Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
October22nd

Is there a wireless monitor on the market?

Posted · Original PosterOP

So i have my pc on the opposite side of my room to my bed and i want to lay on my bed to watch movies, youtube etc. is there any wireless style monitor on the market? It would be only for viewing not for touchscreen or physically interacting with. I would screen mirror my phone to it Any suggestions/help is much appreciated! Thanks.

Wireless HDMI "cables" do exist, but not monitors per se.

RIP Stan Lee 1922-2018

Managing the new PSU Tier List (Launching SoonTM). Anyone else an electro swing fan?

DIOCLETIAN III : CPU: Core i7-8700K @5.0GhZ || CPU COOLER : BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 || MOBO : ASUS STRIX Z370-E || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC || RAM: 2 (2x more coming) x8GB GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync || Pile of SSDs lol: 970 EVO 250GB (Boot), 850 EVO 1TB, MX500 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x & Corsair Premium cables || Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG RGB SE|| Monitor: Samsung 28" 4K60HZ ||  KEYBOARD: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Browns) || Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 310 with XXL mouse mat || Audio: SteelSeries Arctis 5, Blue Snowball iCE || Case Fans : 2x Phanteks 140mm Halos RGB'd fans||

MAXIMIAN II  : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9GhZ|| CPU COOLER : Cooler Master ML240L || MOBO : MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon|| GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Strix || RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Aegis (2666) || SSD: TeamGroup L5 Lite 3D 240GB, Intel 545s 256GB || HDD: Barracuda 2TB || PSU: SeaSonic Focus+ Gold 650W w/ Cablemod Basics extensions || CASE: Phanteks P300 Black || Monitor: ACER KG1 1440p 144HZ ||  KEYBOARD: Razer BlackWidow X Chroma TE  || Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 310 || Audio: HyperX Cloud II || Case Fans : 3x Corsair SP120 Blue LED||

LAPTOP - 3XS L15 Vengeance Pro, Incoming : CPU: Core i7-8750H || GPU: GTX 1060 6GB || RAM: 2*8GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM || SSD: 500GB 860 Evo, 500GB 850 Evo || CASE: 15" Laptop - Black || Monitor: 15" 1080p 60HZ ||  KEYBOARD: Laptop keyboard  || Mouse: Probably a Rival 310 (Yes I have three) || Audio: Depends

MARCUS AURELIUS II : CPU: i5-7500 || CPU COOLER : Enermax ET-ST40 Fit || MOBO : Gigabyte Z270XP-SLI || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB || RAM: 1x8GB G.Skill Aegis (2666) || SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5 Lite 3D|| HDD: WD Green 500GB x3 || PSU: Corsair CX750M || CASE: MasterBox Lite 5 || Monitor: ViewSonic generic 22" ||  KEYBOARD: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2016  || Mouse: HyperX Pulsefire || Audio: Not yet || Case Fans : 1x Phanteks case fan, 1x included fan, 1x NZXT case fan

Mobile: Galaxy S7, Honor 7X || Kindle Fire 10" & 7" - Running Android 6.0 ||

Forum salt merchant so granted by @dizmo, Grand Deacon of the Glorious Brethren and Guardians of the Most High Overlords Asus and Arctic Cooling. All hail thy lord and savior the Arctic Freezer 33 eSports ONE

What phone do you have?

Desktop Computer Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700 (-0.175V undervolt) Motherboard: HP Thimphu Z170 mATX RAM: G.Skill DDR4-2133 CL13 Memory (4x8GB) GPU: GTX 970 SSD: SanDisk X300 128GB HDDs: WD Blue 1TB + Toshiba 750GB Keyboard: Logitech G710+ w/ Cherry MX Browns Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QCK Monitor: Samsung S24D390 24" 1080p 60Hz 250 nit PLS Audio: Insignia NS-PSB4521 OS: W10 Ultimate + Linux Mint 19 + FreeNAS 11.1

Primary Laptop Specs (ROG G750JW):

