Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_Riley_

Electric ripstik battery upgrade?

Posted · Original PosterOP

So ive been using an electric ripstik for quite some time and it works completely fine except when I want to go up steeper hills. At first I was going to try and find a 21v battery and just increase it from the 2000 mAh that was there before to something higher capacity. 

When I opened the bottom of the scooter I found that there was space for a much larger battery and also that the connector the plug was using was a standard hobby T connecter. That got me wondering if I could use like an 7-8S lipo battery and make the scooter have more torque. Would this actually work or would it fry the electronics. Thanks!

1 hour ago, _Riley_ said:

So ive been using an electric ripstik for quite some time and it works completely fine except when I want to go up steeper hills. At first I was going to try and find a 21v battery and just increase it from the 2000 mAh that was there before to something higher capacity. 

When I opened the bottom of the scooter I found that there was space for a much larger battery and also that the connector the plug was using was a standard hobby T connecter. That got me wondering if I could use like an 7-8S lipo battery and make the scooter have more torque. Would this actually work or would it fry the electronics. Thanks!

Since the battery is probably a 6s battery having a 7 or 8s pack should be OK, it all depends how overbuilt the circuitry is in the ripstik. The motor may also have cooling issues at higher voltages. 

You could potentially put a 6s2p pack on for more run time.