Virus wants to install on my PC!

davve146

Advanced options

Quote me to see your reply

PC Specs: Case - NZXT H500i (Black) | Motherboard - Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX RX 580 (8GB) | Memory - G.Skill Trident Z 8GB (3000MHz, RGB) | SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 250GB | PSU - EVGA 650GQ 80+ Gold 650W | CPU Cooler - ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports Edition

Now what do I choose.

1. System restoration (i think it says)

2. Start repair

3. restore your previous version

4. cmd

5. restoration of system copy

6. uefi settings

7. More options

What's the text at the bottom of those options. (IIRC, it should let you chose more options)

PC Specs: Case - NZXT H500i (Black) | Motherboard - Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX RX 580 (8GB) | Memory - G.Skill Trident Z 8GB (3000MHz, RGB) | SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 250GB | PSU - EVGA 650GQ 80+ Gold 650W | CPU Cooler - ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports Edition

yes, and then it will restart, and choose number 4/5 depending on your need for networking

I clicked and it says:

Restart your computer if you want to change windows-options, eg

• activate sleep-mode with low resolution
  • activate troubleshooting-mode
  • activate start-logging
  • activate safe mode (i think it says)
  • deactivate the start of programs against harmful code
  • deactivate automatic restart in case of system error

it says that its protected by bit-locker, what is the bit-locker key?

I can't tell. a bitlocker key is a key used to decrypt a harddisk. they are randomly generated

where do i find the key. It says key-id: and then a long sequence of numbers and letters. I cant type letters, only numbers. It says: more information on how to find your key can be found on: go.microsoft...

have you used bitlocker for something? otherwise it can be two things: 1) the school encrypted part of your harddrive for safety reasons 2) you're ****** and the virus was actually ransomeware and encryped your harddrive

it says that I can choose other settings, should I do that?

Otherwise I guess the only thing to do is to reinstall windows through safe mode. Right? Also, I never allowed the program to make changes on the computer. It must be my school then. Can a virus encrypt a hard drive even though it hasn't been opened. Sure it was unzipped, but it never ran

Just now, davve146 said:

Otherwise I guess the only thing to do is to reinstall windows through safe mode. Right? Also, I never allowed the program to make changes on the computer. It must be my school then. Can a virus encrypt a hard drive even though it hasn't been opened. Sure it was unzipped, but it never ran

it actually can. can you still go into the pc without the bitlocker key? also, can you get to your documents and everything?

I can try, what do you want me to so exactly? it might take some time

I want you to look if you can delete the virus or at least get your personal stuff back. becouse you did something really bad

hold on. I managed to get into my downloads folder and delete the zip and the extracted folder. the message has stopped popping up now

I now have access to my desktop. I think it might be gone!

you've been really lucky, know that.

Go download an antivirus and a antimalware.

and next time you're doing these things, do it on a vm

Thanks a lot, I realise that. Thanks for the quick replies and all the advice. I just downloaded and ran malwarebytes, things look fine. Looks like the gods gave me a second chance

4 minutes ago, davve146 said:

Thanks a lot, I realise that. Thanks for the quick replies and all the advice. I just downloaded and ran malwarebytes, things look fine. Looks like the gods gave me a second chance

Glad you got it fixed. I'm sorry I couldn't help more. I have to use a Mac for school and all of our Windows computers are gone, so I had to do everything from memory