Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WolfLoverPro

So... IS my GTX 1060 Being Bottlenecked?? i Still Cant Figure This Out? Stuttering In GAMES!!

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Here are my results screenshots from 3dmax or whatever its called
Ok guys...... so I tried to run benchmark heres the results ok!
https://imgur.com/a/Od4X2sR
Btw should I set m output resolution to 1080p or 1366 768 ( this is my. Native ) or 1080p to see what I would get in gam3s at 1080p?
BTW i see that firestrike dont have a cpu test?>/??>? whys that?

 

Extra!

VIDEO OF ASSASSINS CREED PERFORMANCE with msi perforamnce check thingy like usage and stuff
https://youtu.be/A1S6ra9abwU

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Here are my results screenshots from 3dmax or whatever its called




Ok guys...... so I tried to run benchmark heres the results ok!



https://imgur.com/a/Od4X2sR



Btw should I set m output resolution to 1080p or 1366 768 ( this is my. Native ) or 1080p to see what I would get in gam3s at 1080p?

BTW i see that firestrike dont have a cpu test?>/??>? whys that?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Extra!

 


VIDEO OF ASSASSINS CREED PERFORMANCE with msi perforamnce check thingy like usage and stuff

https://youtu.be/A1S6ra9abwU

assassin's creed is VERY cpu intensive and it stutter like crazy even on my core i7unlocked and overclocked CPU...i can only imagine the shit show on an i5.


| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 5.0ghz - 1.3v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 2ghz OC  RAM: 16GB T-Force Delta RGB 3000mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift S

 

Read: My opinions on VR in it's current state, should YOU buy into it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 10/26/2018 at 7:08 PM, Derrk said:

yeah youre cpu is the bottleneck

oh for shitlock sake !!!""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

so will i get better performance putting in my old gtx 1050 gb?

 

honestly i cant afford a cpu not even if its £100 ;{

or i just sell my 1060 ? XDFOK FOK FOK im really pissex

 

On 10/26/2018 at 7:09 PM, i_build_nanosuits said:

assassin's creed is VERY cpu intensive and it stutter like crazy even on my core i7unlocked and overclocked CPU...i can only imagine the shit show on an i5.

well.... someoen on youtube plays on a 1060 same as mine and idk what cpu was but still.... saame GPU as ME AND 1080p ULTRA 50fps >;[

 

also its on all games for me ... every game it stutters literally im not joking so theres somthing wrong here right????

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 7:10 PM, WolfLoverPro said:

oh for shitlock sake !!!""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

so will i get better performance putting in my old gtx 1050 gb?

 

honestly i cant afford a cpu not even if its £100 ;{

or i just sell my 1060 ? XDFOK FOK FOK im really pissex

No, of course not. Your CPU is what's holding you back. I have frame spikes even on my 6c/12t Ryzen 5 1600 OC'd to 3.9 Ghz (ignore signature, I plan to update that soon-ish).

 

Aside from being a VERY CPU-intensive game, AC Origins also has 2 layers of DRM on top. It's no suprise that a quad core gives you stutters.

 

On 10/26/2018 at 7:11 PM, WolfLoverPro said:

well.... someoen on youtube plays on a 1060 same as mine and idk what cpu was but still.... saame GPU as ME AND 1080p ULTRA 50fps >;[

 

also its on all games for me ... every game it stutters literally im not joking so theres somthing wrong here right????

Listen, it's the CPU, not the GPU.

 

Edit: Watched the vid. Your CPU is pegged at 100% all the time while GPU is around 50% utilization. That's pretty obvious.


Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD


Inside some old case I found lying around.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

oh for shitlock sake !!!""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

 

so will i get better performance putting in my old gtx 1050 gb?

 

 

honestly i cant afford a cpu not even if its £100 ;{

 

or i just sell my 1060 ? XDFOK FOK FOK im really pissex

No, going to a lower end gpu will only make it worse. ACO is super poorly optimized as others said. I was also at 100% cpu usage on my old system. Only thing i can recommend is lowering settings

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 10/26/2018 at 7:12 PM, bleedblue said:

Listen, it's the CPU, not the GPU.

