Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SirTankBall

Facebook SCAM ads....

Posted · Original PosterOP

srry idk where this needs to go. if its not in the right place please move it to where it needs to be Mods.

so as i said on my post on my facebook wall.

"Something really needs to be done about those damn scam ads on Facebook there getting out of control... That's a fucking Apple iPad u can NOT run the Google play store on iOS...."

normally ublock would block this shit on chrome but its been geting pass ublock for a good few weeks now... this is also why i dont buy shit off this shity scam apps from china... someone needs to take facebook to court over this (i cant cuz whats money?)

45472853_2385974394765660_5209130267247116288_o.jpg

im 27 so i grow up with it, yes i know but its never been this bad. i though the retards at facebook had in there TOS when it comes to ads that this shit would get u banned and black listed from having ads on facebook 

then we have this shit. 

Screenshot_2018-11-06-14-51-25.png

6 hours ago, campy said:

Thats aliexpress

its not an ipad

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Mi-Pad-4-OTG-MiPad-4-Tablets-8-PC-Snapdragon-660-Octa-Core-1920x1200/32888037018.html?spm=2114

They just used a stock photo of an ipad with their UI on it

either way its not a scam, its just aliexpress, its where you buy cheap chinese stuff, not necessarily knockoffs

no, there trying to scam u. u have to remember there trying to get ppl that dont know much about tech to click and buy this trash

also the tablet looks ALOT like a ipad so it will easly fool someone that doesnt know better. so yes its 100% a scam. stoping being a AlieSheep and use your brain to see it has it is. there from china. scaming in china is a big thing. shows what little u know

my god i just look at that page. they tried there hardest to make the marking look like apple to. 

2 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

also the tablet looks ALOT like a ipad so it will easly fool someone that doesnt know better. so yes its 100% a scam. stoping being a AlieSheep and use your brain to see it has it is. there from china. scaming in china is a big thing. shows what little u know 

On 11/4/2018 at 10:56 PM, campy said:

Experienced internet denizens can tell whos who and usually the age range theyre in based on how they type, things like spelling, grammar, general attitude and the way they communicate with others.

From several years as a moderator on a social game, you pick up really fast how old someone is based on how it is they type ingame.

tldr, aliexpress is definitely not a scam site nor is that ad a scam, im 100% willing to bet that no only is there an ipad clone on there that runs android, im willing to bet its a near identical build and probably works better anyway

there are also actual ipads on aliexpress

plain and simple a poorly constructed advertisement thats the image version of chinglish isnt worthy of a lawsuit >>

12 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

someone needs to take facebook to court over this

3 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

First of all, you're making a general assumption about a country with over 1.3 BILLION people living in it. Second of all, AliExpress has fewer scammers than eBay. So no, we are not being "AlieSheep", and AliExpress is not a Chinese scam site. Plus, it states very clearly that that is not an iPad in the ad. 

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and two Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Northgate Omnikey Ultra Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL with stitched edge Headset:  Sennheiser HD598SE

I like old-ass keyboards, Volvos, Thinkpads, and fountain pens.

7 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

scaming in china is a big thing

And how are you making that assumption?

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel® Xeon® X5675 @ 4.62 GHz 1.4V Motherboard: ASUS P6X58-E WS (BCLK: 201 MHz) CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 & Noctua NA-SRC10 RAM: Crucial DDR3-1606 8-11-11-28 (2x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce® GTX 770 DirectCU II (Core Clock: 1250 MHz, Memory Clock: 3505 MHz) SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB (W10 Pro) HDD: WD Green 3.5" 1TB (7.2K RPM) PSU: Corsair AX860i & White CableMod ModFlex™ Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: Intake: 1x Dynamic X2 GP-12, Exhaust: 1x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL650-B 23.6" 1080p 144Hz 300 nit TN FreeSync & Samsung S24D390 23.6" 1080p 60Hz 250 nit PLS (OC'd to 75Hz) Keyboard: Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX Browns) Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Racing Wheel: Logitech G27 & Six-Speed Shifter Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones (Charcoal) CPU-Z

Primary Laptop:

Spoiler

Model: Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2019 (Silver, Touch Bar, 2x TB3 Ports) CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-8257U @ 1.4 GHz RAM: LPDDR3-2133 (8GB) GPU: Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 645 SSD: NVME PCIe 256GB Display: 13.3" 2560x1600 60Hz 500 nit IPS Battery: 58.2 Wh dbrand Skins: Trackpad (White Marble) & Palmrest (Hyperblack Titanium) Audio: Apple AirPods Pro

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-950 @ Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: Corsair H50 RAM: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 (3x2GB) & Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 (1x4GB) GPU: HIS Radeon HD 5770 SSD: None HDD: None PSU: HP 500W Unit Case: Corsair 100R

Secondary Laptop:

Spoiler

Model: ASUS ROG G750JW CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ @ 3.4 GHz RAM: DDR3-1600 11-11-11-28 (3x4GB) GPU: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 765M SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 2.5" 120GB (W10 Pro) HDD: Toshiba 2.5" 750GB (5.4K RPM) Display: 17.3" 1080p 60Hz 350 nit TN Monitor: Dell E2418HN 24" 1080p 60Hz 250 nit IPS Battery: 88 Wh Mouse: Logitech MK235 Audio: Beats Studio3 Wireless (Midnight Black)

15 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

my god i just look at that page. they tried there hardest to make the marking look like apple to. 

