Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lurick

Latest Status Update Not Showing In Profile

This issue is now resolved, though content posted in the past 11 hours may not be backfilled.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Just noticed this but there are status updates that show up on the main page just fine but when I click on a user's profile to see the rest of the update it doesn't appear in their profile.

Example:

image.png.47f183bad780505de76da956aa5aa19b.png

image.png.7526fdfe349efd214a7d0d96fd50b06d.png

Current Build Log:

Prior Build Log:

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Just noticed this but there are status updates that show up on the main page just fine but when I click on a user's profile to see the rest of the update it doesn't appear in their profile.

Example:

That's because of how the website is built

If you click on someone's username on top of the text, it brings you to their profile.
If you click on the timestamp under the text, it brings you to that status update.

~New~  ThinkPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004 

Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, givingtnt said:

That's because of how the website is built

If you click on someone's username on top of the text, it brings you to their profile.
If you click on the timestamp under the text, it brings you to that status update.

Yah but the status update should show on their profile. That's what I've always done in the past, just click the username and scroll through the profile to the update :P

Current Build Log:

Prior Build Log:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Yah but the status update should show on their profile. That's what I've always done in the past, just click the username and scroll through the profile to the update :P

Oh dang yeah.
that's weird xD 

Maybe the forum is having trouble keeping up ?

4 minutes ago, TechyBen said:

I'm not getting any proper forum updates... everything is stuck to 5 hours ago, even though there are new posts, nothing shows newer in the "activity" thread. :(

edit : nvm, lets bring this to your thread

~New~  ThinkPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004 

I feel honored that @Lurick used me as an example :) 

PSU Tier List Thread

"White Ice"

Ryzen 1800x @ 4.0ghz | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti Black | Flare X 14-14-14-34 3200mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair ML140 Pro White LED case fans | 3x Corsair ML120 Pro White LED Case Fans 

Yeah, sorry for cross post, was not sure if it was the same bug or seperate, as it was all activity, not just status updates.

Glad I'm not going crazy/clicking the wrong buttons... because those types of users are the weirdest... XD

Posted · Best Answer

This issue is now resolved, though content posted in the past 11 hours may not be backfilled.

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic