T̶h̶a̶n̶o̶s̶ Pizza Truck Pizza Truck - Pizza Hut's prototype truck robotically makes your pizza

rcmaehl
9 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

Tokio?

Some really good pizza comes from Tokyo though.

Seriously this automation stuff is getting stupider and stupider. 

We dont have supersonic passenger planes, a manned space program in the USA, and consumer level tech quality is in the shitter. 

But we have this bs...

i can't stop behind afraid you put raw fish in them ?

48 minutes ago, asus killer said:

i can't stop behind afraid you put raw fish in them ?

Sushi pizza is popular in some places. If i was going to put anything sushi related  on pizza id put unagi(BBQ eel) on it. Maybe a seared ahi tuna pizza would be good too.

17 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

Sushi pizza is popular in some places. If i was going to put anything sushi related  on pizza id put unagi(BBQ eel) on it. Maybe a seared ahi tuna pizza would be good too.

in my country we put a lot of tuna on pizza (not raw) and i like it. 

feels like the flavours will be lacking

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

8 hours ago, huilun02 said:

So instead of sending just a rider they now send a whole truck? Uhhh sure

So now you have to step out in the rain to pick up your order. And the price is the same. 

Well, I suppose that not tipping is much less awkward. 

On 11/2/2018 at 10:21 AM, asus killer said:

What do you call something that is made in america for americans? 

I rephrase... American made for american use stupid pickup truck build by americans in an american factory by an american company that is a subsidiarie of a Japanese multinational

Better?

I don't really understand your problem with pickup Trucks? America is a rather big country and a certain percentage of the country needs to move large objects that are too big for a car or van, but not big enough to warrant a box truck or larger vehicle.

Toyota pickups are among the best in my experience. At least for light-medium duty work. Anything bigger and a Chevy or Dodge pickup become a smarter pick.

Ford? Never, because you don't want to break down every ten minutes.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

13 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Up next: Pizza hut has an advanced drones that breaks into your house and shoves the pizza down your mouth and helps you chew.

Sounds more like Domino's. Since you'd need the extra assistance to chew their poorly cooked food.

(their ovens are entirely too fast)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

57 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Up next: Pizza hut has an advanced drones that breaks into your house and shoves the pizza down your mouth and helps you chew.

Where can I find this drone?

FEED ME!

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

Sounds more like an Amazon style idea tbh. They ruined grocery shopping and Whole Foods. Only a matter of time before they drone deliver fast food or have an Alexa that gives you an IV nutrient drip with chemical lobotomy drugs mixed in.

Yeah, haven't eaten pizza hut in years. Don't regret it either. 

If i want pizza, the lowest I'll go is domino's. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

8 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

I don't really understand your problem with pickup Trucks? America is a rather big country and a certain percentage of the country needs to move large objects that are too big for a car or van, but not big enough to warrant a box truck or larger vehicle.

Toyota pickups are among the best in my experience. At least for light-medium duty work. Anything bigger and a Chevy or Dodge pickup become a smarter pick.

Ford? Never, because you don't want to break down every ten minutes.

"America is big"

I can go 5113kms from where i live to some random point in Finland, straight line, no borders.

"needs to move large objects that are too big for a car or van, but not big enough to warrant a box truck or larger vehicle."

i wonder how the rest of the world solves this problem without gigantic pickup trucks

they aren't practical, they are too big to maneuver, stupid tires, fuel eficiency is about the worst you can get. For any use you can pick a better type of vehicle than a pickup truck, except of course "murica live style"

On 11/2/2018 at 3:05 PM, BuckGup said:

So basically this proves they could replace all their employees 

Everything can be replaced if it works better. All low payment jobs will be shrinking in the following years

14 hours ago, asus killer said:

"America is big"

I can go 5113kms from where i live to some random point in Finland, straight line, no borders.

"needs to move large objects that are too big for a car or van, but not big enough to warrant a box truck or larger vehicle."

i wonder how the rest of the world solves this problem without gigantic pickup trucks

they aren't practical, they are too big to maneuver, stupid tires, fuel eficiency is about the worst you can get. For any use you can pick a better type of vehicle than a pickup truck, except of course "murica live style"

You obviously haven’t worked in the oil field! Pickups are typically modified to accommodate the following: 

- Welding equipment

- A deck for snowmobiles or quads with a sliding box for tools

- A fuel tank 

- a medic box

But yeah, there are so many dumb Americans who buy trucks only to use them to drive to work and buy groceries. Because you’re probably gay or poor if you have a small car. Not my words.

