Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Metallus97

WHUTUFK Amazon: Empty package

Posted · Original PosterOP

I was SOOOO happy when I got my delivery. I bought a R/ 2700X, but got a empty box.

Now amazon is refusing to send me an new one, because I could be a liar....

Will have to drive there now and prove to em..... 

Next order will be NewEg again.... god I miss NCIX... never had anything of this happen with em

Join the LTT folding team and support the cure for cancer and various other bad stuff!

Participate in the folding competition! 

I know it was a big problem with Amazon, people 'returning' items, but they are actually returning empty boxes.. Amazon apparently doesn't always check.

Some things to note could be 'weird' things with the package, like torn seal and stuff on the packaging.. Or for example, did you have a cooler in the package even? If so, did it have the thermal paste on it?

Also, how are they going to prove you didn't actually leave the CPU at home..? 

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything." - Bathtub Barracuda

Y O U C A N B E A D D I C T E D T O A C E R T A I N K I N D O F S A D D N E S S

Gear:                    

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ||

Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon ||

RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz (running at 2800Mhz) ||

GPU: Gigabyte Auros RX 580 4GB || 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || 

Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 ||

Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG ||

PSU: Corsair RMx 750W ||

Peripherals:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm ||

Keyboard: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB ||

Graphics tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen Small (2015) ||

Mouse: Asus ROG Gladius ||

Mousepad: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL ||

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Setup: Current setup

Reminds me of a video where this guy kept getting boxes of bricks from Amazon.

If you bought new and the safety seal was broken I would press harder for a refund, especially if you ordered from Amazon and not a 3rd party affiliate. 

"A promise is a promise"

Did you have Prime? Usually they kiss your ass if you're a prime member. 

Side note:

Every morning on my commute to work, the business strip I work on has about 8 Amazon prime vans drive between 7:50-8:00 AM. Every other day the maintenance guys find several opened Amazon boxes. Either some of them were completely empty, or people had ravaged and took some of the order. 

They have to fulfill your order, simple as that. 

Good luck resolving your issue.  

Just now, Minibois said:

I know it was a big problem with Amazon, people 'returning' items, but they are actually returning empty boxes.. Amazon apparently doesn't always check.

Some things to note could be 'weird' things with the package, like torn seal and stuff on the packaging.. Or for example, did you have a cooler in the package even? If so, did it have the thermal paste on it?

Also, how are they going to prove you didn't actually leave the CPU at home..? 

Naaa... the packaging from Amazon was empty. I don't have a AMD box XD

and yeah probably they will have to search my home or something LOL

I understand, that it is a big problem and possibility for fraud... but I am pretty screwed now 

Join the LTT folding team and support the cure for cancer and various other bad stuff!

1 minute ago, DVA said:

Did you have Prime? Usually they kiss your ass if you're a prime member. 

Side note:

Every morning on my commute to work, the business strip I work on has about 8 Amazon prime vans drive between 7:50-8:00 AM. Every other day the maintenance guys find several opened Amazon boxes. Either some of them were completely empty, or people had ravaged and took some of the order. 

They have to fulfill your order, simple as that. 

Good luck resolving your issue.  

Yes I have Prime and I am a hardcore amazon customer xD

This is the first time this happened 

And sure it will not be the delivery guys fault. I don't think he took the CPU

I've never received anything short of amazing customer service from Amazon, so I'm more incline to think that you're simply going about asking for a resolution the wrong way.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

6 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

Yes I have Prime and I am a hardcore amazon customer xD

This is the first time this happened 

And sure it will not be the delivery guys fault. I don't think he took the CPU

I have heard horror stories from Amazon customers, personally though, I've NEVER had an issue. If I ever did I'd just call and have my issue solved within minutes. 

I don't know if always using Prime has anything to do with it at all?

I've had prime since maybe..2013 or so? I have loved it. I think it's 100 bucks a year and it's so convenient having everything delivered promptly. The deals we can get, especially on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. 

ANYWAY. Yeah I dunno than, you should make a follow up thread and tag me :D

1 minute ago, DVA said:

I have heard horror stories from Amazon customers, personally though, I've NEVER had an issue. If I ever did I'd just call and have my issue solved within minutes. 

I don't know if always using Prime has anything to do with it at all?

I've had prime since maybe..2013 or so? I have loved it. I think it's 100 bucks a month and it's so convenient having everything delivered promptly. The deals we can get, especially on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. 

