Help Scientists Cure Cancer with your PC! - Folding @ Home

jakkuh_t
Go to solution Solved by palespartan,

Thank you guys for doing this. If anyone is interested in the F@H community here. We have a thread dedicated to folders and also post when we are running events like we are now.

Here is the thread for our current Folding Month 2018 event:

Here is the community board:

And thank you to @jakkuh_t and the rest of the LMG team for bringing awareness to this!

Message added by WkdPaul

Please keep discussions civil and respectful. Aggressive, condescending and patronizing tone won't be tolerated.

8 hours ago, Nusic said:

Do the winners of the 1070s get an email? 

As far as I'm aware, they get notified here, possibly via private message.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

9 hours ago, justpoet said:

Curious as to how many entries there ended up being too. :)

On discord he said 350 ish, so maybe 1/175 ish chance of winning.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

The winners of the two GTX 1070 GPUs are:

@givingtnt and @HighFad

Congrats my dudes! I've sent them both a confirmation. If I don't get a reply in 72 hours prizes will be redrawn.

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

1 minute ago, jakkuh_t said:

@givingtnt and @HighFad

Congrats my dudes! I've sent them both a confirmation. If I don't get a reply in 72 hours prizes will be redrawn.

are you kidding ??
that's..
holy shitsnacksormofhell whAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

3 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

are you kidding ??
that's..
holy shitsnacksormofhell whAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Who says trolls never get nice things! Congrats.

Just now, King Poet said:

Who says trolls never get nice things! Congrats.

LOL

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

2 hours ago, givingtnt said:

are you kidding ??
that's..

This is so awesome I can't believe it to!! Congrats @givingtnt!! 

Congrats

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

11 hours ago, jakkuh_t said:

@givingtnt and @HighFad

Congrats to both the winners.

But what a coincidence the winners of the "INTERNATIONAL CONTEST" are both living in "CANADA".

6 hours ago, Jafa134 said:

Congrats to both the winners.

But what a coincidence the winners of the "INTERNATIONAL CONTEST" are both living in "CANADA".

hell Its a miracle we're both in Québec !

Usually we're not allowed in these contests :D 

But it depends on how many  from where  have participated

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 hour ago, givingtnt said:

hell Its a miracle we're both in Québec !

Usually we're not allowed in these contests :D 

But it depends on how many  from where  have participated

I smell a conspiracy... And It smells like Maple Syrup! /s

Congrats to everyone

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Well, I've finally done it.  I finally hit 1 million points, all with some spare Xeon server cores (in an already running server). :)

I also got the electric bill, which is about $100 more this month as a result.  :(

Definitely looking forward to spring when I intend to install solar power.

Congrats guys :) I'm sure you will put them to good use

1 hour ago, barzaka12 said:

Where I can join the monthly folding contest?

We wish... there is none. There was a "contest" for the month of November that was organized by some members here at the forum, honor and glory was the reward for participation.  LTT chipped in with three prizes at a later stage to encourage the initiative.

BUT we fold all year long and for the joy and glory of ITNOS (in the name of science) ? That, and heating in the winter  ?

You are more than welcome to join the team and our own lair in the folding subforum ?

Hi

I'm new to Folding@Home, I try to do my share as my rig is quite old (I5-2400, GTX1050). But I also like to keep up with the team's score.

On November  we were crunching BIG WU's numbers (500% more than Oct.) and came up the ranks 7 places (10 to 3).

But now, when the giveaway is over, we dropped 1 place, and if we extrapolate the current score, we are gonna have 25% less credits and 100,000 less WU's this month in comparison to November.

All these numbers are not just numbers, not just an honor game between group to show who has the bigger... - Those numbers represent how much closer we are to find solutions to save millions of lifes.

This is a GOOD cause, and I believe that almost each and every one of us knows (at least) 1 person who got 1 of these retched diseases.

I hate to think that all this effort was just for the chance of winning a new GPU.

For all of you that keeps on Folding@Home - I solute you ?

2 hours ago, itlznr said:

Hi

I'm new to Folding@Home, I try to do my share as my rig is quite old (I5-2400, GTX1050). But I also like to keep up with the team's score.

On November  we were crunching BIG WU's numbers (500% more than Oct.) and came up the ranks 7 places (10 to 3).

But now, when the giveaway is over, we dropped 1 place, and if we extrapolate the current score, we are gonna have 25% less credits and 100,000 less WU's this month in comparison to November.

All these numbers are not just numbers, not just an honor game between group to show who has the bigger... - Those numbers represent how much closer we are to find solutions to save millions of lifes.

This is a GOOD cause, and I believe that almost each and every one of us knows (at least) 1 person who got 1 of these retched diseases.

I hate to think that all this effort was just for the chance of winning a new GPU.

For all of you that keeps on Folding@Home - I solute you ?

My PCs are still running.

I still have stuff running, but it is less threads and at a lower priority that can be sustained, rather than at a full blown max it out level like I did for the month.

I'm folding with my Radeon 580 more than ever lately: Don't worry; the LTT folding team are still on the case. :)

Don't do anything that I wouldn't do. - But if you do; don't get caught!

It's a great shame all these users stopping now that November is over, ah well let's hope they do this again next year! :D

Looking at the rough daily average for LTT Folding team, it still appears that we're out producing those above us except for EVGA and CureCoin (and sometimes default 0 no team).  So, while we're not pushing forward as rapidly now that people have scaled back to more normal production, we're still moving the team forward in the rankings.  It'll just take more time.

7 hours ago, Trick TTR said:

It's a great shame all these users stopping now that November is over, ah well let's hope they do this again next year! :D

Folding Month and the giveaway were two different things. Folding month is a new tradition. You can't look at it as everyone was folding at stopped, it should be seen as for one month everyone pushed their hardware and electric bills as hard as possible. The giveaway was just to get some new eyes on it and it was extremely successful. Even w/ the drop, we are still higher than what we were.  (This was not all directed at you, btw. Just that what you said had something to do with it)

So I've been pausing the folding on my work computer for quite some time, because I couldn't afford any accidental shutdown right now, and when I got back to it today, here's what the webpage had to say.

icanhandlethat.png.d0f728bf148b672b3d7f7ccd91388389.png

So. I'm not sure I can finish in time but, hey, I'm going to try ! è_é