What is a good case and suitable power supply?

Sadio Nani

Hi, I will be building a pc with the new i7 97000k and will be using the asrock taichi ultimate. I need a good case and great airflow and pls recommend a great amount of watts for this build thanks.

i7 9700k

ASrock Taichi Ultimate Z390

Corsair H115i Pro RGB
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 

2TB WD HDD RED

that's more personal prefference and on your needs. are you looking for something specific?

2 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

that's more personal prefference and on your needs. are you looking for something specific?

whatdo u mean specific? cus there are a lot of great cases. I just want a good case with great airflow and can support my 280mm rad.

Just now, Sadio Nani said:

whatdo u mean specific?

do you want more harddrives then listed in the future? What do you want aestaticwise? do you care about if it's silent or not? budget? do you want any optical drive? color? sidewindow? those kind of things

6 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

do you want more harddrives then listed in the future? What do you want aestaticwise? do you care about if it's silent or not? budget? do you want any optical drive? color? sidewindow? those kind of things

ok i want a tg side panel, no budget, maybe have 2-3 hdd slots for future upgrade. no optical drive, i also want the colour to be preferably white and yeaa

6 minutes ago, Sadio Nani said:

ok i want a tg side panel, no budget, maybe have 2-3 hdd slots for future upgrade. no optical drive, i also want the colour to be preferably white and yeaa

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M SE (I'd say Mreshify C but the RAD and FTW3 GPU will interfere)

Lian Li PC-O11DW

Coolermaster H500P Mesh

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

25 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M SE (I'd say Mreshify C but the RAD and FTW3 GPU will interfere)

Lian Li PC-O11DW

Coolermaster H500P Mesh

But the cooler master h500p mesh has only 2 fans on the front which is what i dislike

28 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Lian Li PC-O11DW

Coolermaster H500P Mesh

What is the difference lian li 011-dw and 011-d

23 minutes ago, Sadio Nani said:

But the cooler master h500p mesh has only 2 fans on the front which is what i dislike

1. They have 3 fans. 2 at the front and one in the rear
  2. The case front fans are huge 200mm fans, not 120mm fans you find in most cases. The airflow is hard to beat. withut using very fast RPM fans.

Unless you dislike the 200mm size, then thats okay. It's not for everybody, but I personally love it. They allow you to move more air at a slower RPM meaning they tend to be more quiet than having multiple small fans spinning at a higher RPM (not always, but in most cases)

1082472945_Sequence01_1.gif.bedf10946a0c21d0e98bec229affc9af.gif

23 minutes ago, Sadio Nani said:

What is the difference lian li 011-dw and 011-d

Dw is in white. Dx is the black version. Officially there is no such thing as the "PC-O11D" but it's okay to refer to it as that since the last letter in the product number only defines the color and has no other impact on the differences in the case. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I'd get Lian Li PC-O11DW and 650w with  tier 3 above . I personally would get RMx/WhisperM depending on the price on your location compare to thier competition. 

7 hours ago, Sadio Nani said:

Hi, I will be building a pc with the new i7 97000k and will be using the asrock taichi ultimate. I need a good case and great airflow and pls recommend a great amount of watts for this build thanks.

i7 9700k

ASrock Taichi Ultimate Z390

Corsair H115i Pro RGB
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 

2TB WD HDD RED

Why?! Why would you want such totally overpriced shit?? That you can't even upgrade in the future...
Case is mostly taste so get a Case wich allows full lenth cards that has the screws for the card inside.

PSU: a good quality 550W is enough.

Though with that CPU you might want to look for a PSU with two CPU COnnectors and 

7 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

I would suggest 750 watts, tier 3 or higher

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

Why for what reason?!

His system will be far from 750W, that's only for HEDT and SLI/CF with high end cards.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

27 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Why?! Why would you want such totally overpriced shit?? That you can't even upgrade in the future...
Case is mostly taste so get a Case wich allows full lenth cards that has the screws for the card inside.

PSU: a good quality 550W is enough.

Though with that CPU you might want to look for a PSU with two CPU COnnectors and 

Why for what reason?!

His system will be far from 750W, that's only for HEDT and SLI/CF with high end cards.

I know, but with these kind of specs, I don't think it's weird to keep the option free. or it goes with him on his next system.