ANYWAY. Yeah I dunno than, you should make a follow up thread and tag me :D

Yeha i am on the phone with them right now and getting reached through support levels... ill update when I have news

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I've never received anything short of amazing customer service from Amazon, so I'm more incline to think that you're simply going about asking for a resolution the wrong way.

Until this point I also never had any problems. The support was simply amazing. Its part of their buisnes model, they can afford the very very accommodating support and yeah have satisfied customers that way 

Was it something just left at your door, or did you have to sign for it? Also, was it an actual decent (proper) box or one of those smaller ones that isn't really a proper box and that stuff always is just about to fall out of (picked one of these up from my door once and 2 things fell out of it, but miraculously everything was actually there)?

27 minutes ago, IntMD said:

Was it something just left at your door, or did you have to sign for it? Also, was it an actual decent (proper) box or one of those smaller ones that isn't really a proper box and that stuff always is just about to fall out of (picked one of these up from my door once and 2 things fell out of it, but miraculously everything was actually there)?

Had to sing for it. Was a proper box, WAY to large (this is also a point which bugs me. They waist so much packaging...)

But yea... since I did sing it I am in trouble now. Their somewhat super uber mega support manager wants to call me tomorrow and talk to me. Its late where I live so that is ok and yeah we will see

This will get resolved. If not you are handling it the wrong way. Just be firm with with them. Let me them know you ordered an item and all you received was an empty box which is 100% unacceptable and that you expect them to make it right.

My guess will be you will get the item over-nighted and either 3-6 months free prime or an account credit of $20-40. That seems to be the resolution I get anytime I have a problem. Hell I get those types of offers when they get an item to me late. Amazon is as popular and successful as it is because of the convenience and quality of their service. If the service goes down hill they become a less convenient options and more people go back to the brick and mortar stores.

43 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I have to agree with this. 

Newegg has a harder RMA process than Amazon.  My best *return* with Amazon that I didn't expect:

Bought a huge collection of MTG cards, which included XX amount of rares etc.  From third party seller.  I received the package of thousands and thousands of cards, went through them...and didn't receive enough rares.  I contacted Amazon...immediate refund and was told to keep the sellers items and not return them.  This wasn't a small collection and it wasn't a small amount of money.  I was flabbergasted by this one!

Ryzen Rig 2: ASrock B450 Pro4 ATX, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker, Corsair HX850 PSU, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiator, 128gb Patriot Scorch NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case.  DSI 90-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Cherry Red switches, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Hannspree HF207 and Acer AL2016W monitors

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Ryzen Rig 1: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case.  Zalman K600S keyboard, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Acer XF270HU 2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37628874?

Dwight: The Mixed Metals Loop Media Center.  Ask me about it.

Micro Form Factor Dell OptiPlex 3040: Dell 0MGK50 A02, i3-6100T, 4gb DDR3 1600, Team Group 120gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro, Logitech K400+, M.2 Intel Wifi/Bluetooth

Linux Box: Toshiba Laptop, i7 620M, NVS graphics, 2gb ram tinker toy at the moment.  Running Manjaro at the moment

Weird. Never had anything but excellent service from Amazon on two continents. Were there any signs on the box?

INTERREX : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8GhZ || CPU COOLER : Wraith Spire || MOBO : MSi X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC || RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB, Crucial P1 500GB, Crucial MX500 1TB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB || PSU: Seasonic 650W w/ Black & Red Extensions || CASE: Phanteks P300 || Monitor: Acer Predator X34A, HP 27yh || KEYBOARD: Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE V2 || Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero || Audio: Steelseries Arctis 5, Logitech C920 || Case Fans : 2x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120, 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000 ||

DIOCLETIAN IV (Forthcoming) : CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.7GhZ || CPU COOLER : Corsair H115i Pro || MOBO : Asus Prime Z370-A || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC || RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V (3200) || SDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB, Crucial P1 500GB, Crucial MX500 1TB, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB || PSU: EVGA G2 850W w/ Cablemod Custom Cables || CASE: NZXT H510 || Monitor: Acer Predator X34A, HP 27yh || KEYBOARD: Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE V2 || Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero || Audio: Steelseries Arctis 5, Logitech C920 || Case Fans : 2x Corsair ML140, 3x Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 ||

