Facebook SCAM ads....

SirTankBall

srry idk where this needs to go. if its not in the right place please move it to where it needs to be Mods.

so as i said on my post on my facebook wall.

"Something really needs to be done about those damn scam ads on Facebook there getting out of control... That's a fucking Apple iPad u can NOT run the Google play store on iOS...."

normally ublock would block this shit on chrome but its been geting pass ublock for a good few weeks now... this is also why i dont buy shit off this shity scam apps from china... someone needs to take facebook to court over this (i cant cuz whats money?)

45472853_2385974394765660_5209130267247116288_o.jpg

im 27 so i grow up with it, yes i know but its never been this bad. i though the retards at facebook had in there TOS when it comes to ads that this shit would get u banned and black listed from having ads on facebook 

then we have this shit. 

Screenshot_2018-11-06-14-51-25.png

Thats aliexpress

its not an ipad

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Mi-Pad-4-OTG-MiPad-4-Tablets-8-PC-Snapdragon-660-Octa-Core-1920x1200/32888037018.html?spm=2114

They just used a stock photo of an ipad with their UI on it

either way its not a scam, its just aliexpress, its where you buy cheap chinese stuff, not necessarily knockoffs

6 hours ago, campy said:

Thats aliexpress

its not an ipad

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Mi-Pad-4-OTG-MiPad-4-Tablets-8-PC-Snapdragon-660-Octa-Core-1920x1200/32888037018.html?spm=2114

They just used a stock photo of an ipad with their UI on it

either way its not a scam, its just aliexpress, its where you buy cheap chinese stuff, not necessarily knockoffs

no, there trying to scam u. u have to remember there trying to get ppl that dont know much about tech to click and buy this trash

also the tablet looks ALOT like a ipad so it will easly fool someone that doesnt know better. so yes its 100% a scam. stoping being a AlieSheep and use your brain to see it has it is. there from china. scaming in china is a big thing. shows what little u know

my god i just look at that page. they tried there hardest to make the marking look like apple to. 

2 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

also the tablet looks ALOT like a ipad so it will easly fool someone that doesnt know better. so yes its 100% a scam. stoping being a AlieSheep and use your brain to see it has it is. there from china. scaming in china is a big thing. shows what little u know 

On 11/4/2018 at 10:56 PM, campy said:

Experienced internet denizens can tell whos who and usually the age range theyre in based on how they type, things like spelling, grammar, general attitude and the way they communicate with others.

From several years as a moderator on a social game, you pick up really fast how old someone is based on how it is they type ingame.

tldr, aliexpress is definitely not a scam site nor is that ad a scam, im 100% willing to bet that no only is there an ipad clone on there that runs android, im willing to bet its a near identical build and probably works better anyway

there are also actual ipads on aliexpress

plain and simple a poorly constructed advertisement thats the image version of chinglish isnt worthy of a lawsuit >>

12 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

someone needs to take facebook to court over this

3 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

First of all, you're making a general assumption about a country with over 1.3 BILLION people living in it. Second of all, AliExpress has fewer scammers than eBay. So no, we are not being "AlieSheep", and AliExpress is not a Chinese scam site. Plus, it states very clearly that that is not an iPad in the ad. 

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

7 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

scaming in china is a big thing

And how are you making that assumption?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

15 minutes ago, SirTankBall said:

my god i just look at that page. they tried there hardest to make the marking look like apple to. 

Welcome to the phone and tablet industry.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, SirTankBall said:

im 27 so i grow up with it, yes i know but its never been this bad. i though the retards at facebook had in there TOS when it comes to ads that this shit would get u banned and black listed from having ads on facebook 

You thought wrong. They only do political censorship on fb, no real cybersecurity stuff.

3 hours ago, r2724r16 said:

Shielded from foreign business laws.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

4 hours ago, SirTankBall said:

Sorry if English is not your first language but damn, if you're going to try pull the superior intelligence card in an argument please use real English and consider using spell check maybe. Half of what you wrote makes zero sense.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

6 hours ago, r2724r16 said:

Its not an assumption. Its common knowledge unless you live under a rock with no internet. Go youtube chinese counterfeitting. They make everything fake: eggs, grapes, food and drink of all kind thats deadly, melamine milk, fake deadly medications of all sorts, even instant cancer causing gutter oil, entire bootleg fake cars, you name it.

26 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

Its not an assumption. Its common knowledge unless you live under a rock with no internet. Go youtube chinese counterfeitting. They make everything fake: eggs, grapes, food and drink of all kind thats deadly, melamine milk, fake deadly medications of all sorts, even instant cancer causing gutter oil, entire bootleg fake cars, you name it.

Someday I hope they can make a counterfeit version of myself that I can then send to work in my stead xD

7 hours ago, SirTankBall said:

no, there trying to scam u. u have to remember there trying to get ppl that dont know much about tech to click and buy this trash

I've bought lots of stuff from Aliexpress. It's pretty tightly regulated - and remember everything is quite literal with the products. In China you either follow the rules or are unemployed. 

2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

I've bought lots of stuff from Aliexpress. It's pretty tightly regulated - and remember everything is quite literal with the products. In China you either follow the rules or are unemployed. 

Nah they always need more workers in the prison labour camps.

Unfortunately, Facebook seems to not give a damn about those scamming ads. If you're a RuneScape/OSRS player like me, you'll probably be constantly bombarded by "FREE OSRS/RS MOBILE BETA" with doggy links to fake RS websites. And all of them are there for a good day or two before it's finally being taken down. 

1 hour ago, Amazonsucks said:

Nah they always need more workers in the prison labour camps.

*re-education 

There will always be ads like this as long as people buy those. That's honestly all there is to it.

I’m definitely exploring this crazy world

Dropped over $400 on ali express on a new phone, arrived without issue works flawlessly 

ITT - OP being educated on what a scam actually is.

You are not making yourself look intelligent OP.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

8 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

Fake things are sold in Asia as well, and just about everywhere in the world. And not everything in China is a scam, maybe you should order something for yourself so you actually learn something.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

6 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Fake things are sold in Asia as well, and just about everywhere in the world. And not everything in China is a scam, maybe you should order something for yourself so you actually learn something.

Been specifically avoiding buying made in China when possible and campaigning against it for well over a decade. Wrong tree to bark up.