point and on, you don't have to worry with anything else. All you gotta do now is: Chill and enjoy the rest of your life.

Word.

Cheers, happy friday.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

Well financial security certainly brings happiness with things relating to financial costs. However life is life, and most of lifes problems don't revolve around how much money you have in your bank account. And with the more you have the more you have to worry about, insuring your money is secure, your property is well protected and insured. It sounds rosy but there's a reason wealthy people live in fortresses and employ an army of lawyers and security. All of that brings stress and anxiety. 

There's are just the things involving yourself, all the money in the world won't stop a family member from dying of a terminal disease, from you dying in a car accident or becoming a victim of crime. It won't save you from a broken marriage or issues relating to everyone else around you.

Money doesn't buy happiness, but it reduces many of the stressors that can cause UNhappiness..

..bringing its own stressors with IT at the same time. 

Of course I'd rather be in my current position than return to living cheque to cheque. 

Just my $0.02

5 hours ago, MyLittleFella said:

If I were rich 100% of my problems would go away

but that will bring it's own problems. rich people are more often than not some of the most miserable people you will meet.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

you know when you watch some cheesy soap opera or tv shows and one of those characters become rich then people around him start to get jealous, start to con him his money, start to distance themselves from the character, everyone who got rich, has to deal with these kind of issues.

if one thing in this world that can break people's friendship, is money. when I was younger I thought: "welp, that's because those people have shitty friends", then a few years later I realized that I was wrong. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

6 hours ago, MyLittleFella said:

I was [a little drunk] thinking to myself: "Damn, If I were rich 100% of my problems would go away." and it's true. Imagine this: From this point and on, you don't have to worry with anything else. All you gotta do now is: Chill and enjoy the rest of your life.

Word.

Cheers, happy friday.

"All you gotta do now is: Chill and enjoy the rest of your life."

Your friends and family members disagree with that. 

6 hours ago, MyLittleFella said:

Word.

Cheers, happy friday.

While limitless money may seem to solve all of life's problems, it does not solve any of life's feelings. What I mean by this is even if you never had to purchase anything, eventually you'd get bored of being able to do literally anything you wanted in life, longing for a more emotional connection to a close group of friends, family, or just humans. We're social creatures by nature, so while money can buy tangible goods, it cannot buy friendships, nor can it revive the dead, nor can it turn back time so you can ask out that woman you almost ran into when boarding the train last week.

Now, I'm not saying that rich people can't live fulfilling lives - in fact, there are many who do just this, taking lots of time for themselves & their families. However, I also know quite a few people on the other end of the spectrum, some of which are living much worse than paycheck to paycheck. Despite being hounded by debt collectors and living in what we'd call a complete shithole of a house, they have a much stronger connection to friends and family - much more than the rich people with money and power.

I don't want to leave this on a negative note, but I feel the following video is relevant in this situation, even though it doesn't have to do with being rich or poor specifically. It covers being present in the moment, rather than being glued to a screen, detached from reality, as so many of us are these days. Money can have the same effect - if you're too rich or arrogant about your wealth, you will end up distanced and less able to communicate with other members of society.

To me, human connection is more powerful than ANY amount of wealth or power can provide, and is something we need to bring back if we're to evolve as one human nation on this earth. Otherwise I fear more and more communities will distance themselves from each other, resulting in an influx of premature deaths among certain demographics. It's a balancing act between having tangible goods that make us happy temporarily and being around caring friends and family that make us happy permanently. I know which of the 2 I'd choose in a heartbeat. Do you?

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

I always say this :

Too much money might not make you happy, but having a decent savings account does for most people; like others said financial security is something most of us will agree is nice to have.

However I do believe millionaires can be unhappy, after-all they are also humans; but in general I believe they live happier lives then us "peasants".

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

I’ll speak to this as someone who has money and isn’t particularly happy. Not that happiness is really something I aim for.

When I was younger I had quit my job and was in debt and struggling to put together a company, often not eating for days so I could take the bus to places to try and get a client...I was always thinking that if I won lottery then all my problems would be solved - I could travel anywhere I want, eat healthily, be driven around, pay off my apartment, have time for dating and problems would go away. In short, I had hope (or wishful thinking) that my problems were all solvable with money and I could escape what was quite a serious depression.

Then my company suddenly got a multimillion dollar contract. 

I can travel anywhere I want, someone cooks me healthy food every day, I’m driven around, my apartment is paid off, I can date basically anyone I want. I don’t have those problems that I used to have but the unhappiness remains. I no longer have hope that money will fix anything, which can make the depression considerably worse ? That feeds a whole bunch of other problems .

Like Linus said, I’d rather be in my current position than living paycheque to paycheque again, but money’s not shifted my attitude to life. I suspect a person will be inherently happy or unhappy regardless of how much money they have.

When you have money, nothing is a problem unless money cannot solve it.  Which means you face about 99% less problems than anyone else.  The world is driven by money.

Happiness is relative, and cannot be measured in money.  Im not rich by any means, but with my 2 kids and wife I couldn't be more happy.  When someone says to me, hey whats up, I respond - Blessed.  Because relatively speaking, I am :)  And problems are...always going to be there but the lows in life make the highs worth living.  My 2 copper coins.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

15 hours ago, MyLittleFella said:

is this what passes for  topic now?