On 10/26/2018 at 7:12 PM, bleedblue said:

No, of course not. Your CPU is what's holding you back. I have frame spikes even on my 6c/12t Ryzen 5 1600 OC'd to 3.9 Ghz (ignore signature, I plan to update that soon-ish).

 

Aside from being a VERY CPU-intensive game, AC Origins also has 2 layers of DRM on top. It's no suprise that a quad core gives you stutters.

so .... sell my i5 4690 NOT THE K VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!! for like £210 if i can XDDDD

buy a Ryzen 5 1600 as its only like £100 and somthing >? 

 

i mean... help me ass here XD how much u think i can get for my i5? i have no box either so.... and its dusty........

but say i did manage to sell how much u think> also what is cheap CHEAPEST ! cpu i can by that will match my 1060 ? NO SUTTTERSSSSSSSSSS

 

On 10/26/2018 at 7:08 PM, Derrk said:

yeah youre cpu is the bottleneck

not even that tho i dont care about low fps

id rather play it on my 1050 know why? BEACUSE IT DONT STUTTER !!

sure it got like 25 fps XDD maybe jumpos to 30 fps BUT I DIDINT NOTICE STUTTER

i can lock this at 30 it gets pretty constant BUT even tho its consistent ALL I SEE IS STUTTER STUTTER SUTTERT i dont get it ?

can a bottleneck really make it down perform?> i thought it would just get as much performance as myy 1050 but it is worse?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

 

so .... sell my i5 4690 NOT THE K VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!! for like £210 if i can XDDDD

 

buy a Ryzen 5 1600 as its only like £100 and somthing >? 

 

i mean... help me ass here XD how much u think i can get for my i5? i have no box either so.... and its dusty........

 

but say i did manage to sell how much u think> also what is cheap CHEAPEST ! cpu i can by that will match my 1060 ? NO SUTTTERSSSSSSSSSS

lord are you 14, can you stop TYPINg like XDD thisSSS........

 

Getting used 4790k and overclocking it would be a cheaper option.
 

6 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

 

To put it simply, your CPU is finding it harder to keep up with the 1060 than the much weaker 1050.

 

Get a 1080p monitor while you're at it.


Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD


Inside some old case I found lying around.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

so will i get better performance putting in my old gtx 1050 gb?

Thats just now how bottleneck works, your gpu can a render a specific amount of frames per second and the cpu too and basically the lower amount will be your fps, so if you have a worse gpu you will get either the same fps or if the gpu renders less fps than the cpu than less fps.

 

7 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

id rather play it on my 1050 know why?

BEACUSE IT DONT STUTTER !!

it can be because the cpu is on 100% one way to deal with it is set the maximum fps so that your cpu won't have to work on 100% and shouldn't cause stutter.

 

Also i would like to mention, your cpu and gpu combo isn't bad im pretty sure, it's juts a few cpu intesive games that might not run well.

 


EDIT: also you can improve performance if you close background applications

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

lord are you 14, can you stop TYPINg like XDD thisSSS........

 

Getting used 4790k and overclocking it would be a cheaper option.
 

To put it simply, your CPU is finding it harder to keep up with the 1060 than the much weaker 1050.

 

Get a 1080p monitor while you're at it.

I AINT GOT money to buy MONITORS and CPUS!!!!! lol

 

yeah i know i can get 1080 monitor for DAMN £80 but still i cant :P

 

the most i can do is sell my i5 4690 for £100 or more and buy a new one

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

not even that tho i dont care about low fps

 

id rather play it on my 1050 know why?

 

BEACUSE IT DONT STUTTER !!

 

 

sure it got like 25 fps XDD maybe jumpos to 30 fps BUT I DIDINT NOTICE STUTTER

 

i can lock this at 30 it gets pretty constant BUT even tho its consistent ALL I SEE IS STUTTER STUTTER SUTTERT i dont get it ?

 

 

can a bottleneck really make it down perform?> i thought it would just get as much performance as myy 1050 but it is worse ????????????

Thats...not how this works. If the cpu is at 100%, it'll still be at 100% with a 1050

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, ChernobilChuck said:

Thats just now how bottleneck works, your gpu can a render a specific amount of frames per second and the cpu too and basically the lower amount will be your fps, so if you have a worse gpu you will get either the same fps or if the gpu renders less fps than the cpu than less fps.