JUSTINIAN - Dell XPS 15": CPU: Core i7-9750H || GPU: GTX 1650 || RAM: 2*8GB 2666MhZ DDR4 SODIMM || SSD: 1TB M.2 PCIe || CASE: 15.6" Laptop with dBrand skin || Monitor: 15" 1920 * 1080 IPS || KEYBOARD: Dell Keyboard || Mouse: Logitech G305 White || Audio: Skullcandy Earbuds

VESPASIAN (Travel) (Forthcoming) : CPU: Core i7-7700K @4.4 GhZ || CPU COOLER : BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 || MOBO : MSi Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC || RAM: 2x8GB GeIL Super Luce RGB (2400) || SSDs: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB || PSU: Corsair TX550M || CASE: Phanteks EVOLV ITX || Monitor: Acer KG271U (1440p, 144HZ) || KEYBOARD: Redragon K552 || Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 310 || Audio: SteelSeries Arctis 5 || Case Fans : 3x Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 ||

OTHER : Dell Latitude (i7-6600U, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD) || MacBook Pro Mid 2013 || Various half-assembled towers ||

MOBILE : Galaxy S7 (32GB + 64GB uSD, main phone) || Honor 7X (Europe) || iPad Air 2 || Rooted Kindle FIre 7" ||

ONGOING : PowerMac G5 workstation || 

DESK : 2x IKEA Gerton tabletop, 7x Olav table leg, 1x Alex drawer, 4x Capita leg

Just now, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Weird. Never had anything but excellent service from Amazon on two continents. Were there any signs on the box?

NOP. I guess some worker there has simply screwed up. 

Or has a nice CPU now LOL

15 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

NOP. I guess some worker there has simply screwed up. 

Or has a nice CPU now LOL

I guess if one of their employees in your area buys an AM4 motherboard in the next few weeks they know who did it

INTERREX : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8GhZ || CPU COOLER : Wraith Spire || MOBO : MSi X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC || RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB, Crucial P1 500GB, Crucial MX500 1TB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB || PSU: Seasonic 650W w/ Black & Red Extensions || CASE: Phanteks P300 || Monitor: Acer Predator X34A, HP 27yh || KEYBOARD: Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE V2 || Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero || Audio: Steelseries Arctis 5, Logitech C920 || Case Fans : 2x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120, 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000 ||

DIOCLETIAN IV (Forthcoming) : CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.7GhZ || CPU COOLER : Corsair H115i Pro || MOBO : Asus Prime Z370-A || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC || RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V (3200) || SDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB, Crucial P1 500GB, Crucial MX500 1TB, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB || PSU: EVGA G2 850W w/ Cablemod Custom Cables || CASE: NZXT H510 || Monitor: Acer Predator X34A, HP 27yh || KEYBOARD: Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE V2 || Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero || Audio: Steelseries Arctis 5, Logitech C920 || Case Fans : 2x Corsair ML140, 3x Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 ||

JUSTINIAN - Dell XPS 15": CPU: Core i7-9750H || GPU: GTX 1650 || RAM: 2*8GB 2666MhZ DDR4 SODIMM || SSD: 1TB M.2 PCIe || CASE: 15.6" Laptop with dBrand skin || Monitor: 15" 1920 * 1080 IPS || KEYBOARD: Dell Keyboard || Mouse: Logitech G305 White || Audio: Skullcandy Earbuds

VESPASIAN (Travel) (Forthcoming) : CPU: Core i7-7700K @4.4 GhZ || CPU COOLER : BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 || MOBO : MSi Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC || RAM: 2x8GB GeIL Super Luce RGB (2400) || SSDs: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB || PSU: Corsair TX550M || CASE: Phanteks EVOLV ITX || Monitor: Acer KG271U (1440p, 144HZ) || KEYBOARD: Redragon K552 || Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 310 || Audio: SteelSeries Arctis 5 || Case Fans : 3x Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 ||

OTHER : Dell Latitude (i7-6600U, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD) || MacBook Pro Mid 2013 || Various half-assembled towers ||

MOBILE : Galaxy S7 (32GB + 64GB uSD, main phone) || Honor 7X (Europe) || iPad Air 2 || Rooted Kindle FIre 7" ||

DESK : 2x IKEA Gerton tabletop, 7x Olav table leg, 1x Alex drawer, 4x Capita leg

Never had an issue with Amazon customer service (phone support that is). Thier delivery driver stole a 2600 dollar lens, marking it delivered when I was home. I called them immediately and they dropped shipped me a new one via USPS instead of their shipper.

