WHUTUFK Amazon: Empty package

Metallus97
1 hour ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

That just verified you have never fired off a blank.

6 hours ago, Keith W said:

Never fired off a blank before huh?

@Lady Fitzgerald is right in what they say

You are correct that I have never fired a blank, according to the research that I just did, blanks can be dangerous as you said, so I stand corrected.

but back to the "surprise package" discussion, we don't know how the person rigged the box, ( I don't remember if this was stated in the video, but I am under the impression it was a shotgun blank) couldn't they have had the part with the blank reinforced so the blank's pieces couldn't make it out? And I doubt any one is going to go to the police and say: "I was trying to steal someone's package and they rigged it with a small explosive charge! Arrest them!"

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

3 hours ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

You are correct that I have never fired a blank, according to the research that I just did, blanks can be dangerous as you said, so I stand corrected.

but back to the "surprise package" discussion, we don't know how the person rigged the box, ( I don't remember if this was stated in the video, but I am under the impression it was a shotgun blank) couldn't they have had the part with the blank reinforced so the blank's pieces couldn't make it out? And I doubt any one is going to go to the police and say: "I was trying to steal someone's package and they rigged it with a small explosive charge! Arrest them!"

Crooks frequently sue the people they are stealing from when they get inured during the crime. Sadly, the courts frequently side with the crooks.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

6 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Crooks frequently sue the people they are stealing from when they get inured during the crime. Sadly, the courts frequently side with the crooks.

Yes, except in Texas. Where you can legally kill a thief with both hands clearly visible around your 80" tv, stealing it.

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

Yes, except in Texas. Where you can legally kill a thief with both hands clearly visible around your 80" tv, stealing it.

Texas is another world. I lived there for four years when I was in college and it was like being in a foreign country that spoke a language that used English words but those words had different meanings. Based on their laws and the high number of executions they have, that is one blood thirsty State.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

6 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Texas

Yes, an eye for an eye unlike LeKanada. Recent case, crack head on a farm, farmer shoots and crown charges, waits for a plea, farmer had a good lawyer and goes to trial, trial dates rolls up quickly and crown backs off with one day to spare, reason was news publicity. Typical scumbags.

Just get carrier to have the receiver sign for package. The post dumps it off in the community mail box or you pick it up from local post kiosk, couriers just leave it at the door or you pick it up at their kiosk.

7 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Yes, an eye for an eye unlike LeKanada. Recent case, crack head on a farm, farmer shoots and crown charges, waits for a plea, farmer had a good lawyer and goes to trial, trial dates rolls up quickly and crown backs off with one day to spare, reason was news publicity. Typical scumbags.

Just get carrier to have the receiver sign for package. The post dumps it off in the community mail box or you pick it up from local post kiosk, couriers just leave it at the door or you pick it up at their kiosk.

I use a private mail service (UPS Store) for my mailing and shipping address. Since it is a commercial address, packages are supposed to be signed for. Sadly, Amazon does not respect that, which is one reason I no longer use Amazon for anyting other than eBooks.

Jeannie

3 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Sadly, Amazon does not respect that, which is one reason I no longer use Amazon for anyting other than eBooks.

Greedy Amazonian's

But its not Amazon that is the courier, its one of the majors, UPS, DHL, FedEx

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

Greedy Amazonian's

But its not Amazon that is the courier, its one of the majors, UPS, DHL, FedEx

The major carriers were not the problem (other than DHL but the problems I've had with DHL happened with all vendors that used those idiots) . The problem was from Amazon Logistics (or whatever they call it now). 

Jeannie

7 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

But if the crook wasn't hurt, I think it would be fine, just need to reinforce the box enough. . .

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

2 hours ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

But if the crook wasn't hurt, I think it would be fine, just need to reinforce the box enough. . .

Then what was the point in using a blank shell? Dog poo inside would be better.

Jeannie

UPDATE:

The fkn Head of Customer care for my county phoned me today and guess what: I am getting a new CPU shipped!

by the way: thanks to all of your suggestions and especially to you: 

On 10/25/2018 at 7:40 AM, TimsTips said:

See if the package got weighed at some point.

Also, I got a free item from amazon the other day. I got a free toilet plumbing snake. Weird.

It actually was way to light to have contained a CPU with heat sink. This is what made them believe it was their fault. 

So yeha tomorrow my 2700X should arrive and I’ll have no time for it until the next weekend :/

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

9 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Then what was the point in using a blank shell? Dog poo inside would be better.

Umm, to scare them? you are nervous as you approach to steal someone's package, you heart starts racing when you run up and reach down, and suddenly as you grab it, BANG

Doesn't sound fun?

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

1 hour ago, Metallus97 said:

UPDATE:

The fkn Head of Customer care for my county phoned me today and guess what: I am getting a new CPU shipped!

by the way: thanks to all of your suggestions and especially to you: 

It actually was way to light to have contained a CPU with heat sink. This is what made them believe it was their fault. 

So yeha tomorrow my 2700X should arrive and I’ll have no time for it until the next weekend :/

Good news, have fun with that!

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.