Welcome to the phone and tablet industry.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, SirTankBall said:

im 27 so i grow up with it, yes i know but its never been this bad. i though the retards at facebook had in there TOS when it comes to ads that this shit would get u banned and black listed from having ads on facebook 

You thought wrong. They only do political censorship on fb, no real cybersecurity stuff.

4 hours ago, SirTankBall said:

Sorry if English is not your first language but damn, if you're going to try pull the superior intelligence card in an argument please use real English and consider using spell check maybe. Half of what you wrote makes zero sense.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

6 hours ago, r2724r16 said:

And how are you making that assumption?

Its not an assumption. Its common knowledge unless you live under a rock with no internet. Go youtube chinese counterfeitting. They make everything fake: eggs, grapes, food and drink of all kind thats deadly, melamine milk, fake deadly medications of all sorts, even instant cancer causing gutter oil, entire bootleg fake cars, you name it.

26 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

Its not an assumption. Its common knowledge unless you live under a rock with no internet. Go youtube chinese counterfeitting. They make everything fake: eggs, grapes, food and drink of all kind thats deadly, melamine milk, fake deadly medications of all sorts, even instant cancer causing gutter oil, entire bootleg fake cars, you name it.

Someday I hope they can make a counterfeit version of myself that I can then send to work in my stead xD

7 hours ago, SirTankBall said:

no, there trying to scam u. u have to remember there trying to get ppl that dont know much about tech to click and buy this trash

I've bought lots of stuff from Aliexpress. It's pretty tightly regulated - and remember everything is quite literal with the products. In China you either follow the rules or are unemployed. 

2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

I've bought lots of stuff from Aliexpress. It's pretty tightly regulated - and remember everything is quite literal with the products. In China you either follow the rules or are unemployed. 

Nah they always need more workers in the prison labour camps.

Unfortunately, Facebook seems to not give a damn about those scamming ads. If you're a RuneScape/OSRS player like me, you'll probably be constantly bombarded by "FREE OSRS/RS MOBILE BETA" with doggy links to fake RS websites. And all of them are there for a good day or two before it's finally being taken down. 

There will always be ads like this as long as people buy those. That's honestly all there is to it.

I lEgIt hAvE nO IdEa FoR mY sIgNaTuRe

(old me was cringy I'm sorry)

Dropped over $400 on ali express on a new phone, arrived without issue works flawlessly 

ITT - OP being educated on what a scam actually is.

You are not making yourself look intelligent OP.

System Specs

CPU: Core i7 4770k @4.2ghz | Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UDH5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1333 16gb | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080TI | Storage: Samsung 840 Evo, WD Blk 1TB/Blk 500gb /Grn 2tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: Corsair H100i w/NF-F12 LTT Edition Displays: 55" Samsung TV, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G700s | Case: NZXT H440 Matte Black | Extra: NZXT Hue+ Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5, Nvidia 3d Vision 2, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

8 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

Fake things are sold in Asia as well, and just about everywhere in the world. And not everything in China is a scam, maybe you should order something for yourself so you actually learn something.

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel® Xeon® X5675 @ 4.62 GHz 1.4V Motherboard: ASUS P6X58-E WS (BCLK: 201 MHz) CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 & Noctua NA-SRC10 RAM: Crucial DDR3-1606 8-11-11-28 (2x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce® GTX 770 DirectCU II (Core Clock: 1250 MHz, Memory Clock: 3505 MHz) SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB (W10 Pro) HDD: WD Green 3.5" 1TB (7.2K RPM) PSU: Corsair AX860i & White CableMod ModFlex™ Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: Intake: 1x Dynamic X2 GP-12, Exhaust: 1x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL650-B 23.6" 1080p 144Hz 300 nit TN FreeSync & Samsung S24D390 23.6" 1080p 60Hz 250 nit PLS (OC'd to 75Hz) Keyboard: Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX Browns) Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Racing Wheel: Logitech G27 & Six-Speed Shifter Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones (Charcoal) CPU-Z

Primary Laptop:

Spoiler

Model: Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2019 (Silver, Touch Bar, 2x TB3 Ports) CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-8257U @ 1.4 GHz RAM: LPDDR3-2133 (8GB) GPU: Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 645 SSD: NVME PCIe 256GB Display: 13.3" 2560x1600 60Hz 500 nit IPS Battery: 58.2 Wh dbrand Skins: Trackpad (White Marble) & Palmrest (Hyperblack Titanium) Audio: Apple AirPods Pro

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-950 @ Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: Corsair H50 RAM: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 (3x2GB) & Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 (1x4GB) GPU: HIS Radeon HD 5770 SSD: None HDD: None PSU: HP 500W Unit Case: Corsair 100R

Secondary Laptop:

Spoiler

Model: ASUS ROG G750JW CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ @ 3.4 GHz RAM: DDR3-1600 11-11-11-28 (3x4GB) GPU: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 765M SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 2.5" 120GB (W10 Pro) HDD: Toshiba 2.5" 750GB (5.4K RPM) Display: 17.3" 1080p 60Hz 350 nit TN Monitor: Dell E2418HN 24" 1080p 60Hz 250 nit IPS Battery: 88 Wh Mouse: Logitech MK235 Audio: Beats Studio3 Wireless (Midnight Black)

6 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Fake things are sold in Asia as well, and just about everywhere in the world. And not everything in China is a scam, maybe you should order something for yourself so you actually learn something.

Been specifically avoiding buying made in China when possible and campaigning against it for well over a decade. Wrong tree to bark up.