can I push my new RGB fans faster than what they already do?

Catnaps45

So I recently bough an inexpensive 6 pack of fans and I want to know is there anyway I could push them to go faster. Here is the amazon link to them https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079JDKSZL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I would like to know if there is anything I can do to push them past 1000 rpm. the temps I was getting before the fans were install was close to 80 Degress C but now it doesn't really go above 65 C.

My build is

AMD FX-8300

16 GB of DDR3 RAM

RX 560 4GB Aero OC

8 minutes ago, Catnaps45 said:

but now it doesn't really go above 65 C.

then why need more fan speed?

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

I'm sure you could, but considering you said they were cheap I don't see it ending well. Also why do you want them to go faster? what is the aim/focus for doing so??

As with any type of overclock, Just find a way to up the voltage. 

Dont go too far or you might burn them out.

You will need to get a separate power supply that can output more than 12V.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

well even with using all 6 strategically and using furmarks cpu burner and setting the # of threads to 64 CPUID HWMointer says that my CPU package isn't even exceeding 70C

You can't overvolt fans with consumer grade hardware. Like Enderman said, you need external power source for that. If you want them to be 100% all the time, then connect all directly to PSU.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 11/6/2018 at 5:12 AM, Catnaps45 said:

So I recently bough an inexpensive 6 pack of fans and I want to know is there anyway I could push them to go faster. Here is the amazon link to them https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079JDKSZL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I would like to know if there is anything I can do to push them past 1000 rpm. the temps I was getting before the fans were install was close to 80 Degress C but now it doesn't really go above 65 C.

My build is

AMD FX-8300

16 GB of DDR3 RAM

RX 560 4GB Aero OC

Oh dear,,, what app are you using to measure your temps.... because FX chips don't measure temps like intel they use an algorithm. FX is a hot chip so if you're using a poor cooler it will overpower it quickly.

On 11/7/2018 at 1:30 AM, Benjeh said:

Oh dear,,, what app are you using to measure your temps.... because FX chips don't measure temps like intel they use an algorithm. FX is a hot chip so if you're using a poor cooler it will overpower it quickly.

I'm using CPUID HWMonitor

On 11/6/2018 at 2:24 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

You can't overvolt fans with consumer grade hardware. Like Enderman said, you need external power source for that. If you want them to be 100% all the time, then connect all directly to PSU.

They are connected directly to the PSU via a molex pass through

what the hottest my fx-8300 should ever get before i really need to worry about heat because i have done a stress test of my cpu and the highest it's ever hit was 79C

10 hours ago, Catnaps45 said:

They are connected directly to the PSU via a molex pass through

Molex is up to 12V.

15 minutes ago, Catnaps45 said:

what the hottest my fx-8300 should ever get before i really need to worry about heat because i have done a stress test of my cpu and the highest it's ever hit was 79C

Optimal temp is 65C, over 75C is overheating. It's different architecture from Ryzen and Intel chips, so you can't compare temps. Plus FX-series uses different way to monitor temps, meaning that you probably have lower temps than what you are actually seeing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

how much lower would you guest it is from from CPUID's HWMonitrer is telling me

According to spec list, they can go up to 1300 RPM by using the controller, so why not do that?

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

1 hour ago, Catnaps45 said:

how much lower would you guest it is from from CPUID's HWMonitrer is telling me

I haven't owned FX series AMD, so I'm not sure how it works in reality. AMD's own software, Overdrive, should show about correct temps as explained in:

Post screenshot of HWmonitor, its easier to guess when we can see all the values.

49 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

According to spec list, they can go up to 1300 RPM by using the controller, so why not do that?

If fan is connected directly to PSU, it will run at full speed. Which with molex connector is 12V (pins are GND, 5V, 7V, 12V; maybe not in that order).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 hours ago, Catnaps45 said:

I'm using CPUID HWMonitor

Use HWInfo64, There are different temps to consider, the CPU is soldered but the socket shouldn't exceed 82c, can't remember why as I've forgotten more about the FX cpu and overclocking than most know in this forum. You need a big beefy cooler or 360mm AIO. I did a custom loop in the end to keep my 8350 pinned at 5ghz, I also used a fan at the back of my cpu socket to reduce temps a further 5c. I suggest getting proper information for the FX from this forum here.
https://www.overclock.net/forum/10-amd-cpus/1318995-official-fx-8320-fx-8350-vishera-owners-club.html

The knowledge in that group will far exceed the knowledge here. When FX was out this forum was heavily Intel biased due to the ease of use and well, the intels at the time were much stronger.

11 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

here is what my current package temp is at right now.

CPU temps.PNG

2 hours ago, Catnaps45 said:

CPU temps.PNG

Yeah... you can already see that temps aren't what they seem to be. Min is what system boots to. So 35C or around that. If we say actual temps are 35-75C, your max is about 50-60C and current maybe 45C.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv