Windows 10 Pro Licenses Are Being Downgraded To Home

2 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

You're a bit silly to look at one aspect of a computer and say its way overpriced. I'd prefer a 12" MacBook that's $1000 than a brick that happens to have two more cores and a nicer display (Which is kinda stupid - it may be a TN panel but looks way nicer than laptops of similar price) for $500. Some people don't want their laptops to be made out of plastic junk. 

Linux is also available and better than Windows - with no premium at all, its free. 

I dont think you know much about ultrabooks outside of macs....It was getting fisted hard by everything in its price range. 

And yeah linux is free but it still has a premium. Tell that to any IT in an enterprise and youll get laughed out the door. Knowledge, time and work are all premiums. This is from someone who has 6 linux PCs and 2 windows.  

11 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

I mean it doesn’t even take someone who is certified in any level of IT to know that your system shouldn’t check for acitivations while the activation servers are down!

Its to prevent piracy. Nothing would stop people from just using the key to register, block the activation servers give the key to another PC and move on with their day. The PC cant tell if the servers are down or if they were blocked. All it knows is they it can't reach them. 

2 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Its to prevent piracy. Nothing would stop people from just using the key to register, block the activation servers give the key to another PC and move on with their day. The PC cant tell if the servers are down or if they were blocked. All it knows is they it can't reach them. 

Not my problem. That’s for Microsoft to figure out. You don’t deactivate your Pro customers down to home because you are incapable of figuring out how to activate your products. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

5 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

I dont think you know much about ultrabooks outside of macs....It was getting fisted hard by everything in its price range. 

And yeah linux is free but it still has a premium. Tell that to any IT in an enterprise and youll get laughed out the door. Knowledge, time and work are all premiums. This is from someone who has 6 linux PCs and 2 windows.  

If someone wants cheap junk to take notes on then they get a windows ultrabook. Wouldn't be surprised if they outsold the MacBook. Cheap junk sells well. 

Ubuntu and Linux Mint are incredibly easy to setup. Theres no knowledge time and work needed

25 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

You're a bit silly to look at one aspect of a computer and say its way overpriced. I'd prefer a 12" MacBook that's $1000 than a brick that happens to have two more cores and a nicer display (Which is kinda stupid - it may be a TN panel but looks way nicer than laptops of similar price) for $500. Some people don't want their laptops to be made out of plastic junk. 

Linux is also available and better than Windows - with no premium at all, its free. 

Not sure how wanting more price/performance, or being able to replace the ram and storage yourself, is stupid but to each their own I guess.  The 12" macbook is still overpriced compared to other ultrabooks when you only get a dual core and 8GB of ram for $1,300.

Cheap low grade easy to scratch aluminum isn't any better than plastic in similarly priced laptops though, laptops like Thinkpads are more solidly built.

Can't run Linux on a new macbook either by the way.  I'd like to replace Win10 with Linux but WINE isn't without bugs and Steam doesn't have  a huge library like Windows does. Edit- but a mess that would cost pro users or companies alot of time and money like this makes me want to go full time to even just a basic flavor of Linux like Ubuntu or Mint because I almost bought 10 pro instead of home. xD

2 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Not my problem. That’s for Microsoft to figure out. You don’t deactivate your Pro customers down to home because you are incapable of figuring out how to activate your products. 

Been activating for years and one day it goes down and all of a sudden they are incapable. You need me to look up the definition of it?

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

If someone wants cheap junk to take notes on then they get a windows ultrabook. Wouldn't be surprised if they outsold the MacBook. Cheap junk sells well. 

Ubuntu and Linux Mint are incredibly easy to setup. Theres no knowledge time and work needed

I mean many ultrabooks are getting better build quality ratings then the mac books so we can toss that point right out. 

Also, yeah installing is easy. Thats not the problem, its the completely random shit or configuration needed per device to get things like the mouse, wireless, trackpad or speakers to work correctly. If you really used linux you would actually know.

9 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Cheap low grade easy to scratch aluminum isn't any better than plastic in similarly priced laptops though, laptops like Thinkpads are more solidly built.

