Vacuum cleaner/PS4 Pro fan upgrade?

Gix7Fifty

Is there a better replacement fan for the PS4 Pro?  Apparently my PS4 is in the flight path of LAX when it gets hot. Can I throw a Noctua in it? I took the top off thinking it was dusty but it was clean as a whistle. 

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Well keep in mind a quieter fan that is the same exact size will need to spin slower to make less noise thus the playstation will run hotter.

typically fan upgrades have you move to larger sizes to avoid loosing cfpm and reduce noise but that will not be the case here.

You can probably just leave the top off, if you're ok with that. Alternatively, you can cut the fan hole a bit larger and wire in a bigger fan

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

or get this:

or even this:

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Ps4 Pros are notoriously loud sometimes. I'd say clean it out and liquid metal the sucker. 

If you can fit a quieter fan in the oem placement, do so but it might be some task. Maybe see if there's a way to rubber mount or dampen the original fan for a little bit less noise that way too. 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

2 hours ago, Gix7Fifty said:

Is there a better replacement fan for the PS4 Pro?  Apparently my PS4 is in the flight path of LAX when it gets hot. Can I throw a Noctua in it? I took the top off thinking it was dusty but it was clean as a whistle. 

you can remove the top cover and maybe even let a fan blow in that direction, that can make a lot.

BUT: it will attract more dust than the way it is right now.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 10/28/2018 at 8:07 PM, emosun said:

Well keep in mind a quieter fan that is the same exact size will need to spin slower to make less noise thus the playstation will run hotter.

typically fan upgrades have you move to larger sizes to avoid loosing cfpm and reduce noise but that will not be the case here.

not really true IMO. There are numerous different technologies that can make a fan put out less noise. The kind of bearings/ mechanism that the fan blades spin on is a big one. Noise dampening rubber mounts on the corners of the fan absorb vibrations and make the fan even quieter. There's reasons companies like Be-quiet exist. 

1 hour ago, Cigano said:

not really true IMO. There are numerous different technologies that can make a fan put out less noise. The kind of bearings/ mechanism that the fan blades spin on is a big one. Noise dampening rubber mounts on the corners of the fan absorb vibrations and make the fan even quieter. There's reasons companies like Be-quiet exist. 

yeah and after 15 some odd years of pc building nothing works better than making the the fan bigger

anytime I've ever seen someone try to make a fan advancement it has very little effect over simply using a bigger fan or adding speed.

2 hours ago, emosun said:

yeah and after 15 some odd years of pc building nothing works better than making the the fan bigger

anytime I've ever seen someone try to make a fan advancement it has very little effect over simply using a bigger fan or adding speed.

Yes bigger fans have a positive effect but there are night and day differences in noise levels between different fans at the same RPM. I'm assuming he wouldn't be able to get a giant fan to fit in a PlayStation so I don't know if a bigger fan is a viable option but i could be wrong. We'll just have to agree to disagree.   

• 2 weeks later...

Or try to make a cooler environment for the ps4 just  don't make it to cool so it start build up condens water drop