Windows 10 audio ui

Niccolo

Hi,

As usual I was just listening some music and then I saw this nightmare. 

I don't know if it's just me but i really can't handle this. 

It's quite funny though how nobody at microsoft tested this. It's probably due to dpi scaling and stuff because i'm using a Dell XPS 9370 with 4k display. 

2018-10-29 15_56_08-Boek en uitleg.jpg

that's weird i don't have that same gui for my volume control. are u in tablet mode? just curious. but i do know a little program that can enable the old windows 7 style volume control if you're interested. google winaerotweaker 1 word. nice little tweak program that has that option in there for u plus other if u want. no clue how to actually fix your issue since i can't mimic it unfortunately.

Thank you very much, i don't know how this happened and I also can't reproduce it on my desktop. But even after a clean instal on my laptop i'm still facing the same issue.  I think I'm dealing with some "haunted hardware" as Linus would say.

6 hours ago, Niccolo said:

Thank you very much, i don't know how this happened and I also can't reproduce it on my desktop. But even after a clean instal on my laptop i'm still facing the same issue.  I think I'm dealing with some "haunted hardware" as Linus would say.

The bug, (same with the screen brightness icon not showing on the brightness level on laptop/tablet/convertibles running Windows 8.1/10), has been there since 8.1.

I don't think it is in Microsoft high priority of bug to fix. But you are invited to post it on the Feedback Hub. If people complain, then it will be fixed.

From what I can see, it has to do with a rounding issue on a half pixel issue based on the DPI scaling set, The knob might be displaced by 1 px like you have, or just be 1px too wide.