LienusLateTips
1 minute ago, LienusLateTips said:

Yeah, that G1+ will do.

Why the 9600K, and not the 8700?

or 8700K maybe

Just now, 17030644 said:

bitfenix formula or corsair rmx at least, I'm pretty sure you can afford it

And I think the 9600K makes little sense there

My dad's best friend works at Intel and I think I can get a discount on the 9600k. If not, then I'll go with the 8600k. I'm actually having trouble scraping the last bit of money together since my parents agreed to pay for the cpu, mobo, and ram, so the rest is up to me and I don't have a job sadly. I can find a way it'll just take time.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

1 minute ago, LienusLateTips said:

Yeah, that G1+ will do.

Why the 9600K, and not the 8700?

I want to OC.

Just now, mxk. said:

My dad's best friend works at Intel and I think I can get a discount on the 9600k. If not, then I'll go with the 8600k.

Thats the reason why If you didn't catch this.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Just now, mxk. said:

My dad's best friend works at Intel and I think I can get a discount on the 9600k. If not, then I'll go with the 8600k. I'm actually having trouble scraping the last bit of money together since my parents agreed to pay for the cpu, mobo, and ram, so the rest is up to me and I don't have a job sadly. I can find a way it'll just take time.

look what I just posted above

4 minutes ago, 17030644 said:

in my opinion there should be S, S+, A, A+ so that you can classify them better

That would get WAY too complicated. This list isn't for professionals who need specific detail, it's for beginners who just want a PSU which won't give up on them.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, 17030644 said:

look what I just posted above

I'll consider it but I'm not the one paying for the CPU. my parents are surprised at how much this costs so doing an 8700k probably isn't the best idea in terms of money unless I can get a discount for it from my dad's friend.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Just now, LienusLateTips said:

That would get WAY too complicated. This list isn't for professionals who need specific detail, it's for beginners who just want a PSU which won't give up on them.

agreed. ESEA does kinda do this, but not with S ranks, more in the lower ranks.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Just now, LienusLateTips said:

the current tier is 7 tiers so I don't know what's the difference

it won't be complicated really.

Just now, mxk. said:

I'll consider it but I'm not the one paying for the CPU. my parents are surprised at how much this costs so doing an 8700k probably isn't the best idea in terms of money unless I can get a discount for it from my dad's friend.

ok, then get the rmx or bitfenix formula

Just now, 17030644 said:

the current tier is 7 tiers so I don't know what's the difference

it won't be complicated really.

ok, then get the rmx or bitfenix formula

I'm trying my hardest but if it comes to last resort, tier B is the lowest I'l go. I should have got the g2 when it was $30 USD on bf.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

4 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

S would be ridiculously high end units that 99% of people don't need. Like the MiJ, the PRIME, and other extremely high performing units.

A would basically encompass everything from Tier 1 to 3. It's just a overall blanket for reliable units that have pretty good build quality, protections and performance.

B is a blanket for Tiers 4-6. It's good enough for an Office PC or as a Facebook Machine, but that no one would recommend for a high end gaming PC.

C is just a AVOID spell. Tier 7, mostly.

You didn’t answer OrionFTL’s question.

Define “extremely high performing”, “pretty good build quality”, “good enough”.

How are you cramming ~twenty different quality defining factors together, and only in 4 tiers...

Again, think of a tier list for cars.

Because right now it looks like you’re just guessing what tier you think they should go in.

Also, IMO, ripple is the main factor that may grant an advantage overclocking. And any PSU can be “avoidable” depending on pricing and competition.

Ive asked this before, please list exactly what you look at when reading reviews and tiering.

Noise? Effficiency? Price? Transient response? Holdup and timing?, etc.

9 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

What do y'all think about this structure?

1947523325_ScreenShot2018-12-08at11_16_58AM.png.b817adda9fe86665eebe3a0394fae392.png

I'm not enamoured with that structure. I'd prefer to see something that was more descriptive of the psu quality and characteristics rather than suggest a use. Perhaps a very brief, non-technical  outline of the selection criteria. ? Not easy, I know.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

17 hours ago, Rexper said:

And any PSU can be “avoidable” depending on pricing and competition.

of course, but we are not going to make thousands of lists for pricing in every single region.

what he meant by "avoid" is really crappy units that shouldn't be considered at any cost because they are a serious risk for your PC.

