Buying a new phone, the most painful thing i've had to do

TheNuzziNuzz

I currently have a Moto X Pure eddition.

I've had this model for almost four years. The $350 phone plus the $50 outstanding warranty has stuck with me through three replacements all covered in warranty. This means I've had three completely separate moto X Pure's for $400 in the last four years.

I absolutely love this phone, and its very difficult to consider something new.

I have yet to find a phone that at the same price has both a beautiful screen, duel speakers, the incredible warranty, and so much more. But recently, the X has not been keeping up. Apps crash constantly, things are getting less stable. I havn't been getting security updates and i'm missing the latest features of android. Battery life sucks, and the phone can't do more than one thing at once.

The turning point was today, I was tyring to listen to music at the same time as using Google maps to go home, and I had to pull over three times to restart the phone because google maps kept freezing. TLDR, every app constantly starts to crash and nothing works its very very annoying.

I've already tried rooting, custom roms, tweaks, resets, everything. ANd its got me about an extra year out of this phone.. But its time is coming...

I wan't an upgrade, but I want one that's as practical as this phone was. THe closest i've come is the Oneplus 6t, but i'm hesitant at the over $600 price after warranty for the base model! I'd love to pay for something that's worth it, but $600 is 1/4 of what my car cost..

Anyway, I think I got a really good deal on the X, and I get that i'm probably never going to get that again, so any advice?

Thank you for your help, and sorry motorola but its just not okay to not have a fingerprint sensor going into 2019.

Computers r fun

Get the Honor Play. For $300 it is an amazing deal !! A screen is LCD than Oled.

Just now, OppositeCube said:

Get the Honor Play. For $300 it is an amazing deal !! A screen is LCD than Oled.

How does it compare to Oneplus?

Computers r fun

10 minutes ago, vascobrissos14 said:

Pocophone F1?

Samsung A or J series?

What do I loose on the Pocophone compared to Oneplus 6/6T?

Computers r fun

Just now, TheNuzziNuzz said:

How does it compare to Oneplus?

The fingerprint sensor is at the back though. Notch is a but huge but it can be toggled off in settings.

The base model comes with...

64GB storage

4GB Ram.

Huawei's current Flagship Kirin 970 (A bit slower than an SD 845 but faster than SD 835)

Main:16 MP, f/2.2, PDAF
Second:2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor

It comes with Android 8.1 oreo but it will get Android P soon.

It runs EMUI, In my experience it is good. The best thing I like about it is the regular security patches it gets every month! with optimization and some extra features and bug fixes every month!!

11 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

What do I loose on the Pocophone compared to Oneplus 6/6T?

Well for $210 less, you lose the In display Fingerprint sensor. The water drop notch than a big one (it can be toggled off). You lose the Glass back. The f1 is made out of Plastic but you can put a sort of skin or case to make it feel premium. 

Stock Android. Miui will be filled with bloatware and ADS. But hey all of those ads can be turned off in individual Apps settings. And it is Android you can simply delete those Bloatware Apps.

Otherwise. Not much

7 minutes ago, OppositeCube said:

Well for $210 less, you lose the In display Fingerprint sensor. The water drop notch than a big one (it can be toggled off). You lose the Glass back. The f1 is made out of Plastic but you can put a sort of skin or case to make it feel premium. 

Stock Android. Miui will be filled with bloatware and ADS. But hey all of those ads can be turned off in individual Apps settings. And it is Android you can simply delete those Bloatware Apps.

Otherwise. Not much

Just found out it doesn't have NFC, that would be an adjustment to live without. Hmmm

Computers r fun

12 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Just found out it doesn't have NFC, that would be an adjustment to live without. Hmmm

NFC... well. Ok, that is a tough one to find it in a budget smartphone.

14 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Can you tell me why you need NFC? I got NFC on my Samsung J6 and I thought it was a good thing when I got it but I have literally ZERO use for it... maybe it's cause I live in Portugal.

Where do you use NFC?

1 minute ago, OppositeCube said:

NFC... well. Ok, that is a tough one to find it in a budget smartphone.

Not true. My 220€ Samsung J6 has it. I don't know what you call budget though but ~200€ is budget for me.

Just now, vascobrissos14 said:

Can you tell me why you need NFC? I got NFC on my Samsung J6 and I thought it was a good thing when I got it but I have literally ZERO use for it... maybe it's cause I live in Portugal.

Where do you use NFC?

In store purchases, and my friends and I send each other memes with it, they will be disjointed to find out I can't anymore.

I guess what I'm asking is which is more bang for the buck, Pocophone or Oneplus 6T

Computers r fun

1 minute ago, vascobrissos14 said:

Not true. My 220€ Samsung J6 has it. I don't know what you call budget though but ~200€ is budget for me.

Really? Ok, most budget phones I have seen (average $300) do not have it.

Meanwhile Samsung phones have it. The Galaxy A7 has it 

1 minute ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

In store purchases, and my friends and I send each other memes with it, they will be disjointed to find out I can't anymore.

I guess what I'm asking is which is more bang for the buck, Pocophone or Oneplus 6T

Well, we here still use credit cards to purchase stuff ON TECH STORES.

You use NFC to share memes? That's a weird but probably fun way to do it hehe.

After all, if you want the premium feel and NFC, go with the OnePlus 6T.

If you want a more budget option and don't care much about the premium quality, go with the Pocophone.

Just now, OppositeCube said:

Really? Ok, most budget phones I have seen (average $300) do not have it.

Meanwhile Samsung phones have it. The Galaxy A7 has it 

My friend has a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and he doesn't have NFC but he has 5GHz wifi. Honestly, I preffer to have 5GHz wifi instead of NFC.

But again, I only think like that cause my country still doesn't use NFC that much and it's almost useless. The opposite from OP.

3 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

21 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Also if the camera is the main focus for you get the Samsung Galaxy A7. For $350 it also has NFC, It has freaking 3 camera with decent quality. it comes with decent SD 710 I mean good for most work.

Just now, vascobrissos14 said:

My friend has a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and he doesn't have NFC but he has 5GHz wifi. Honestly, I preffer to have 5GHz wifi instead of NFC.

But again, I only think like that cause my country still doesn't use NFC that much and it's almost useless. The opposite from OP.

Well me too I don't care about it too. since also in my country no one uses it. The other person @TheNuzziNuzz was saying something about it :) 

1 minute ago, OppositeCube said:

it comes with decent SD 710 I mean good for most work.

Only problem with Samsung. Not the same processing power as other budget phones like the pocophone but I understand them and still like them.

1 minute ago, vascobrissos14 said:

Only problem with Samsung. Not the same processing power as other budget phones like the pocophone but I understand them and still like them.

But it is Good and respectable it is Better than the SD 660 (or 636) Found is latest Xioami Redimi series.