The aluminum Apple uses, in the thickness Apple uses, is at best, equivalent to the plastic used in the laptops ACER made for $800 during the Windows 8.1 era.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

incapable

0187E4D7-F50E-4F96-B095-42B4D16498D4.jpeg.0e121a41a7c594196d30c09e52b537ec.jpeg

Microsoft is incapable of providing a reliable experience to their customers. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

The aluminum Apple uses, in the thickness Apple uses, is at best, equivalent to the plastic used in the laptops ACER made for $800 during the Windows 8.1 era.

I’ll direct you to have much Linus admired the quality construction of Apple’s machines in this video

But sure, a plastic Ascer laptop is a fair comparison. 

1 hour ago, Syntaxvgm said:

On home, you can't join a domain, assign group policy ( a way to fix some of the annoying shit in 10), can't use remote desktop, or use bitlocker. Aside from that, on 10 or another version, it's what they paid for. 

Can't find a reference to check, but I think I had to use Pro before to support more than one socket, but that might have been Win7. There are some arbitrary hardware support limits in home that are getting easier to hit these days...

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

Proprietary OSes are incapable of providing a reliable experience to their customers. 

ftfy

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, porina said:

Can't find a reference to check, but I think I had to use Pro before to support more than one socket, but that might have been Win7. There are some arbitrary hardware support limits in home that are getting easier to hit these days...

You still can only use 1 socket on Pro iirc.

for more than 1 socket you need Pro for Workstations or Enterprise afaik.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

"Unable to do or achieve"

Been doing it for 20+ years but it fails once and you lose your shit

3 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Laughs in macOS*

*Laughs in Windows 7*

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

ftfy

Some people seem to be quickly forgetting that recent bug where the machines were kernel panicking. xD

2 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

*Laughs in Windows 7*

*Laughs in Linux Mint 19*

@MEC-777 Feeling better about running Linux on laptop everyday cos Windows stability is a joke at this point :D.

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

*Laughs in Linux Mint 19*

@MEC-777 Feeling better about running Linux on laptop everyday cos Windows stability is a joke at this point :D.

6 windows PCs that havent had a single issue in 3 years now on windows 10.

Weekly on my Mint and debian boxes. 

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

Linus admired the quality construction of Apple’s machines

And why do I give a shit? It's not like Linus is a super competent reviewer.

The MacBook lineup is as flimsy as most cheap plastic laptops. The difference being that plastic absorbs shock better, and depending on the plastic, can either be more flexible without suffering fatigue or can be stronger in thinner spots.

Apple's build quality is a joke to anyone that actually builds anything. Being made of metal means jack shit.

6 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Some people seem to be quickly forgetting that recent bug where the machines were kernel panicking. xD

Aluminum fixes everything.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Joke's on Microsoft, I already use Windows 10 Home :D

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Those awkward moments when you pay for a license and you still get locked out when pirates are still untouched.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

And why do I give a shit? It's not like Linus is a super competent reviewer.

The MacBook lineup is as flimsy as most cheap plastic laptops. The difference being that plastic absorbs shock better, and depending on the plastic, can either be more flexible without suffering fatigue or can be stronger in thinner spots.

Apple's build quality is a joke to anyone that actually builds anything. Being made of metal means jack shit.

Aluminum fixes everything.

What I consider build quality isnt even on the outside. Rossman shows the bass akward way the logic boards are constructed and the lack of care resulting it failures left and right. Followed by showing cheap laptops doing it the right way. 

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

What I consider build quality isnt even on the outside. Rossman shows the bass akward way the logic boards are constructed and the lack of care resulting it failures left and right. Followed by showing cheap laptops doing it the right way. 

For me, build quality is the entirety of the design. Talking about chassis build quality, Apple's chassis are average at best, pretty bad if we factor that metal, once bent, stays bent.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

For me, build quality is the entirety of the design. Talking about chassis build quality, Apple's chassis are average at best, pretty bad if we factor that metal, once bent, stays bent.

For chassis Dell and Lenovo are king. Durable as hell and not metal.