WHUTUFK Amazon: Empty package

Metallus97

I was SOOOO happy when I got my delivery. I bought a R/ 2700X, but got a empty box.

Now amazon is refusing to send me an new one, because I could be a liar....

Will have to drive there now and prove to em..... 

Next order will be NewEg again.... god I miss NCIX... never had anything of this happen with em

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

I know it was a big problem with Amazon, people 'returning' items, but they are actually returning empty boxes.. Amazon apparently doesn't always check.

Some things to note could be 'weird' things with the package, like torn seal and stuff on the packaging.. Or for example, did you have a cooler in the package even? If so, did it have the thermal paste on it?

Also, how are they going to prove you didn't actually leave the CPU at home..? 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Reminds me of a video where this guy kept getting boxes of bricks from Amazon.

If you bought new and the safety seal was broken I would press harder for a refund, especially if you ordered from Amazon and not a 3rd party affiliate. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Did you have Prime? Usually they kiss your ass if you're a prime member. 

Side note:

Every morning on my commute to work, the business strip I work on has about 8 Amazon prime vans drive between 7:50-8:00 AM. Every other day the maintenance guys find several opened Amazon boxes. Either some of them were completely empty, or people had ravaged and took some of the order. 

They have to fulfill your order, simple as that. 

Good luck resolving your issue.  

Just now, Minibois said:

I know it was a big problem with Amazon, people 'returning' items, but they are actually returning empty boxes.. Amazon apparently doesn't always check.

Some things to note could be 'weird' things with the package, like torn seal and stuff on the packaging.. Or for example, did you have a cooler in the package even? If so, did it have the thermal paste on it?

Also, how are they going to prove you didn't actually leave the CPU at home..? 

Naaa... the packaging from Amazon was empty. I don't have a AMD box XD

and yeah probably they will have to search my home or something LOL

I understand, that it is a big problem and possibility for fraud... but I am pretty screwed now 

1 minute ago, DVA said:

Did you have Prime? Usually they kiss your ass if you're a prime member. 

Side note:

Every morning on my commute to work, the business strip I work on has about 8 Amazon prime vans drive between 7:50-8:00 AM. Every other day the maintenance guys find several opened Amazon boxes. Either some of them were completely empty, or people had ravaged and took some of the order. 

They have to fulfill your order, simple as that. 

Good luck resolving your issue.  

Yes I have Prime and I am a hardcore amazon customer xD

This is the first time this happened 

And sure it will not be the delivery guys fault. I don't think he took the CPU

I've never received anything short of amazing customer service from Amazon, so I'm more incline to think that you're simply going about asking for a resolution the wrong way.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

6 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

Yes I have Prime and I am a hardcore amazon customer xD

This is the first time this happened 

And sure it will not be the delivery guys fault. I don't think he took the CPU

I have heard horror stories from Amazon customers, personally though, I've NEVER had an issue. If I ever did I'd just call and have my issue solved within minutes. 

I don't know if always using Prime has anything to do with it at all?

I've had prime since maybe..2013 or so? I have loved it. I think it's 100 bucks a year and it's so convenient having everything delivered promptly. The deals we can get, especially on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. 

ANYWAY. Yeah I dunno than, you should make a follow up thread and tag me :D

1 minute ago, DVA said:

I have heard horror stories from Amazon customers, personally though, I've NEVER had an issue. If I ever did I'd just call and have my issue solved within minutes. 

I don't know if always using Prime has anything to do with it at all?

I've had prime since maybe..2013 or so? I have loved it. I think it's 100 bucks a month and it's so convenient having everything delivered promptly. The deals we can get, especially on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. 

ANYWAY. Yeah I dunno than, you should make a follow up thread and tag me :D

Yeha i am on the phone with them right now and getting reached through support levels... ill update when I have news

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I've never received anything short of amazing customer service from Amazon, so I'm more incline to think that you're simply going about asking for a resolution the wrong way.

Until this point I also never had any problems. The support was simply amazing. Its part of their buisnes model, they can afford the very very accommodating support and yeah have satisfied customers that way 

Was it something just left at your door, or did you have to sign for it? Also, was it an actual decent (proper) box or one of those smaller ones that isn't really a proper box and that stuff always is just about to fall out of (picked one of these up from my door once and 2 things fell out of it, but miraculously everything was actually there)?

19 minutes ago, DVA said:

100 bucks a month

Image result for choking spit take

*dies inside a bit while choking...