8 hours ago, kokakolia said:

You obviously haven’t worked in the oil field! Pickups are typically modified to accommodate the following: 

- Welding equipment

- A deck for snowmobiles or quads with a sliding box for tools

- A fuel tank 

- a medic box

But yeah, there are so many dumb Americans who buy trucks only to use them to drive to work and buy groceries. Because you’re probably gay or poor if you have a small car. Not my words.

don't get me wrong in Europe some nuts also use gigantic off roaders to go to the coffee shop around the corner, thankfully they are a lot less then in the US. And they are still not as ridiculous as US pick trucks. There's some guy who i guess imported a chevrolet pick up truck from the US and drives it where i live, that's the most ridiculous thing you see on the roads where, the size, the tires, i imagine the fuel consumption.

And i guess in exceptional uses it could be a thing but like i said most of the world gets by without them.

On 11/3/2018 at 3:06 PM, leadeater said:

Those high end brands have always been super expensive and out of reach of most, that hasn't changed. In fact they are all the same companies now as back in the 70s-80s, mostly. There's just way, way, more in the industry now all doing the low end stuff because it's easy and that is where the money is if you're not in it for passion or technology interest.

Before the Aeon i's we had Janszen Z-40s:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMdez5soSvzPLW0ZcQACBs-l300.jpg

Cheap 80s speakers were garbage, very very garbage. Cheap Chinese manufactured speakers of late 2000s to now are vastly better.

Really there is just more rubbish to wade through now, cost and availability of good stuff hasn't significantly changed. Some of the brands have shifted the manufacturing of their lowest product lines to China/Asian areas sure but the products are still in house designed and the speaker parts are still from Tymphany or equivalent.

It's very similar in the pro audio world too, the only difference being that the cheaper brands like Behringer and Alto are slowly becoming better quality and moving up the chain (because they are buying better quality control and raw materials) which makes way for new cheaper brands like swamp, fenton and ashtek, it'll be interesting to see if they are still around in 5 years.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I love how pizza places are trying to fix problems that really don't exist. The only major problem with pizza places that needs fixing is the price. Thats what they should be focussing on instead of finding new cool ways of doing stuff

Walk in deals are okay but as soon as delivery is mentioned the prices goes through the roof.

Example: I live near a big pizza chain. Walk in and Collection for a large pizza costs £7.99 at most (6.99 for Students). Purchasing same thing for delivery is at least £15.99 unless you have a deal bringing it down to £10.99.

They should be focussed on minimizing delivery costs instead of this.

On 11/2/2018 at 2:30 PM, Drak3 said:

No, because the Tundra isn't made exclusively for the US.

Also it's made by a Japanese company.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

On 11/4/2018 at 9:55 AM, Coaxialgamer said:

Yeah, haven't eaten pizza hut in years. Don't regret it either. 

If i want pizza, the lowest I'll go is domino's. 

Papa John's is okay and so is Tops :P.

I'd say dominos are worse than both of those lol.

Although I have noticed Dominos (at least where I live) has a hard-on for hiring women cos I've seen wayy more women than men work there.

And other pizza places primarily have male employees.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

33 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Papa John's is okay and so is Tops :P.

I'd say dominos are worse than both of those lol.

Although I have noticed Dominos (at least where I live) has a hard-on for hiring women cos I've seen wayy more women than men work there.

And other pizza places primarily have male employees.

We don't have  either of those in france though so i can't try them out unfortunately 

Though i have heard good things about papa john's

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

On 11/2/2018 at 10:45 AM, Blackie Sheen said:

Honestly, could be said about any large pizza chain. The only pizza chain thats worth it for is Domino's and thats only because you can order a specially made pizza with only the stuff you want on it using their "Pizza configurator"

I would say because they have $7.99 carry out larges. That's about as good a deal you can get on a pizza from the typical delivery places.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

On 11/4/2018 at 3:53 AM, Trik'Stari said:

There's nothing inherently wrong with them, but I get the impression that a lot of people buy a pickup just for the sake of buying a pickup. They are large and they pollute a lot, so using them for anything other than moving heavy loads is a bad idea. It's a bit like those huge off road cars - they have a niche use case but some people take them to the mall.

Other than that, they just look a bit funny to Europeans who are used to much smaller vehicles. Imagine if people showed up at a mall with a 10 wheeler - that's kind of how it feels to us.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Coaxialgamer said:

We don't have  either of those in france though so i can't try them out unfortunately 

Though i have heard good things about papa john's

LMAO, you’re not missing out on much. You live in France. Food is 10 times better there. Your produce actually has flavour. 

yeah, ill just stick to my friendly neighbourhood pizzeria.

It only costs me 4.50€ (for the only pizza that counts: margherita), tastes good, fresh ingredients (not sure if benefit of italy, italy's countryside or romagna supremacy), and does not attempt to kill me

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>