laptop ram issue

Hi guys i am hanny from egypt, i have a question which is weird i have a hp pavilion dv6 laptop 3141ee, its may be 7 years old but is good but i am facing a memory issue the main ram slot can read the 4 gb ram but it turns off suddenly and restarts, but when i add the same ram in the secondary ram slot it works and doesn't restart, and the thing is i have 2×4gb ram and they were working fine but now suddenly the ram slot is having issue, kindly tell me what can i do to solve the issue because i know i can buy a 8gb ddr3 ram and use it in the secondary slot but i am afraid its just a matter of time and then it starts to do as the main ram slot. 

A lot of things can be reason for this problem, I guess the most easy way to try "fixing" it is by cleaning the slot, then removing the battery and power cable and hold the power button of the laptop for 30 sec to 1 min. Then plug your power cable and try starting the laptop with both of your RAM sticks, hope that works!

i tried voiha but it still does the same the thing and i went to maintenance guys asked them, they said to charge the bois, and even when i would say my problem they would be shocked of my case.