I um, I think you spelled year wrong XD

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

27 minutes ago, IntMD said:

Was it something just left at your door, or did you have to sign for it? Also, was it an actual decent (proper) box or one of those smaller ones that isn't really a proper box and that stuff always is just about to fall out of (picked one of these up from my door once and 2 things fell out of it, but miraculously everything was actually there)?

Had to sing for it. Was a proper box, WAY to large (this is also a point which bugs me. They waist so much packaging...)

But yea... since I did sing it I am in trouble now. Their somewhat super uber mega support manager wants to call me tomorrow and talk to me. Its late where I live so that is ok and yeah we will see

This will get resolved. If not you are handling it the wrong way. Just be firm with with them. Let me them know you ordered an item and all you received was an empty box which is 100% unacceptable and that you expect them to make it right.

My guess will be you will get the item over-nighted and either 3-6 months free prime or an account credit of $20-40. That seems to be the resolution I get anytime I have a problem. Hell I get those types of offers when they get an item to me late. Amazon is as popular and successful as it is because of the convenience and quality of their service. If the service goes down hill they become a less convenient options and more people go back to the brick and mortar stores.

43 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I have to agree with this. 

Newegg has a harder RMA process than Amazon.  My best *return* with Amazon that I didn't expect:

Bought a huge collection of MTG cards, which included XX amount of rares etc.  From third party seller.  I received the package of thousands and thousands of cards, went through them...and didn't receive enough rares.  I contacted Amazon...immediate refund and was told to keep the sellers items and not return them.  This wasn't a small collection and it wasn't a small amount of money.  I was flabbergasted by this one!

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Weird. Never had anything but excellent service from Amazon on two continents. Were there any signs on the box?

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Just now, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Weird. Never had anything but excellent service from Amazon on two continents. Were there any signs on the box?

NOP. I guess some worker there has simply screwed up. 

Or has a nice CPU now LOL

15 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

NOP. I guess some worker there has simply screwed up. 

Or has a nice CPU now LOL

I guess if one of their employees in your area buys an AM4 motherboard in the next few weeks they know who did it

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

She/they 

Never had an issue with Amazon customer service (phone support that is). Thier delivery driver stole a 2600 dollar lens, marking it delivered when I was home. I called them immediately and they dropped shipped me a new one via USPS instead of their shipper.

That's one thing too, ask for a different courier than before. 

Had this happen a few times (with smaller items) before Amazon flagged my account to not use Amazon Logistics at that address.

The bigger box than needed is purely for filling the truck. A computer does the world's best Tetris plan and they get loaded that way. It's to save fuel and keep products from falling around as much in the truck.

shit happens, either someone just forgot to put the cpu in the amazon box or some employee on it's way out just said "screw it" ?

didn't you noticed that the package was too light?

A nice trick (at least we do it in my country) is to make the delivery guy wait while you open the package

8 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I guess if one of their employees in your area buys an AM4 motherboard in the next few weeks they know who did it

Buys?  lol... someone else is getting an empty box man.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

Buys?  lol... someone else is getting an empty box man.

Indeed.

She/they 

27 minutes ago, Evanair said:

...Had this happen a few times (with smaller items) before Amazon flagged my account to not use Amazon Logistics at that address....

How on Earth did you get them to do that? One of the many reasons I don't order anything from Amazon (other than eBooks) is they flat refused to not use Amazon Logistics despite numerous problems with the idiots.

I'm utterly amazed at the number of people claiming to still get excellent service from Amazon after all the problems I had with them, including picking the wrong items, poor packaging, poor delivery service, worthless customer "service" agents (or bots?), etc.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

39 minutes ago, asus killer said:

shit happens, either someone just forgot to put the cpu in the amazon box or some employee on it's way out just said "screw it" ?

I doubt Amazon trusts their warehouse employees and would have implemented technological measures to prevent anything like this. I don't know if it was Amazon but I have seen other warehouse type fulfilment sites where they have to scan each item in, and the final weight is checked before it goes out. You can't "forget" an item without it going undetected. When you add an item to be sold through Amazon, they demand various physical properties including weight.

If something happens after it leaves the warehouse is another matter.

39 minutes ago, asus killer said:

A nice trick (at least we do it in my country) is to make the delivery guy wait while you open the package

Some companies here seal with a tape that says, if the tape has been tampered with, do not sign for it unless contents inspected. This can be a problem if for example they try to deliver to a neighbour when you're out who doesn't know better.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Wow, that sucks, I've never heard of this happening before, I know someone who uses Amazon a lot and I don't think this has ever happened to them, good luck with getting it!

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14