17 hours ago, Rexper said:

How are you cramming ~twenty different quality defining factors together, and only in 4 tiers...

Again, think of a tier list for cars.

Because right now it looks like you’re just guessing what tier you think they should go in.

13 hours ago, brob said:

I'm not enamoured with that structure. I'd prefer to see something that was more descriptive of the psu quality and characteristics rather than suggest a use. Perhaps a very brief, non-technical  outline of the selection criteria. ? Not easy, I know.

it's ok but like you said he should point out what specifically makes a PSU belong to a certain tier.

Like the current one that says "group regulated units will be deemed no higher than tier 4" etc.

On 10/30/2018 at 12:43 PM, awesomegamer919 said:

Regardless, the Pure Power 11 is being refreshed soon with a switch to gold and 5 years warranty, so it'll be a moot point.

Pure Power 11 only comes with 5 year warranty if bought from bequiet! themselves or their official partners or something like that, i read it in manual, i got 3 year warranty on it, and warranty came inside that plastic bag thingie that comes over box, so it was sealed, but came specifically with seller information, i bought 11 over 10 anyway because of a better fan(higher RPM but quieter) and it was 5 euro price difference only, that 5 euros probably will pay off in a few years from being gold instead of silver rated anyways

31 minutes ago, komi1997 said:

Pure Power 11 only comes with 5 year warranty if bought from bequiet! themselves or their official partners or something like that, i read it in manual

That's a lie. You get 5 years warranty regardless of which store you bought it from.

Warranty terms: https://www.bequiet.com/en/warranty

5 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

That's a lie. You get 5 years warranty regardless of which store you bought it from.

Ok, i just pulled out user manual from the box in other box on top of a cabinet to prove you wrong

P.S. warranty is in Hungarian, no point in taking photos of that

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

1 hour ago, OrionFOTL said:

Most likely not a lie.Perhaps an incorrect or erroneous statement. A lie is an intentional false statement. 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

14 hours ago, komi1997 said:

Ok, i just pulled out user manual from the box in other box on top of a cabinet to prove you wrong

Yes, that means official, real dealer, not bought on eBay or grey market.

So if someone buys the PSU from you, who bought it from any store, no warranty for him, that's what that should say.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

7 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Yes, that means official, real dealer, not bought on eBay or grey market.

It was bought in iPon in Hungary, you get their link from bequiet! site when you search "where to buy", but they only give it 3 year warranty, warranty was packed under cellophane straight from bequiet! but it's 3 years, not 5 for some strange reason

1 hour ago, komi1997 said:

It was bought in iPon in Hungary, you get their link from bequiet! site when you search "where to buy", but they only give it 3 year warranty, warranty was packed under cellophane straight from bequiet! but it's 3 years, not 5 for some strange reason

THEY do, be quiet doesn't.

Wich means that for the first 3 Years the Dealer does the Warranty for you.
AFTER THAT you have to send it in yourself, to Germany.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 12/8/2018 at 8:44 PM, brob said:

Perhaps like just a general name and then an explainer below? Remember, this list isn't for experienced people, it's for people who don't know much and just need to find a PSU that'll work well.

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

What about something like this:

Tier A

Tier B

Tier C

so on... with a thing like "find what you actually need below" and it starts going into an small explainer.

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

3 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

What about something like this:

Tier A

Tier B

Tier C

so on... with a thing like "find what you actually need below" and it starts going into an small explainer.

And what is the exact criteria for each tier?

so, with this new teir system, which teirs are the avoid at all costs ones? used to be anything bellow 5 was a claymore with a random number generator if it would go off so where do those go here? OP dosnt really make much clear about the quality, just the comparative quality

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On 12/16/2018 at 10:25 AM, Stefan Payne said:

THEY do, be quiet doesn't.

Wich means that for the first 3 Years the Dealer does the Warranty for you.
AFTER THAT you have to send it in yourself, to Germany.

I am curious, do you work for Be Quiet?, Or are you just a "fanboy" towards their products?

1 hour ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I am curious, do you work for Be Quiet?, Or are you just a "fanboy" towards their products?

well, they are pretty cheap around Germany, so it might just be that. But I agree there are more options avaliable. and I would believe if he works for them