4K Pen Pressure Wacom Tablet is more expensive than 8k pen pressure Huion Tablet?

DrThots

I was planning on buying a non display tablet to draw for my first time, I was recommended to buy the Wacom Intuos Small w/bluetooth or Medium ,which has 4k pen pressure, If i had enough money, but then I found some other tablet companies ie XP-Pen / Huion offer 8k pen pressure and much cheaper. 

Why is this? And If the reason is not good enough for me to spend some on a wacom, then what would be some good alternatives. My suitable range is around £50.

3 hours ago, DrThots said:

-ship-

A good chunk of the reason is just paying for the wacom brand name to be honest. However wacom drivers are usually mostly solid and will work fine.

That being said, I've heard great things about Huion stuff so you should be fine there. My cousin has the Huion without any issues.

I'm saving up for a Cintiq Pro 16 myself though.

49 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

A good chunk of the reason is just paying for the wacom brand name to be honest. However wacom drivers are usually mostly solid and will work fine.

That being said, I've heard great things about Huion stuff so you should be fine there. My cousin has the Huion without any issues.

I'm saving up for a Cintiq Pro 16 myself though.

oooof thats expensive! What would you buy? I only have like £50-60

2 minutes ago, DrThots said:

oooof thats expensive! What would you buy? I only have like £50-60

Huion Inspiroy H640P looking at amazon.co.uk

My cousin has the previous version of it, but no complaints so far.

Be mindful of the drawing area size, some people prefer smaller areas, some prefer larger. I bought a intous medium that I couldn't really get used to and that is a fairly large drawing area.

1 minute ago, scottyseng said:

Be mindful of the drawing area size, some people prefer smaller areas, some prefer larger. I bought a intous medium that I couldn't really get used to and that is a fairly large drawing area.

Funny enough I literally just clicked the h640p before you just sent this, so you would say to buy this over than the intuos?

41 minutes ago, DrThots said:

Funny enough I literally just clicked the h640p before you just sent this, so you would say to buy this over than the intuos?

Well, you can't even find an intous at this price point. haha.

I would say yes.

Just now, scottyseng said:

Well, you can't even find an intous at this price point. haha.

I would say yes.

But lets say the CTL 4100 from Wacom intuos costed the same as the h640p, which one would you buy?

Just now, DrThots said:

But lets say the CTL 4100 from Wacom intuos costed the same as the h640p, which one would you buy?

That's quite difficult. I would still probably aim for Huion, has buttons / more pressure levels.

I also have a lot of wacom spare nibs so I'll be sticking to getting wacom in the future. haha.

That's quite difficult. I would still probably aim for Huion, has buttons / more pressure levels.

I also have a lot of wacom spare nibs so I'll be sticking to getting wacom in the future. haha.

I heard that different brands have different pressure levels. Is that true? I heard wacom has better pressure levels than huion

2 minutes ago, DrThots said:

I heard that different brands have different pressure levels. Is that true? I heard wacom has better pressure levels than huion

True, but with 8k of pressure levels, you have nothing to really complain about.

I mean I remember with our original bamboo pen we only had 1024. Now the intous medium has 2048.

I haven't heard any complaints from my cousin, but to be honest at some point the pressure levels just starts to become marketing material. lol

True, but with 8k of pressure levels, you have nothing to really complain about.

I mean I remember with our original bamboo pen we only had 1024. Now the intous medium has 2048.

I haven't heard any complaints from my cousin, but to be honest at some point the pressure levels just starts to become marketing material. lol

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I dont know... Im getting so many opinions. Some say Wacom because of the quality and drivers, some say huion. 

Just now, DrThots said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I dont know... Im getting so many opinions. Some say Wacom because of the quality and drivers, some say huion. 

I kind of roll wacom because of drivers, but that's kind of changed now since Huion drivers are quite solid. That being said, I've seen both Huion and Wacom drivers break. Sometimes even Windows Update breaks them.

Only think I worry about is the Huion seems kind of thick for the a drawing tablet. Just another thing to consider.

I kind of roll wacom because of drivers, but that's kind of changed now since Huion drivers are quite solid. That being said, I've seen both Huion and Wacom drivers break. Sometimes even Windows Update breaks them.

Only think I worry about is the Huion seems kind of thick for the a drawing tablet. Just another thing to consider.

Well these are the tablets im looking at https://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Graphic-Drawing-Digital-Pressure/dp/B07312ZQC4/ref=sr_1_25?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1541191073&sr=1-25&keywords=huion

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HUION-H640P-Sensitivity-Battery-Free-Customizable/dp/B075V3X6GF/ref=sr_1_21?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1541191073&sr=1-21&keywords=huion

https://www.amazon.co.uk/INSPIROY-Battery-free-function-Sensitivity-Customized/dp/B07DLZ8GSJ/ref=sr_1_29?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1541191073&sr=1-29&keywords=huion

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B079QKRWPF/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Hmm, I would still go for the Huion 640P, unless you think you can get used to a bigger drawing surface.

Quite the hard choice though.

Hmm, I would still go for the Huion 640P, unless you think you can get used to a bigger drawing surface.

Quite the hard choice though.

if i do get used to bigger drawing surface then what would it be

6 minutes ago, DrThots said:

if i do get used to bigger drawing surface then what would it be

the bigger huion. But I would really think about it well first. It's quite the difference between my bamboo pen and my intous medium

4 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

the bigger huion. But I would really think about it well first. It's quite the difference between my bamboo pen and my intous medium

the intuos medium has 4k pressure btw...

Just now, DrThots said:

the intuos medium has 4k pressure btw...

Yeah, you can kind of tell how little I care about the spec sheet. lol

I still can't get used to drawing tablets as a traditional artist so getting a cintiq instead.

• 4 months later...

XP-Pen Graphics tablets are great quality and a lot cheaper than wacom. support 8192 Pen Pressure Sensitivity .

Price depends a lot on what you want to do. If you want to be a 2d animator, or if your main goal is to draw 2d objects; an expensive drawing tablet is what you are going to need; especially one that has a screen that you can look directly into. Most likely a XP-Pen Artist 15.6 Pro Graphics Tablet With Screen .

If you are looking into modeling, or making 3d objects, just get a XP-Pen Deco 02 non-screen Drawing tablet  .

So, it depends on what you are planning to use the drawing tablet for.

• 1 year later...
On 11/2/2018 at 10:39 PM, scottyseng said:

i have somewhat of the same problem but theyre both around the same price in south africa and well its also a higher price than in the uk and us  so its a hrder decision but out of the two which one will last longer