D.O.C.P Not working. PC posted safe mode

Just upgraded my rig to the following

-Asus Prime X-470 Pro

-Ryzen 2700x

-Trident Z 3000 2x8 3000mhz (running at 2133)

So after flashing bios to the most recent update I can find (Version 4024 9/7/2018) I went into my bios and realized my ram was only running at 2133 and not the rated 3000. I've tried manually entering timings/speed/voltage and using the D.O.C.P settings. However, my system keeps posting in a safe mode and it make me revert my changes. My ram are in DIMM A1 and B1. I have already checked the list of compatible rams with this motherboard. Someone help please.

Am currently flashing, is there something that messed with the bios and ram post 4018?

I flashed to 4018 and tried DOCP unfortunately nothing so I will enter the timings voltage and speed manually, if this doesnt work, what should I do?

So manually and DOCP did not work after updating to 4018. Is there anything else?

Just now, TrigrH said:

swap the sticks around

Should I throw them in A2/B2 instead of DIMMS a1b1? Or just literally put them in the opposits?

1 minute ago, Fluxaroo said:

Should I throw them in A2/B2 instead of DIMMS a1b1? Or just literally put them in the opposits?

i was talking opposite, but you can try both, I've had it fix booting issues in the past.

Just now, TrigrH said:

i was talking opposite, but you can try both, I've had it fix booting issues in the past.

Booting isnt the problem if I stay at 2133, just when i try DOCP or manual OC just to be clear. But I will try

20 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

I cant believe swapping DIMMS worked. Thanks for the simple yet helpful advice!!!

• 2 months later...

I just had this EXACT same problem with a Asus B450-ma, Ryzen 5 2600, and Corsair 3000 2x8GB.  Swapping the DIMMS to A2/B2 then re-enabling DOCP worked great!  Everything is at top speed now.  Thanks a ton for this advice.

You should always check the manual for RAM installation.  Different board manufacturers link RAM slots to the CPU in varying ways.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 10/25/2018 at 4:21 AM, TrigrH said:

I have 4 RAM chips and I am having the exact same problem. I was wondering if I still need to swap my chips around even though all four motherboard slots are already in use?

13 hours ago, Level100Noob said:

I have 4 RAM chips and I am having the exact same problem. I was wondering if I still need to swap my chips around even though all four motherboard slots are already in use?

4 sticks often wont reach XMP speed on ryzen unless you have optimal conditions. 

High quality ram, updated bios, strong motherboard etc.

Load XMP then lower the speed before saving changes.

This post saved me. ASUS TUF Gaming x570-Plus with Ryzen 3700x won't boot when enabling DOCP. But when changed the slot to A2/B2 instead of A1/B1, it worked like charm.

Let it be known that ALL modern mainstream platforms will prefer A2/B2 for 2 DIMM configurations due to most using a daisy-chain memory topology, with many refusing to work at all on A1/B1 for 2 DIMM. Now that you all have that issue solved, I would suggest using ryzen DRAM calculator for ram tuning for those on ryzen systems, it really makes a difference in latency sensitive applications.

8086k Winner BABY!!

Main rig

CPU: R7 5800x3d (-25 all core CO 102 bclk)

Board: Gigabyte B550 AD UC

Cooler: Corsair H150i AIO

Ram: 32gb HP V10 RGB 3200 C14 (3733 C14) tuned subs

GPU: EVGA XC3 RTX 3080 (+120 core +950 mem 90% PL)

Case: Thermaltake H570 TG Snow Edition

PSU: Fractal ION Plus 760w Platinum  

SSD: 1tb Teamgroup MP34  2tb Mushkin Pilot-E

Monitors: 32" Samsung Odyssey G7 (1440p 240hz), Some FHD Acer 24" VA

GFs System

CPU: E5 1660v3 (4.3ghz 1.2v)

Mobo: Gigabyte x99 UD3P

Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO

Ram: 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 C16 (3000 C14)

GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 Super 

Case: Phanteks P400A Mesh

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650w

SSD: Kingston NV1 2tb

Monitors: 27" Viotek GFT27DB (1440p 144hz), Some 24" BENQ 1080p IPS