 

it can be because the cpu is on 100% one way to deal with it is set the maximum fps so that your cpu won't have to work on 100% and shouldn't cause stutter.

 

Also i would like to mention, your cpu and gpu combo isn't bad im pretty sure, it's juts a few cpu intesive games that might not run well.

well all i say is that is must be bad..... beacuse it dont run 1 game that wont stutter literally !

 

unless again what u said lock it to 30fps BUT SITLL!! it does get stutter still :[

Link to post
Share on other sites

Assassins Creed Origins maxed out my 4690 (none-k model) which only resolved when I got my 8600k.


Assassins Creed Odyssey maxes out my 8600k @ 4.8Ghz, their CPU scaling really sucks it seems.

I believe its "supposed" to keep adding dynamic NPCs whilever there is spare CPU, but it just goes overboard.  The annoying thing is dropping the resolution and effects made ZERO difference on Origins.  I haven't tried too hard on Odyssey as its not quite as severe so I'm putting up with it.


Modems: 2 x VMG3925-B10B V5.13(AAVF.12)C0-jumbo
Router: i5-7200U appliance running pfSense.
ISP: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2 + Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra. (~60Mbit each)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Derrk said:

Thats...not how this works. If the cpu is at 100%, it'll still be at 100% with a 1050

right,..... but no games ever stuttered on my 1050 soooooo......... whats this witchcraft going on here ?>??????

 

 

 

honestly every single game i play stutters on this shit gpu XD

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

right,..... but no games ever stuttered on my 1050 soooooo......... whats this witchcraft going on here ?>??????

 

 

 

honestly every single game i play stutters on this shit gpu XD

ACO has two different types of software running to prevent piracy. Its a tough game to run. Its the cpu i promise

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Derrk said:

Thats...not how this works. If the cpu is at 100%, it'll still be at 100% with a 1050

Yes thats not how it works but there is a chace that the game would actually feel better with a 1050, but he still should NOT swap the cards,

if the 1050 renders less fps than his cpu than he will get lower fps but may solve stuttering which is caused by the cpu going 100%

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 10/26/2018 at 7:27 PM, Derrk said:

ACO has two different types of software running to prevent piracy. Its a tough game to run. Its the cpu i promise

ok ok ..... but what if i tell you this .....

my gtx 1050 did not sutter on aco .... nor did it on any game at all

this ever since i instaled gpu ,... its stuttered on every 3d game XD so its the gpu for sure i mean ..... well it must be aint it lol

 

like example

gta , forza, watch dogs , ACO  all was set to uncapped fps normally got like 45 fps somtimes dropped to 35 BUT it did not Stutter even when it dropped frams i didint notice it actaully stutter it just had low fps look

but this ... caps at 30 but still stutters and if i unlock the fps well.... you in for a trip to hell beacuse its non stop stutter its stupid

 

i swear im gonna get refund for 1060 i only have until november 10 so i need to decide to keep it or not but yeah.......

 

On 10/26/2018 at 7:29 PM, ChernobilChuck said:

Yes thats not how it works but there is a chace that the game would actually feel better with a 1050, but he still should NOT swap the cards,

if the 1050 renders less fps than his cpu than he will get lower fps but may solve stuttering which is caused by the cpu going 100%

uh so .... that gives me a good reason to put my old one back it beacuse i cannot stand playing with stuuter infact if rather play with 25fps than  this stuttering absolute no joke here

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

uh so .... that gives me a good reason to put my old one back it beacuse i cannot stand playing with stuuter infact if rather play with 25fps than  this stuttering absolute no joke here

What im saying is if you limit the fps to what your 1050 would do there is no way it would stutter more than with the 1050, it would be the same.

 

EDIT:  i have an i5 4590 which is somewhat slower than your 4690 and i have a 1060 aswell, while i do have stutter is some games for example forza horizon starts to stutter at around 110fps when the cpu hits 100% i don't have this issue any other time, i think there is some app in the background which uses your cpu while you are gaming, you should find that app and close it and the game shoudl run much smoother

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, ChernobilChuck said:

What im saying is if you limit the fps to what your 1050 would do there is no way it would stutter more than with the 1050, it would be the same.

i suppose u know

 

but thing is that even if icap ACO and even forza horizon 3 at 30 fps it still gets stuttering ...... although saying that i know can play 30fps but on high some ultra setting where as my 1050 i would set on medium or some high but thats max never ultra so maybe i just have to tune it down a bit?

 

i guess it makes secne dont it >? run games at 30fps but higher settting than my 1050

 

 

ok fine i guess it solves it cheap way.... so if i want to get 60fps i need a better cpu ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WolfLoverPro said:

i suppose u know

 

but thing is that even if icap ACO and even forza horizon 3 at 30 fps it still gets stuttering ...... although saying that i know can play 30fps but on high some ultra setting where as my 1050 i would set on medium or some high but thats max never ultra so maybe i just have to tune it down a bit?

 

i guess it makes secne dont it >? run games at 30fps but higher settting than my 1050

 

 

ok fine i guess it solves it cheap way.... so if i want to get 60fps i need a better cpu ?

i ran fh3 on medium at 1080p, had no issues at all with 80fps, so what i edited in the earlier comment, something is using your cpu in the background for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

right,..... but no games ever stuttered on my 1050 soooooo......... whats this witchcraft going on here ?>??????

 

 

 

honestly every single game i play stutters on this shit gpu XD

Jesus christ, how thick are you? Everyone is telling you the CPU, CPU, is holding you back. NOT the GPU.


Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD


Inside some old case I found lying around.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 10/26/2018 at 7:41 PM, ChernobilChuck said:

i ran fh3 on medium at 1080p, had no issues at all with 80fps, so what i edited in the earlier comment, something is using your cpu in the background for sure.

what so ur saying i should be able to get like idk ? i mean i have my forza on ultra setting :P  so i guess thats reason for low fps BUT BUT BUT youtube people get 60fps on ultra so whuy tf not me <>;[ anyway still

 

but then aint i might as well just refund my 1060 and just play on 1050 if im just running the same fps as my 1050 would get?

 

On 10/26/2018 at 7:44 PM, bleedblue said:

Jesus christ, how thick are you? Everyone is telling you the CPU, CPU, is holding you back. NOT the GPU.

i know my weight but not my thickness as i dont measure that LOL .............. yeah.............../ anyway

you quoted the wrong one

somone said Thats...not how this works. If the cpu is at 100%, it'll still be at 100% with a 1050

 

so i said right,..... but no games ever stuttered on my 1050 soooooo......... whats this witchcraft going on here ?>??????

 

as in they are saying even with my 1050 it would be stuttering bottle neck as it would be at 100% ??

honestly every single game i play stutters on this shit gpu XD

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

what so ur saying i should be able to get like idk ? i mean i have my forza on ultra setting :P  so i guess thats reason for low fps BUT BUT BUT youtube people get 60fps on ultra so whuy tf not me <>;[ anyway still

 

 

but then aint i might as well just refund my 1060 and just play on 1050 if im just running the same fps as my 1050 would get ???

So, your gpu is fine and you should keep it.

Your cpu is fine but for some reason in underperforms(can't talk about ACO, but gta and forza shouldn't stutter),

Possible fixes:

Task manager to see what else uses cpu while you are gaming and closing those,

Checking the temperature and clock speed while you are gaming, if the clock speed is under 3,8 or 3,9ghz then the problem is most likely the cooling,

If nothing is running in the background, the temps are fine, clock speed is fine, then you should try reinstalling windows.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

on a 1060 same as mine and idk what cpu was but still....

CPU makes a huge difference in games


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

EVGA G3 thread, BR/BT threadSeasonic Focus thread, S12II/M12II thread, Userbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

CPU makes a huge difference in games

I still don’t get it

 

,y cpu gets basically 4ghx YEAH it’s stock 3.5 but when I bought it prebuilt it gets now I didn’t touch anything but gets 3.9 so.

 

 

WTF it not run games then ? It says a ray zen 5 is good match for 2060 but it has fkin like 2. So,thing ghz MINE HAS 4 ?”

?.......?.???????

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×