That's one thing too, ask for a different courier than before. 

Had this happen a few times (with smaller items) before Amazon flagged my account to not use Amazon Logistics at that address.

The bigger box than needed is purely for filling the truck. A computer does the world's best Tetris plan and they get loaded that way. It's to save fuel and keep products from falling around as much in the truck.

shit happens, either someone just forgot to put the cpu in the amazon box or some employee on it's way out just said "screw it" 😁

didn't you noticed that the package was too light?

A nice trick (at least we do it in my country) is to make the delivery guy wait while you open the package

8 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I guess if one of their employees in your area buys an AM4 motherboard in the next few weeks they know who did it

Buys?  lol... someone else is getting an empty box man.

"A promise is a promise"

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

Buys?  lol... someone else is getting an empty box man.

Indeed.

27 minutes ago, Evanair said:

...Had this happen a few times (with smaller items) before Amazon flagged my account to not use Amazon Logistics at that address....

How on Earth did you get them to do that? One of the many reasons I don't order anything from Amazon (other than eBooks) is they flat refused to not use Amazon Logistics despite numerous problems with the idiots.

I'm utterly amazed at the number of people claiming to still get excellent service from Amazon after all the problems I had with them, including picking the wrong items, poor packaging, poor delivery service, worthless customer "service" agents (or bots?), etc.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

39 minutes ago, asus killer said:

shit happens, either someone just forgot to put the cpu in the amazon box or some employee on it's way out just said "screw it" 😁

I doubt Amazon trusts their warehouse employees and would have implemented technological measures to prevent anything like this. I don't know if it was Amazon but I have seen other warehouse type fulfilment sites where they have to scan each item in, and the final weight is checked before it goes out. You can't "forget" an item without it going undetected. When you add an item to be sold through Amazon, they demand various physical properties including weight.

If something happens after it leaves the warehouse is another matter.

39 minutes ago, asus killer said:

A nice trick (at least we do it in my country) is to make the delivery guy wait while you open the package

Some companies here seal with a tape that says, if the tape has been tampered with, do not sign for it unless contents inspected. This can be a problem if for example they try to deliver to a neighbour when you're out who doesn't know better.

Main rig: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700k stock, Noctua D14, G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 2x8GB, Gigabyte GTX 1650, Corsair HX750i, In Win 303 NVIDIA, Samsung SM951 512GB, WD Blue 1TB, HP LP2475W 1200p wide gamut

Gaming system: Asrock Z370 Pro4, i7-8086k stock, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance LPX RGB 3000 2x8GB, Gigabyte RTX 2070, Fractal Edison 550W PSU, Corsair 600C, Optane 900p 280GB, Crucial MX200 1TB, Sandisk 960GB, Acer Predator XB241YU 1440p 144Hz G-sync

Ryzen rig: Asrock B450 ITX, R5 3600, Noctua D9L, Corsair Vengeance LPX RGB 3000 2x4GB, EVGA GTX 970, Corsair CX450M, NZXT Manta, Crucial MX300 525GB, Acer RT280K

VR rig: Asus Z170I Pro Gaming, i7-6600k stock, Silverstone TD03-E, Kingston Hyper-X 2666 2x8GB, Zotac 1070 FE, Corsair CX450M, Silverstone SG13, Samsung PM951 256GB, HTC Vive

Gaming laptop: Asus FX503VD, i5-7300HQ, 2x8GB DDR4, GTX 1050, Sandisk 256GB SSD

Total CPU heating: i7-7800X, i7-5930k, i7-5820k, 2x i7-6700k, i7-6700T, i5-6600k, i7-5775C, i5-5675C, i5-4570S, i3-8350k, i3-6100, i3-4360, i3-4150T, E5-2683v3, 2x E5-2650, E5-2667, R7 3700X, R5 3600

Last month I had ordered a couple of items from Amazon.

When the order arrived and I opened the box one of the items was missing.

I called Amazon customer support and let them know about the missing item , they said they would need to investigate, I simply said investigate all you like but I want this resolved by way of an immediate refund.

My money was back in my account the next day

Dance like no ones watching. Encrypt like everyone is.

Mouse potato - The online generations version of a couch potato