CPU: Intel Core i7 4700HQ (-0.1V undervolt) Motherboard: ASUS HM87 RAM: Samsung DDR3-1600 CL11 Memory (3x4GB) GPU: GTX 765M SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB HDD: Toshiba 750GB Mouse: Logitech MK235 Screen: 17.3" 1080p 60Hz 350 nit TN Display Monitor: Dell E2418HN 24" 1080p 60Hz 250 nit IPS OS: W10 Home

Secondary Laptop Specs (Samsung R525):

CPU: AMD Athlon II M320 Motherboard: Samsung M780G RAM: Samsung DDR2-800 Memory (1x4GB) GPU: ATI HD 5470 512MB HDD: Samsung Spinpoint M7 120GB Mouse: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 1850 Screen: 15.6" 1366x768 60Hz 200 nit TN OS: W7 Ultimate

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

No, but there are devices like wireless HDMI transmitters.

Just now, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

That's a real shame! I thought for sure there would be a kind of product like this. I know they make portable monitors but i don't to have to run the cable across my room. Anyway thanks very much for the replies!

9 minutes ago, October22nd said:

So i have my pc on the opposite side of my room to my bed and i want to lay on my bed to watch movies, youtube etc. is there any wireless style monitor on the market? It would be only for viewing not for touchscreen or physically interacting with. I would screen mirror my phone to it Any suggestions/help is much appreciated! Thanks.

Can't you use cables? 

If your problem is hdmi cable thickness, you can try this.

1 minute ago, October22nd said:

That's a real shame! I thought for sure there would be a kind of product like this. I know they make portable monitors but i don't to have to run the cable across my room. Anyway thanks very much for the replies!

it largely comes down to the technology, to transmit a sufficient image quality you need a LOT of bandwidth and that bandwidth increases as resolution/framerate increases so building a monitor with the wireless built in would have such a tiny tiny market due to pricing it's better off to let people buy an adapter to make whatever monitor they want wireless.

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If it's pushing what a phone is showing to a TV or other display device, then you might be able to cast the screen to the TV. But this is limited to smart TVs and a random phone may not be compatible with a random TV.

This would work for sure however i dont have a TV in my room, i just watch everything on my pc instead. :)

7 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

it largely comes down to the technology, to transmit a sufficient image quality you need a LOT of bandwidth and that bandwidth increases as resolution/framerate increases so building a monitor with the wireless built in would have such a tiny tiny market due to pricing it's better off to let people buy an adapter to make whatever monitor they want wireless.

17 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

No, but there are devices like wireless HDMI transmitters.

16 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Wait so i could just buy a portable monitor like the ASUS MB168B, for example; then buy a wireless adapter to plug into the monitor? Would that work?

3 minutes ago, October22nd said:

Wait so i could just buy a portable monitor like the ASUS MB168B, for example; then buy a wireless adapter to plug into the monitor? Would that work?

if you don't mind using your phone to cast everything something like a Chromecast attached to the portable monitors HDMI input would be the cheaper route but you would be limited to things you can "cast" from your PC or phone to truely "go wireless" with your PC's video output (so you see the entire desktop on the portable monitor) you need something like this https://www.amazon.com/Nyrius-Transmitter-Streaming-Projector-NPCS549/dp/B009E6R89C

and that costs over 5 times what a Chromecast costs

3 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

if you don't mind using your phone to cast everything something like a Chromecast attached to the portable monitors HDMI input would be the cheaper route but you would be limited to things you can "cast" from your PC or phone to truely "go wireless" with your PC's video output (so you see the entire desktop on the portable monitor) you need something like this https://www.amazon.com/Nyrius-Transmitter-Streaming-Projector-NPCS549/dp/B009E6R89C

and that costs over 5 times what a Chromecast costs

I literally just watched Unbox Therapy's video on that product hahaha. Would wok wonders but it's just too expensive.

As for using my phone to cast that's fine as I use it to cast to my PC, I have showbox so i just watch movies on there and cast it to m PC. Also i have a Samsung S8 which has the Smart View feature allowing me to cast my phone screen to my PC, so i could just have youtube, netflix or whatever on my phone and cast it to my PC. But using the Chromecast is probably the way to go. So thank you very much for the reply!