So as everyone pointed out, this is just silly. Money doesn't buy you happiness, money buys items. your judgement on which items will or will not bring you happiness. as stated by Nonono in the song "Pumpin' Blood", you are a catalyst to your own happiness. Meaning you are in charge of your happiness. The environment you are in, the point in your life you're at, those can be good or bad, but how you react to those adversities is a choice. I barely make enough to support my family, but I am extremely happy, because at a time I could NOT support my family. My perspective says i'm at the best position I've ever been in, and I'm going up from here. If I make a mistake, I don't get depressed because I failed, I am happy that I made it through the mistake and learn from it. Happiness is not a product of your condition, but rather a product of your reaction to your condition.

9 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Money doesn't buy happiness, but it reduces many of the stressors that can cause UNhappiness..

Agreed, what money really does is allow for more choice. with money, I'm not restricted to reacting to my current life, I could be reacting to a private Island in Dubai, or a collection of Aston Martin Cars in the garage of my new mansion. This however doesn't guarantee my reaction those will be good. A private island in dubai sounds nice, but I get too hot eaily and wouldn't like living on the beach. I'd also get lonely and bored. A mansion would make me frustrated at the time it takes to clean, and maintenance on a bunch of classic cars would stress me. Also I would hate the mileage on those. If you have any more belief left that money is the answer, read any of the stories in this article

https://www.businessinsider.com/lottery-winners-lost-everything-2017-8

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

"If money can't buy happiness, I guess I'll have to rent it." Weird Al.

While it is true it can't buy happiness, it'll make your life a LOT easier having lots of it, than having none at all.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

There have actually been studies on this

emotionandincomeCHART2-01.thumb.png.2508dcc424ee79b77ebb11539d1fbe1c.png

Plus, i guess it depends on the job, but what is money worth if you don't have enough time to spend it? 

I was actually talking about this with a few people the other day. 

My father earns a decent salary. But he also works his ass off, averaging 60 hours a week. I asked him what's the one thing he would want to make his job better. He said he wanted more time. Not more money, or more job recognition. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I'll take being happy and sleeping good at night over being rich every time. I could retire tomorrow if I didn't have morals. ?

-KuJoe

On 11/10/2018 at 2:38 AM, MyLittleFella said:

Word.

Cheers, happy friday.

Money doesn't solve *all* problems. But it can make things easier. Although, I couldn't really chill, even if I had millions in the bank.

First you wanna find out how you keep a big chunk of what you have without paying too much taxes - Hello, we're your income taxes and we'll try to rip you off.

And I don't mean scamming taxes, I mean re-investing. And if you're gonna re-invest, you should do it in a manner that doesn't hurt anyone.

But I can agree on that having money makes things easier depending on what you want in life. Materialistic at least.

But there are downsides to being rich. Like I initially said, first of all you want to make sure that you keep what you... got from that post train robbery. And then you really want to find out why you suddenly got 500 friends who ask for favours when you had like only 5 last week?

Being rich comes with challenges as does everything in life. I wouldn't mind having the money to travel without having second thoughts on it. But what I couldn't do would be being rich and not do anything. Like, when you say 'chill', that's a word I like to use for Sundays. I enjoy working, I enjoy helping out. So I'd probably end up building my own helping-hand company. So no chill for me.^^

And also, all I really want is being able to stay healthy, meet with friends and enjoy my hellish black coffee every morning. As long as I can achieve that, I'm pretty happy. Tho, travelling would make it even better, I gotta give in to that. :D

“For if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well.” 
― Barack Obama

Tech:

Daily Driver: MacBook Pro 15" TB (mid-2018), Intel Core i7-8850H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz, 512 GB SSD, AMD Radeon Pro 560XWeight lifting: Dell Alienware 15 R4, Intel Core i7-8750H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz SK Hynix, Nvidia GTX 1070 on 15" 1080p TN Gsync 120Hz, Intel Pro 7600p PCIe NVMe 256 GB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 15" 1920x1080 TN Gsync 120Hz, Windows 10 Pro, Fedora 30, K.L, P.OS. The Home Panel: Samsung C34H892, 34" Ultra Wide 3440x1440p, VA, 60Hz.

Tumblr - Riot-Company, CA

i think at sometime, your need ascented from financial one to self-accomplish one, for example, Bill Gates.

he have loadz of money, he probably don't care about them anymore, so he dump them on his foundation. because at this time he doesnt care about making money anymore, he want to make a change, change to humanity at whole. more precisely, to improve the quality of life of rural areas, thats why he and the foundation make those toilet things.

my point is, human always need something, money is a big slice in the pie, but not all of them.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

It does not bring happiness to everyone. Or any. It is like food. Without it, life is difficult. With it, life is less difficult. But one's "life does not result from their possessions".

Spoiler

Image result for oprah

well

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

On 11/9/2018 at 8:38 PM, MyLittleFella said:

Word.

Cheers, happy friday.

Have you seen anyone frown on a waverunner or jetski?