Are apevia psu good?

Playfulmean

I've never heard of this brand, and I don't want to kill my computer because of a bad power supply. They are also cheap

I can smell the electronics burn from here...

looks dodgy. for around 30 dollars you could look to get something like: https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-100-B1-0500-KR-Bronze-Power-Supply/dp/B07DTMXD83?th=1 which is 80+ bronze. 

PC Build: i5-6400, Z170-DELUXE, 16GB G Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000MHz, MSI 1060 6GB OCV1, Kingston 240GB SSD & WD Caviar Green 3TB, NZXT H500i (White), be quiet 500 Watt Pure Power 10, NZXT Kraken M22 (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NkprP3)

Peripherals: Logitech G213 Prodigy Gaming Keyboard, Logitech Proteus Spectrum G502, Logitech Gaming G933 Artemis Spectrum, Samsung Full HD 27" Curved LED Monitor

No, it's a really, really bad brand. Like it could fry your other components bad.

I used one for my brother's PC, never gonna make that mistake again.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

21 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I used one for my brother's PC, never gonna make that mistake again.

What the heck did he do to you?!

Personally I prefer using bbq charcoal as it gives a much longer and more consistent burn, but getting it to ignite can sometimes be a hassle. If you don't mind the hassle of using lighter fluid to get the fire going then coals are best, but if you just want something to ignite instantly on demand, you can't go past an Apevia PSU.

What are you grilling btw? Been ages since I've had a good BBQ...

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Apevia.  Used to be called Aspire until 2006.  Infamous for making very entry level, low cost products, with a high degree of bling.

Not recommended.

Check out this review from 12 years ago!  LOL!   http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=79

Here's one from 10 years ago:  http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=92

8 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Apevia.  Used to be called Aspire until 2006.  Infamous for making very entry level, low cost products, with a high degree of bling.

Not recommended.

Here's one from 10 years ago:  http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=92

Oh wow, that's a blast from the past...

I had one of those warlocks 10+ years ago. Bought it when I was first starting to get on to PC building. Had upgraded PC's in the past before, but never built from scratch...

The blue cables that were mentioned in the test review but not present with their unit were UV reactive. Bought the PSU because I was doing a UV build with cathode tubes (back before rgb LEDs).

PSU had a lot of bling, that's for sure. No other PSU had led lights that could change colour or windows! To its credit, the UV sleeved cables did indeed glow white under my UV lights and looked pretty good... Until the UV lights frosted the acrylic side panel and I could no longer see in...

But not long after building the system I realised what a piece of garbage the unit was, and faced many sleepless nights wondering how long I had left before the unit would explode.

The power switch on the back ended up breaking and being stuck "on"... 

Learnt my lesson after that and ended up replacing it pretty quickly.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

10 hours ago, Playfulmean said:

I've never heard of this brand, and I don't want to kill my computer because of a bad power supply. They are also cheap

Apevia is closer to this:

Than a really good PSU...

So something better is to be desired...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

• 1 year later...
On 10/28/2018 at 12:13 PM, Playfulmean said:

Am I the only guy that has had one of these for 2 years and never had a problem. Now I have a thermaltake but the trick for the Apevia was to always turn off the switch.