Dual Boot issue

Reddy Mouniswar

Hi Guys, I have a installed macOs Sierra and Windows 10 in a Single HDD. Everything went well. But When I Boot into macOs later if i want to boot into Windows 10, it is taking about 10Min to boot into windows. Can anyone please let me know what the problem is and tell me how to fix this issue?

What are the specs of your machine?

How long does it take to boot into macOS?

Have you tried booting straight into Windows w/o booting to macOS first?

2 minutes ago, NinJake said:

What are the specs of your machine?

How long does it take to boot into macOS?

Have you tried booting straight into Windows w/o booting to macOS first?

Specs Are: Intel i3 4130-8GB DDR3-1TB HDD(7200RPM)-Gt610 Graphics

I'm able to boot into macOs Within 25-30 Seconds. i also tried first booting windows at this time it was booting firstly within 15-20 Seconds, but i'm facing this issue when I boot macOs First later booting into windows

1 minute ago, Reddy Mouniswar said:

I'm able to boot into macOs Within 25-30 Seconds. i also tried first booting windows at this time it was booting firstly within 15-20 Seconds, but i'm facing this issue when I boot macOs First later booting into windows 

I'm not familiar at all with bootcamp. But as it takes roughly the same amount of time to boot first to either operating systems.. it's probably doing a lot of file swapping. As @duncannahsaid, it might not hurt to get a SSD. But your processor is also.... not the fastest around to put it simply.

Just now, NinJake said:

I'm not familiar at all with bootcamp. But as it takes roughly the same amount of time to boot first to either operating systems.. it's probably doing a lot of file swapping. As @duncannahsaid, it might not hurt to get a SSD. But your processor is also.... not the fastest around to put it simply.

OK Friend Thats Fine even if i able to boot into windows 1 to 2Min it will be fine, but taking 10Mins is so long, right?

Once again I'm not familiar with bootcamp so I can't say what an average time to switch OSes is. It's probably faster for you to just restart the computer and boot to whatever OS you want if it only takes ~30 seconds.

ok Friend Do U know How to determine/Understand Read/Write Speeds of a hard disk?

the long boot for windows 10 is most likely because of the whole fastboot thing with windows, because fastboot(enabled by default) basically half hibernates your computer whenever you shutdown, and disabling this feature to properly shut your computer down will dramatically increase boot times because windows wont be secretly hibernated. 

Sadness is the one true emotion, and happiness, well, that's just a lie, sadness is all many of us feel, and is all we need to feel, because having it any other way, would just be wrong, why be happy when you can just be miserable like myself.