Why cant i take a 4k pic with my phone

I wonder why i cant take a 4k pic with my phone . i am able to recording a 4k and 1080p  video with my phone but i cant capture a 4k and 1080p pic with my phone . is there a way to take a 4k pic with my phone 

ermm...most phones take photos at a higher resolution than 4k..

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

Id oes not say 4k because it works like this:

1k=1080p=1920x1080 pixels =2.073.600 pixels = "2 Megapixel Camera"

Every phone has cameras with much more Megapixels. So your phone will have a photo resolution way over 4k although in an other aspect ratio 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

8 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Id oes not say 4k because it works like this:

1k=1080p=1920x1080 pixels =2.073.600 pixels = "2 Megapixel Camera"

Every phone has cameras with much more Megapixels. So your phone will have a photo resolution way over 4k although in an other aspect ratio 

So this means  if i take a pic at 16megapixels i have taken a 5k pic base on the reosultion 5312 × 2988

IMG-20181025-WA0101.jpg

4 minutes ago, Overclock Gamer said:

So this means  if i take a pic at 16megapixels i have taken a 5k pic base on the reosultion 5312 × 2988

-snip-

roughly yes. Simply chose the highest MP number and you're fine. Also a 16:9 aspect ratio is pretty standard and will look good on most screens 

to make it clearer. they way the image is taken and process is different then a dslr. i have both a camera  on my phone and my dslr . the size difference is massive on the dslr.

so its kind of 4k on a phone.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

41 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

to make it clearer. they way the image is taken and process is different then a dslr. i have both a camera  on my phone and my dslr . the size difference is massive on the dslr.

What?!?!?!?

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

3 hours ago, dogwitch said:

uh.... no

6 hours ago, dogwitch said:

Well, not exactly.

While the methods of post-processing can differ between a phone and an actual interchangeable lens camera, the concept of JPEG processing (take the RAW image data, apply necessary adjustments and compress the file to a much smaller size in a lossy format) is much the same.

4K is a tag used to describe the resolution of 3840x2160, which is roughly 8.3MP. Most phones and cameras made in recent memory far exceed that figure.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

3 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

Well, not exactly.

While the methods of post-processing can differ between a phone and an actual interchangeable lens camera, the concept of JPEG processing (take the RAW image data, apply necessary adjustments and compress the file to a much smaller size in a lossy format) is much the same.

4K is a tag used to describe the resolution of 3840x2160, which is roughly 8.3MP. Most phones and cameras made in recent memory far exceed that figure.

true. but file size and picture data sizes blow a cell cam .out of the water.  much more data to work with.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC