So... IS my GTX 1060 Being Bottlenecked?? i Still Cant Figure This Out? Stuttering In GAMES!!

WolfLoverPro

Here are my results screenshots from 3dmax or whatever its called
Ok guys...... so I tried to run benchmark heres the results ok!
https://imgur.com/a/Od4X2sR
Btw should I set m output resolution to 1080p or 1366 768 ( this is my. Native ) or 1080p to see what I would get in gam3s at 1080p?
BTW i see that firestrike dont have a cpu test?>/??>? whys that?

Extra!

VIDEO OF ASSASSINS CREED PERFORMANCE with msi perforamnce check thingy like usage and stuff
https://youtu.be/A1S6ra9abwU

2 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Here are my results screenshots from 3dmax or whatever its called

Ok guys...... so I tried to run benchmark heres the results ok!

https://imgur.com/a/Od4X2sR

Btw should I set m output resolution to 1080p or 1366 768 ( this is my. Native ) or 1080p to see what I would get in gam3s at 1080p?

BTW i see that firestrike dont have a cpu test?>/??>? whys that?

Extra!

VIDEO OF ASSASSINS CREED PERFORMANCE with msi perforamnce check thingy like usage and stuff

https://youtu.be/A1S6ra9abwU

assassin's creed is VERY cpu intensive and it stutter like crazy even on my core i7unlocked and overclocked CPU...i can only imagine the shit show on an i5.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

On 10/26/2018 at 7:08 PM, Derrk said:

yeah youre cpu is the bottleneck

oh for shitlock sake !!!""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

so will i get better performance putting in my old gtx 1050 gb?

honestly i cant afford a cpu not even if its £100 ;{

or i just sell my 1060 ? XDFOK FOK FOK im really pissex

On 10/26/2018 at 7:09 PM, i_build_nanosuits said:

assassin's creed is VERY cpu intensive and it stutter like crazy even on my core i7unlocked and overclocked CPU...i can only imagine the shit show on an i5.

well.... someoen on youtube plays on a 1060 same as mine and idk what cpu was but still.... saame GPU as ME AND 1080p ULTRA 50fps >;[

also its on all games for me ... every game it stutters literally im not joking so theres somthing wrong here right????

On 10/26/2018 at 7:10 PM, WolfLoverPro said:

No, of course not. Your CPU is what's holding you back. I have frame spikes even on my 6c/12t Ryzen 5 1600 OC'd to 3.9 Ghz (ignore signature, I plan to update that soon-ish).

Aside from being a VERY CPU-intensive game, AC Origins also has 2 layers of DRM on top. It's no suprise that a quad core gives you stutters.

On 10/26/2018 at 7:11 PM, WolfLoverPro said:

well.... someoen on youtube plays on a 1060 same as mine and idk what cpu was but still.... saame GPU as ME AND 1080p ULTRA 50fps >;[

also its on all games for me ... every game it stutters literally im not joking so theres somthing wrong here right????

Listen, it's the CPU, not the GPU.

Edit: Watched the vid. Your CPU is pegged at 100% all the time while GPU is around 50% utilization. That's pretty obvious.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

4 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

No, going to a lower end gpu will only make it worse. ACO is super poorly optimized as others said. I was also at 100% cpu usage on my old system. Only thing i can recommend is lowering settings

On 10/26/2018 at 7:12 PM, bleedblue said:

Listen, it's the CPU, not the GPU.

On 10/26/2018 at 7:12 PM, bleedblue said:

No, of course not. Your CPU is what's holding you back. I have frame spikes even on my 6c/12t Ryzen 5 1600 OC'd to 3.9 Ghz (ignore signature, I plan to update that soon-ish).

Aside from being a VERY CPU-intensive game, AC Origins also has 2 layers of DRM on top. It's no suprise that a quad core gives you stutters.

so .... sell my i5 4690 NOT THE K VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!! for like £210 if i can XDDDD

buy a Ryzen 5 1600 as its only like £100 and somthing >? 

i mean... help me ass here XD how much u think i can get for my i5? i have no box either so.... and its dusty........

but say i did manage to sell how much u think> also what is cheap CHEAPEST ! cpu i can by that will match my 1060 ? NO SUTTTERSSSSSSSSSS

On 10/26/2018 at 7:08 PM, Derrk said:

yeah youre cpu is the bottleneck

not even that tho i dont care about low fps

id rather play it on my 1050 know why? BEACUSE IT DONT STUTTER !!

sure it got like 25 fps XDD maybe jumpos to 30 fps BUT I DIDINT NOTICE STUTTER

i can lock this at 30 it gets pretty constant BUT even tho its consistent ALL I SEE IS STUTTER STUTTER SUTTERT i dont get it ?

can a bottleneck really make it down perform?> i thought it would just get as much performance as myy 1050 but it is worse?

5 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

so .... sell my i5 4690 NOT THE K VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!! for like £210 if i can XDDDD

buy a Ryzen 5 1600 as its only like £100 and somthing >? 

i mean... help me ass here XD how much u think i can get for my i5? i have no box either so.... and its dusty........

but say i did manage to sell how much u think> also what is cheap CHEAPEST ! cpu i can by that will match my 1060 ? NO SUTTTERSSSSSSSSSS

lord are you 14, can you stop TYPINg like XDD thisSSS........

Getting used 4790k and overclocking it would be a cheaper option.

6 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

To put it simply, your CPU is finding it harder to keep up with the 1060 than the much weaker 1050.

Get a 1080p monitor while you're at it.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

14 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Thats just now how bottleneck works, your gpu can a render a specific amount of frames per second and the cpu too and basically the lower amount will be your fps, so if you have a worse gpu you will get either the same fps or if the gpu renders less fps than the cpu than less fps.

7 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

id rather play it on my 1050 know why?

BEACUSE IT DONT STUTTER !!

it can be because the cpu is on 100% one way to deal with it is set the maximum fps so that your cpu won't have to work on 100% and shouldn't cause stutter.

Also i would like to mention, your cpu and gpu combo isn't bad im pretty sure, it's juts a few cpu intesive games that might not run well.

EDIT: also you can improve performance if you close background applications

2 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

lord are you 14, can you stop TYPINg like XDD thisSSS........

Getting used 4790k and overclocking it would be a cheaper option.

To put it simply, your CPU is finding it harder to keep up with the 1060 than the much weaker 1050.

Get a 1080p monitor while you're at it.

I AINT GOT money to buy MONITORS and CPUS!!!!! lol

yeah i know i can get 1080 monitor for DAMN £80 but still i cant :P

the most i can do is sell my i5 4690 for £100 or more and buy a new one

8 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

not even that tho i dont care about low fps

id rather play it on my 1050 know why?

BEACUSE IT DONT STUTTER !!

sure it got like 25 fps XDD maybe jumpos to 30 fps BUT I DIDINT NOTICE STUTTER

i can lock this at 30 it gets pretty constant BUT even tho its consistent ALL I SEE IS STUTTER STUTTER SUTTERT i dont get it ?

can a bottleneck really make it down perform?> i thought it would just get as much performance as myy 1050 but it is worse ????????????

Thats...not how this works. If the cpu is at 100%, it'll still be at 100% with a 1050

1 minute ago, ChernobilChuck said:

Thats just now how bottleneck works, your gpu can a render a specific amount of frames per second and the cpu too and basically the lower amount will be your fps, so if you have a worse gpu you will get either the same fps or if the gpu renders less fps than the cpu than less fps.

it can be because the cpu is on 100% one way to deal with it is set the maximum fps so that your cpu won't have to work on 100% and shouldn't cause stutter.

Also i would like to mention, your cpu and gpu combo isn't bad im pretty sure, it's juts a few cpu intesive games that might not run well.

well all i say is that is must be bad..... beacuse it dont run 1 game that wont stutter literally !

unless again what u said lock it to 30fps BUT SITLL!! it does get stutter still :[

Assassins Creed Origins maxed out my 4690 (none-k model) which only resolved when I got my 8600k.

Assassins Creed Odyssey maxes out my 8600k @ 4.8Ghz, their CPU scaling really sucks it seems.

I believe its "supposed" to keep adding dynamic NPCs whilever there is spare CPU, but it just goes overboard.  The annoying thing is dropping the resolution and effects made ZERO difference on Origins.  I haven't tried too hard on Odyssey as its not quite as severe so I'm putting up with it.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Just now, Derrk said:

Thats...not how this works. If the cpu is at 100%, it'll still be at 100% with a 1050

right,..... but no games ever stuttered on my 1050 soooooo......... whats this witchcraft going on here ?>??????

honestly every single game i play stutters on this shit gpu XD

2 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

right,..... but no games ever stuttered on my 1050 soooooo......... whats this witchcraft going on here ?>??????

ACO has two different types of software running to prevent piracy. Its a tough game to run. Its the cpu i promise

2 minutes ago, Derrk said:

Yes thats not how it works but there is a chace that the game would actually feel better with a 1050, but he still should NOT swap the cards,

if the 1050 renders less fps than his cpu than he will get lower fps but may solve stuttering which is caused by the cpu going 100%

On 10/26/2018 at 7:27 PM, Derrk said:

ACO has two different types of software running to prevent piracy. Its a tough game to run. Its the cpu i promise

ok ok ..... but what if i tell you this .....

my gtx 1050 did not sutter on aco .... nor did it on any game at all

this ever since i instaled gpu ,... its stuttered on every 3d game XD so its the gpu for sure i mean ..... well it must be aint it lol

like example

gta , forza, watch dogs , ACO  all was set to uncapped fps normally got like 45 fps somtimes dropped to 35 BUT it did not Stutter even when it dropped frams i didint notice it actaully stutter it just had low fps look

but this ... caps at 30 but still stutters and if i unlock the fps well.... you in for a trip to hell beacuse its non stop stutter its stupid

i swear im gonna get refund for 1060 i only have until november 10 so i need to decide to keep it or not but yeah.......

On 10/26/2018 at 7:29 PM, ChernobilChuck said:

Yes thats not how it works but there is a chace that the game would actually feel better with a 1050, but he still should NOT swap the cards,

if the 1050 renders less fps than his cpu than he will get lower fps but may solve stuttering which is caused by the cpu going 100%

uh so .... that gives me a good reason to put my old one back it beacuse i cannot stand playing with stuuter infact if rather play with 25fps than  this stuttering absolute no joke here

4 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

uh so .... that gives me a good reason to put my old one back it beacuse i cannot stand playing with stuuter infact if rather play with 25fps than  this stuttering absolute no joke here

What im saying is if you limit the fps to what your 1050 would do there is no way it would stutter more than with the 1050, it would be the same.

EDIT:  i have an i5 4590 which is somewhat slower than your 4690 and i have a 1060 aswell, while i do have stutter is some games for example forza horizon starts to stutter at around 110fps when the cpu hits 100% i don't have this issue any other time, i think there is some app in the background which uses your cpu while you are gaming, you should find that app and close it and the game shoudl run much smoother

1 minute ago, ChernobilChuck said:

What im saying is if you limit the fps to what your 1050 would do there is no way it would stutter more than with the 1050, it would be the same.

i suppose u know

but thing is that even if icap ACO and even forza horizon 3 at 30 fps it still gets stuttering ...... although saying that i know can play 30fps but on high some ultra setting where as my 1050 i would set on medium or some high but thats max never ultra so maybe i just have to tune it down a bit?

i guess it makes secne dont it >? run games at 30fps but higher settting than my 1050

ok fine i guess it solves it cheap way.... so if i want to get 60fps i need a better cpu ?

1 minute ago, WolfLoverPro said:

i suppose u know

but thing is that even if icap ACO and even forza horizon 3 at 30 fps it still gets stuttering ...... although saying that i know can play 30fps but on high some ultra setting where as my 1050 i would set on medium or some high but thats max never ultra so maybe i just have to tune it down a bit?

i guess it makes secne dont it >? run games at 30fps but higher settting than my 1050

ok fine i guess it solves it cheap way.... so if i want to get 60fps i need a better cpu ?

i ran fh3 on medium at 1080p, had no issues at all with 80fps, so what i edited in the earlier comment, something is using your cpu in the background for sure.

21 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Jesus christ, how thick are you? Everyone is telling you the CPU, CPU, is holding you back. NOT the GPU.

On 10/26/2018 at 7:41 PM, ChernobilChuck said:

i ran fh3 on medium at 1080p, had no issues at all with 80fps, so what i edited in the earlier comment, something is using your cpu in the background for sure.

what so ur saying i should be able to get like idk ? i mean i have my forza on ultra setting :P  so i guess thats reason for low fps BUT BUT BUT youtube people get 60fps on ultra so whuy tf not me <>;[ anyway still

but then aint i might as well just refund my 1060 and just play on 1050 if im just running the same fps as my 1050 would get?

On 10/26/2018 at 7:44 PM, bleedblue said:

Jesus christ, how thick are you? Everyone is telling you the CPU, CPU, is holding you back. NOT the GPU.

i know my weight but not my thickness as i dont measure that LOL .............. yeah.............../ anyway

you quoted the wrong one

somone said Thats...not how this works. If the cpu is at 100%, it'll still be at 100% with a 1050

so i said right,..... but no games ever stuttered on my 1050 soooooo......... whats this witchcraft going on here ?>??????

as in they are saying even with my 1050 it would be stuttering bottle neck as it would be at 100% ??

10 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

what so ur saying i should be able to get like idk ? i mean i have my forza on ultra setting :P  so i guess thats reason for low fps BUT BUT BUT youtube people get 60fps on ultra so whuy tf not me <>;[ anyway still

but then aint i might as well just refund my 1060 and just play on 1050 if im just running the same fps as my 1050 would get ???

So, your gpu is fine and you should keep it.

Your cpu is fine but for some reason in underperforms(can't talk about ACO, but gta and forza shouldn't stutter),

Possible fixes:

Task manager to see what else uses cpu while you are gaming and closing those,

Checking the temperature and clock speed while you are gaming, if the clock speed is under 3,8 or 3,9ghz then the problem is most likely the cooling,

If nothing is running in the background, the temps are fine, clock speed is fine, then you should try reinstalling windows.

49 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

on a 1060 same as mine and idk what cpu was but still....

CPU makes a huge difference in games

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

CPU makes a huge difference in games

I still don’t get it

,y cpu gets basically 4ghx YEAH it’s stock 3.5 but when I bought it prebuilt it gets now I didn’t touch anything but gets 3.9 so.

WTF it not run games then ? It says a ray zen 5 is good match for 2060 but it has fkin like 2. So,thing ghz MINE HAS 4 ?”

?.......?.???????