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:
  1. They have 3 fans. 2 at the front and one in the rear
  2. The case front fans are huge 200mm fans, not 120mm fans you find in most cases. The airflow is hard to beat. withut using very fast RPM fans.

Unless you dislike the 200mm size, then thats okay. It's not for everybody, but I personally love it. They allow you to move more air at a slower RPM meaning they tend to be more quiet than having multiple small fans spinning at a higher RPM (not always, but in most cases)

1082472945_Sequence01_1.gif.bedf10946a0c21d0e98bec229affc9af.gif

Dw is in white. Dx is the black version. Officially there is no such thing as the "PC-O11D" but it's okay to refer to it as that since the last letter in the product number only defines the color and has no other impact on the differences in the case. 

Ok but am i able to rear my 115i pro rad on the top with exhaust configuration??

1 hour ago, Sadio Nani said:

Ok but am i able to rear my 115i pro rad on the top with exhaust configuration??

Yes

http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/mastercase-h500p-mesh-white/

image.png.c2e68dd103a2bcba40a92c0822e76299.png

Just now, Sadio Nani said:

are the fans rgb??

The Two Front fans are RGB, controllable by either a built in case controller or via motherboard software like Asus Aura. The rear one is a white painted fan.

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The Two Front fans are RGB, controllable by either a built in case controller or via motherboard software like Asus Aura. The rear one is a white painted fan.

ok then which of the the few should i get??

6 minutes ago, Sadio Nani said:

ok now i have a few options. Cooler master h500p nzxt h500i and the fractical design r6 tg. I am not sure which i should get.

3 minutes ago, Sadio Nani said:

ok then which of the the few should i get??

• The H500P Mesh has the best airflow
  • The Define R6 has the best Hardware support
  • The H500i has built in CAM software which has smart fan speeds and RGB

Personally I'd go for the H500P Mesh or Define R6

Case breakdown:

Coolermaster H500P Mesh

Pros:

• Airflow is best in this case
  • Good watercooling support
  • Good RGB implementations
  • Improved Build quality and Airflow over the original H500P (Do not get the original H500P)

Cons:

• Most expensive

Fractal Design Define R6

Pros:

• Hardware support is best
  • Flexible Interior; If you dont need 11 HDD bays, you can modify it to show off your hardware or get better watercooling support.
  • Balance of airflow and silence
  • Multiple style options, including options with USB-C front I/O, colors and TG side panels

Cons

• No RGB (for those who care about RGB)

NZXT H500i

Pros:

• Simplistic design which most people find aesthetically pleasing
  • Multiple Color options
  • Built in CAM software; Fans will adjust themselves according to case temps, and Addressible RGB

Cons

• Airflow is "decent" but not exceptional. Users putting 1080ti's and overclocked i7/R7's might find the case to be too hot
  • Watercooling support is limited
  • RGB is proprietary. Only NZXT products can be used with it. (The NZXT H500 does not come with the RGB or fan hub, to save cost

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:
  • The H500P Mesh has the best airflow
  • The Define R6 has the best Hardware support
  • The H500i has built in CAM software which has smart fan speeds and RGB

Personally I'd go for the H500P Mesh or Define R6

Case breakdown:

Coolermaster H500P Mesh

Pros:

• Airflow is best in this case
  • Good watercooling support
  • Good RGB implementations
  • Improved Build quality and Airflow over the original H500P (Do not get the original H500P)

Cons:

• Most expensive

Fractal Design Define R6

Pros:

• Hardware support is best
  • Flexible Interior; If you dont need 11 HDD bays, you can modify it to show off your hardware or get better watercooling support.
  • Balance of airflow and silence
  • Multiple style options, including options with USB-C front I/O, colors and TG side panels

Cons

• No RGB (for those who care about RGB)

NZXT H500i

Pros:

• Simplistic design which most people find aesthetically pleasing
  • Multiple Color options
  • Built in CAM software; Fans will adjust themselves according to case temps, and Addressible RGB

Cons

• Airflow is "decent" but not exceptional. Users putting 1080ti's and overclocked i7/R7's might find the case to be too hot
  • Watercooling support is limited
  • RGB is proprietary. Only NZXT products can be used with it. (The NZXT H500 does not come with the RGB or fan hub, to save cost

ok i would go with the h500p thanks.