Replacing laptop display with a better one?

Khryus

Hi, I was wondering if it'd be possible to replace my old Asus F556U's crappy screen/display/whatever with a better one. 

I'm looking for something that:

• doesn't feel as cheap (stock bends a lot),
  • is possibly IPS (stock is like some incredibly shitty TN panel),
  • and maybe has a greater resolution.

The stock one also has a webcam that I'm not interested in keeping (I don't mind if the new one has it or not).

I don't intend to use the laptop for gaming purposes (it isn't that great spec-wise anyways), but I would like to use it for productivity. 

E: screen should be 15.6" 

Would this be doable at all? 

Also, off topic because I don't want to be obnoxious and open a new thread - how can I go about getting some skins for this laptop in Europe? How could I make my own? (Just looking to apply one on the back of the screen)

theres tons of monitors that could plug into it yeah its possible

I've been browsing around websites and found a few FHD IPS 30-pin replacement screens of other brands. The laptop I have also has a 30-pin connector, but I've been told I might need to change the flat ribbon cable to a dual channel one (?) because my original resolution is smaller (1366x768) than the one I'm going to (1920x1080). I'm not sure where I could find it or if I even need to, if the connector is the same why should I need to change cables?

Also, would this be crazy stressful for the GPU/CPU during normal usage (web browsing / using IDEs like PhpStorm) ? 

I'm assuming any problems I might encounter at this point are just the new screen being partially covered by the plastic casing of the laptop, which I guess I might just cut out. Am I wrong in thinking this?

The stress should be a problem, because during normal usage most parts of the screen are not refreshing, so the GPU and the CPU do not have to put in much effort. This is why a full screen YouTube video uses more resources than a non-full screen video. Cutting out the plastic should also not be problematic. Also, the cable may not need to be replaced, because the original cable should be able to handle higher resolution video, unless some of the pins are not connected to the pins on the other end.