Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Firas64

What are best FPS limiter software ?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Yo

is there anyone can tell me what are the best FPS limiter ?

i'm actually using AMD FRTC,but i heard that this software adds much input lag .
is that true ? 
should i use RTSS ? bcz i want to play with Freesync and my monitor range is (48-75hz) and im getting in all my games 80+fps in max settings but unfortunately i have some game that dont have FPS limiter so i need a software that cap my fps with low input lag.

Are you talking about enabling v-sync? Most games have the option to turn it on.

Blueberry Pi : R7 1700 OC@3.9GHz ‖ Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi ATX ‖ Corsair Vengeance LED (Blue) 2x16GB 3000MHz ‖ EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB ‖ EVGA P2 850W ‖ Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue) ‖ Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower

Server + Streaming PC : i7-8700k OC@5.0GHz ‖ Asus Z370-G Gaming Wi-Fi mATX ‖ G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz (Grey) ‖ EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX 8GB ‖ EVGA P2 750W ‖ Cryorig H5 Ultimate ‖ 4x IronWolf 8TB 7200RPM (Raid 10) ‖ Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG ATX Mid Tower

Big White : i7-6700k OC@4.8GHz ‖ Asus Z270I ROG Gaming Wi-Fi AC ITX  ‖ Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz (White) ‖ Asus GTX 1060 Dual Series 6GB ‖ Corsair RM650i ‖ Thermaltake Frio Silent 12 (White) ‖ Thermaltake Core V1 Snow Edition Mini ITX Cube

Mini IPC : Pentium G4600T ‖ MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX ‖ Corsair Vengeance 1x8GB 2400MHz (Black) ‖ Intel Integrated Graphics ‖ Built-In 150W Inwin PSU ‖ Cryorig C7 ‖ Inwin BQ696 Mini ITX Case W/ PSU Black

Laptop: Dell XPS13 (2017) ‖ i7-7550U ‖ 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz RAM ‖ Intel Integrated Graphics ‖ 512GB m.2 SSD ‖ QHD+ (3200 x 1800) InfinityEdge touch display 

1 minute ago, JM21 said:

Are you talking about enabling v-sync? Most games have the option to turn it on.

no im not talking about vsync and vsync will add much input lag

im talking about fps cap that some games have it like Overwatch and ther are some games that dont have the fps cap so i need a software to cap the fps with low input lag

First off V-sync doesn't create input lag, and secondly v-sync limits your FPS to the refresh rate of your screen, so if you are normally getting 80+ FPS and turn v-sync on with a 75Hz monitor then your FPS is locked at a max of 75FPS. And from what I can tell there is a v-sync (AKA vertical sync) option in overwatch. I will refer you to this post.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/17612021168

Blueberry Pi : R7 1700 OC@3.9GHz ‖ Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi ATX ‖ Corsair Vengeance LED (Blue) 2x16GB 3000MHz ‖ EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB ‖ EVGA P2 850W ‖ Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue) ‖ Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower

Server + Streaming PC : i7-8700k OC@5.0GHz ‖ Asus Z370-G Gaming Wi-Fi mATX ‖ G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz (Grey) ‖ EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX 8GB ‖ EVGA P2 750W ‖ Cryorig H5 Ultimate ‖ 4x IronWolf 8TB 7200RPM (Raid 10) ‖ Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG ATX Mid Tower

Big White : i7-6700k OC@4.8GHz ‖ Asus Z270I ROG Gaming Wi-Fi AC ITX  ‖ Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz (White) ‖ Asus GTX 1060 Dual Series 6GB ‖ Corsair RM650i ‖ Thermaltake Frio Silent 12 (White) ‖ Thermaltake Core V1 Snow Edition Mini ITX Cube

Mini IPC : Pentium G4600T ‖ MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX ‖ Corsair Vengeance 1x8GB 2400MHz (Black) ‖ Intel Integrated Graphics ‖ Built-In 150W Inwin PSU ‖ Cryorig C7 ‖ Inwin BQ696 Mini ITX Case W/ PSU Black

Laptop: Dell XPS13 (2017) ‖ i7-7550U ‖ 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz RAM ‖ Intel Integrated Graphics ‖ 512GB m.2 SSD ‖ QHD+ (3200 x 1800) InfinityEdge touch display 

6 hours ago, Firas64 said:

what are the best FPS limiter ?

MSI Afterburner works perfectly. Never noticed any input lag using it. Leave v-sync off and just use MSI AB to limit your fps to 75. Not sure what your PC specs are so you may need to cap your fps at 60 in higher demanding games. Depends on your PC specs.

10 hours ago, Firas64 said:

i'm actually using AMD FRTC,but i heard that this software adds much input lag .

If you didn't feel that input lag, why would you change? I usually lock the fps inside the game, sometimes I use the V-Sync, I'm perfectly fine with that famous input lag

There is no reason to limit your fps, even if your monitor can only do 75hz the more fps you have is the better, this video explains it very well and it's less than 5 minutes

11 hours ago, JM21 said:

First off V-sync doesn't create input lag,

V-sync does introduce input lag, it's also mentioned in the video at 2:30.

19 minutes ago, ChernobilChuck said:

There is no reason to limit your fps, even if your monitor can only do 75hz the more fps you have is the better, this video explains it very well and it's less than 5 minutes

V-sync does introduce input lag, it's also mentioned in the video at 2:30.

I have extreme difficulty believing this video. In his experiment, his only results were that it "felt" smoother. It contradicts other experiments that have been done.

In the video a few years ago, Linus tested to see whether his staff could notice the difference between 60 and 120 fps hz and many people couldn't tell the difference.

There is a legitimate reason to limit fps. Assuming OP can't tell the difference, limiting FPS reduces needless electricity draw and heat generation.

23 minutes ago, PoorAndNeedy said:

There is a legitimate reason to limit fps. Assuming OP can't tell the difference, limiting FPS reduces needless electricity draw and heat generation.

Thats true, but the way op phrased i thought he thinks he needs to have maximum 75fps when his monitor can do a maximum of 75hz.

9 hours ago, ChernobilChuck said:

Thats true, but the way op phrased i thought he thinks he needs to have maximum 75fps when his monitor can do a maximum of 75hz.

dude if i dont cap the fps the freesync will not work.

so what do you suggest:

Freesync + vsync

Freesync + Frame limiter

Freesync + EnhancedSync