E6 problem (Dr Cmos)?

Go to solution Solved by btng,

Managed to fix the problem with the help of this guide if anyone else stubles across the same type of problem: https://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=447

I just finished building a new build and it does not post. I see the error code E6 which I can't find any info about in the manual. I have tried moving around and rotating RAM-sticks without any luck.

My build:

MB: Asrock x399 Taichi

CPU: Ryzen Threadripper 2950x

GPU: Gigabyte 2080ti Gaming OC

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x16GB CL14 3000mhz (they are compatible according to Asrock.com)

CPU Cooler: Noctua NS-U14s

Case Fans: Noctua

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C

SSD: 1x Samsung Evo 1TB M.2 NVME + 1x Samsung Evo 250GB M.2 NVME

PSU: Corsair HX850i Platinum

I have googled the problem and have seen that some suggest it is not #6 but Eb which is not the case for me. It is clearly E6.

When removing all RAM sticks I get the C0 error code instead. When removing the GPU I still have the E6 error code.

Any suggestions of what do you? I realllllllllly would appreciate some help.

Probably code Eb. Try updating your bios as your cpu might be too new and not supported in your current bios

4 minutes ago, karsnoordhuis said:

Probably code Eb. Try updating your bios as your cpu might be too new and not supported in your current bios

How can I update the BIOS without it posting?

Hi btng

I am having the exact same problem as you had. More or less the same spec too except I only have 32Gb RAM.

How did you actually fix your problem? I know you say you followed the steps outlined in the link but what BIOS version did you use?

Appreciate any input :)

• 4 months later...

I had this problem when I tried to update to 2.3 with a 2920x. That is the bridge version, so it seemed logical, but on reboot gave the E6 error. I tried to clear cmos, and tried to flashback with 1.5. None of that worked. Finally flashed 2.3, then 3.5 back-to-back. That solved it for me.