my pc is much slower than 2 days ago

BaconInANutshell
Go to solution Solved by NelizMastr,
2 minutes ago, BaconInANutshell said:

i am trying to run Crystaldiskinfo right now but it is taking really long

That's a dead giveaway (pardon the pun) that one of your drives is ready to be taken out and thrown in the trash. Time to replace it and restore the back-up of your data there. 

In the last 2 days my pc got much slower and i don't know why, and i don't know how to fix it.

Windows 10 boots up much slower now, fomr 15 sec to 6-8 minutes, opening games takes much longer.

I really don't know what to do

EDIT: the error is in dutch though'G:\VIDEOS isn't reacheble. The parameter isn't correct'

Schermopname (75).png

EDIT 2: i lost all my photos and videos of the last 10 years on that disk,it was my photo storage disk

Your disk is probably dead. What kind of disk do you have? Have you installed any new software?

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

3 minutes ago, Thunderzzu said:

Your disk is probably dead. What kind of disk do you have? Have you installed any new software?

My widnows runs on an SSD. i installed itch.io yesterday. and btw i think you are right i can't reach some of my photos

Check for newly installed software by windows if you are running Windows 10. If you are running Windows 10 reboot 2-3 times and if that helps windows pushed something to your PC in the background. 

Also a simple check of task manager should show you what is running and taking up resources. (CTRL+SHIFT+ESCAPE)

Edit: so uninstall itch.io from yesterday and see if that fixes it.

Thanks!

Chris R.

4 minutes ago, Thunderzzu said:

If it was dead, then it wouldn't boot at all.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Chris_R. said:

Check for newly installed software by windows if you are running Windows 10. If you are running Windows 10 reboot 2-3 times and if that helps windows pushed something to your PC in the background. 

Also a simple check of task manager should show you what is running and taking up resources. (CTRL+SHIFT+ESCAPE)

nothing weird in task manager. 

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

i have 1 ssd and 2 hdd

6 minutes ago, BaconInANutshell said:

i have 1 ssd and 2 hdd

Download CrystalDiskInfo Kurei Edition.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Run Crystaldiskinfo and upload the screenshot here for your G drive. I'm guessing it's kicked the bucket. A broken hard drive can bring a system to its knees, response time wise.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

Run Crystaldiskinfo and upload the screenshot here for your G drive. I'm guessing it's kicked the bucket. A broken hard drive can bring a system to its knees, response time wise.

2 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Download CrystalDiskInfo Kurei Edition.

Just now, BaconInANutshell said:

Disconnect both your HDDs and test if system still slow. Connect one drive after that. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 minutes ago, BaconInANutshell said:

That's a dead giveaway (pardon the pun) that one of your drives is ready to be taken out and thrown in the trash. Time to replace it and restore the back-up of your data there. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

what? have you ever seen a dying disk before? The OS boots but very slowly and it looks like it's in slow-motion ;)

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

25 minutes ago, Thunderzzu said:

what? have you ever seen a dying disk before? The OS boots but very slowly and it looks like it's in slow-motion ;)

Dying, but not dead.

If a drive is on its way out, then it'll be acting slow like that. If it's completely dead, then you won't get anything from it at all. That was my point.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

do some NTFS checks with chkdsk /f