PSU Cables

Hello! I want to do custom Cables for my PC Build. Im going to be using the PSU RM650x

Im just confused about what cables i need? cause i dont want to buy cables i dont need.

And its also extremely expensive! Unless you have a good cheap website for other cables.

I really need help to know what cables i need to buy for the PC To work as normal (CustomCables)

The 24 pin ATX, however many 4/8 pin CPU connectors your motherboard has, however many 6/8 pin PCIe connectors your PCIe devices need, however many molex connectors you need for whatever, and however many SATA connectors you need for your SATA powered storage. 

:)

39 minutes ago, seon123 said:

The 24 pin ATX, however many 4/8 pin CPU connectors your motherboard has, however many 6/8 pin PCIe connectors your PCIe devices need, however many molex connectors you need for whatever, and however many SATA connectors you need for your SATA powered storage. 

Yea, what @seon123said.
Also you can also consider using custom cable extension if you can visually hide the original cables.

8 hours ago, w1nger1 said:

Also you can also consider using custom cable extension if you can visually hide the original cables.

Don't.  Bad idea.  Horrible idea.  Remove effectiveness of sense wires on 24-pin.  Add resistance with longer conductor.  Add additional point of failure with additional connector.  There are no positives with using extensions unless your PSU isn't modular and you can't swap out the whole cable.

Look at the price of an entire kit versus individual cables as sometimes the kits are better value.

But for the most part, in 99% of chassis out there, you can only see the 24-pin (and even then, barely), the EPS12V (again, barely) and the PCIe.  You might even get away with just buying nice PCIe cables since you can barely see the other cables (if you do a proper job and route your cables under and/or behind the motherboard.

As far as what cables are visible:  A lot depends on what chassis you're going to use, which you have not stated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2018 at 1:24 AM, jonnyGURU said:

Remove effectiveness of sense wires on 24-pin.

Sorry for the late response, it's been a busy few days.

Anyway, what do you mean by that? Your other points I understand and somewhat agree to.

8 minutes ago, w1nger1 said:

Sorry for the late response, it's been a busy few days.

Anyway, what do you mean by that? Your other points I understand and somewhat agree to.

The sense wires take a voltage reading from the load and reports back to the PSU.  If there's a noticeable drop, the PSU can compensate on that rail.  Extension cables don't have sense wires.  So the sense wire on the stock cable only senses the voltage where you plug in the extension, but not all the way to the load.

49 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

The sense wires take a voltage reading from the load and reports back to the PSU.  If there's a noticeable drop, the PSU can compensate on that rail.  Extension cables don't have sense wires.  So the sense wire on the stock cable only senses the voltage where you plug in the extension, but not all the way to the load.

Awesome, good to learn something new, thanks!

On 10/24/2018 at 2:42 AM, HyperYao said:

Hello! I want to do custom Cables for my PC Build. Im going to be using the PSU RM650x

Im just confused about what cables i need? cause i dont want to buy cables i dont need.

And its also extremely expensive! Unless you have a good cheap website for other cables.

I really need help to know what cables i need to buy for the PC To work as normal (CustomCables)

On the expense ...

A) They are a luxury and priced as such. They aren't necessary. You PSU will come with the cables that you need.

B) If you've ever sleeved cables yourself, you'll realize very quickly why they are expensive.