Content Ban-anza - YouTube to ban video uploads

rcmaehl
4 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

I’m more interested in the rapid increase of uploads to YouTube. They had to change something. Especially considering last I heard they still lose money on YouTube, it’s crazy the infrastructure YouTube is actually running.

Interesting perspective, a way for google to shift toward lucrative corporate content only while having a stab and blaming the EU for the it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

nvm, only EU

Edited by DKL
nvm, only EU

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

Interesting perspective, a way for google to shift toward lucrative corporate content only while having a stab and blaming the EU for the it.

Well, I'm not necessarily supporting this decision, I'm just trying to see things from their perspective. They seem very unstable out the moment and as soon as advertisers choose not to advertise on certain videos they go into panic mode, all while having an unpredictable algorithm running everything in the background.

I don't think we appreciate how impressive the YouTube infrastructure is and also how expensive it is to run. There is clearly too much content being uploaded so they're going to have to figure something out. At this rate, 1200 hours of content will be uploaded per minute by 2020! It's ridiculous.

On 10/22/2018 at 3:00 PM, iRileyx said:

they'd try to push people to "support" their favourite channels by becoming a paid sub to them.

I'd blow my fucking head off with a shotgun before having to pay to watch a youtube video. Like I'm already paying for internet...

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 hour ago, Arokhantos said:

It can falsely flag videos and it has happened to me before, a news channel claiming a Overwatch video

That's not what I'm talking about though. I'm well aware of the downsides of a filtering system, including ContentID.

What I'm asking is why the requirement to have a filter would be a problem for Youtube as a company. Because they already have such a filter.

47 minutes ago, Arokhantos said:

Like i say'd its unreliable falsely flags videos but also does't flag certain videos that are speed up or distorted slightly.

The law/regulations say nothing about it actually have to be 100% accurate. It just say it's need "reasonable effort" or something. In my mind, that means basically that they need to be working on improving it when they notice something it does wrong, not that it needs to be perfect.

Google doesn't have to do what they say they are going to so because of the law to not break it, they just say it because they just want it to happen and want citizens like the regular person to be more against it to make it less likely to happen.

The not copy too much of a news article and share it without original news site getting anything is more of a big deal for Google than that. Because they already have an filter on YouTube.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

EU and China competing with each other on how to be the most oppressive regions in the world.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

1 hour ago, Kamina said:

EU and China competing with each other on how to be the most oppressive regions in the world.

A million people in reeducation camps vs. some regulations on multinational corporations. Yes I can see how that's definitely comparable.

4 hours ago, Kamina said:

Well, at least we don't need to pay $99,99/month for unlimited data plans*.

[*unlimited data plan includes 20GB at full speed and after that $0.99 per extra GB at full speed, also some other limitations may apply. By singing this contract you also give up your right to sue us in any case or change your operator to any of our competitions for the next 100 years, because freedom]

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

?