When will the Litecoin mining craze settle down?

Bluethulhu

I've been looking at some GPUs for a while now, and I'm probably set on the R9 290. I think I'll wait a few months before I buy it, but I'm wondering if it will go back down to it's launch price of $400 anytime soon. I could probably even everything out if they go back down, considering my GPU would be worth less after the Maxwell launch. When will the mining difficulty become so high mining isn't worth it anymore?

Spoiler

LTC ASICS are coming soon... that's when the cards will go down. But, that isn't till either Q2 or Q3 of this year :/

People work like objects in space. When a large movement is formed the momentum it picks up gets harder to dissipate. The law of inertia states that that objects do not stop unless they are acted upon. The bitcoin craze has gotten so big it will take a pretty large amount of force to dissipate the craze. A large amount of force or it will just die out on it's own over time as the momentum shifts away from the movement.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

When people will realize NSA's behind it! Jk

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I wonder if the price will spike any higher than ~$40

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Never, people will mine other coins.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird