Problem with GTX 1080 Ti Amp Extreme

Now, I am revisiting a problem I have had for ages.

Ever since I first got my Zotac Card, I have always had issues where games would crash or freeze. PUBG being the worst.

I first fixed this by enabling debug mode, but then I just decreased the core clock by 25Mhz. This made all my games run perfectly and never return a crash report.

Whenever I play a game, I always get amazing performance and that is the reason why I never complained and opened a case with Zotac.

The frequency would always go above 2000Mhz, around 2012Mhz to be exact, but after decreasing core clocks it hovers around high 1900's.

My temps are always around 60C so nothing wrong temperature wise however I have always been curious to why leaving it at stock or even overclocking it slightly caused it to crash.

I did a fair amount of research and found that a fair amount of people have had this before, but I was stick getting amazing results, which I am still satisfied with.

You can see my system specifications on my account, if you believe it may be a problem with other hardware.

I would really appreciate it if someone were to give me a quick answer to why I have this problem.

Sounds to me like you got a poor quality gpu. One that was factory overclocked but wasn't actually stable at those clocks. If it was me I would RMA it for one that is able to run at the advertised clocks.

9 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Sounds to me like you got a poor quality gpu. One that was factory overclocked but wasn't actually stable at those clocks. If it was me I would RMA it for one that is able to run at the advertised clocks.

That is what I thought after ruling out any other possible issues.

I may RMA but I don't really see the point, I am happy with the performance I am getting, It does annoy me slightly though.

9 minutes ago, Jack Rollins said:

That is what I thought after ruling out any other possible issues.

I may RMA but I don't really see the point, I am happy with the performance I am getting, It does annoy me slightly though.

You don't see the point now, but after your warranty is up and it dies you will wish you did. No point in keeping a card that isn't up to the standard you purchased... best to get a new one and move on with life.

1 minute ago, AngryBeaver said:

You don't see the point now, but after your warranty is up and it dies you will wish you did. No point in keeping a card that isn't up to the standard you purchased... best to get a new one and move on with life.

Ok, you're right. I will go over it soon and try to see if I can open up a refund case.

Thank you.