Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
looney

Can you help me find a replacement battery for my laptop?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm looking for a replacement battery for my laptop but I can't find one.

 

I'ts a Yuasa NP4.2-6H 6V, 4.2Ah battery, but I can't find it in shops, can you help me find a replacement?

 

 

Thanks!


Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, looney said:

I'm looking for a replacement battery for my laptop but I can't find one.

I'ts a Yuasa HP4.2-6H 6V, 4.2Ah battery, but I can't find it in shops, can you help me find a replacement?

Thanks!

What's the make and model of your laptop? I have access to parts lists for certain manufacturers laptops from a prior job so I might be able to find it. If not, knowing the model or having a picture of the battery's numbers / label would be a big help in locating a replacement.


Desktop: KRySTaLoGi-PC Build Log (i7-4790K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Bell - Unlimited Calling & Texting + 10GB Data
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | HP Touchpad | ASUS ME302C
Camera: Canon SX280 + Rebel T1i (500D) | Sony HDR-AS50R | Panasonic DMC-TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, kirashi said:

What's the make and model of your laptop? I have access to parts lists for certain manufacturers laptops from a prior job so I might be able to find it. If not, knowing the model or having a picture of the battery's numbers / label would be a big help in locating a replacement.

It's a Sharp PC-4641 and as stated before it uses a Yuasa HP4.2-6H 6V 4.2Ah battery. 


Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, looney said:

It's a Sharp PC-4641 and as stated before it uses a Yuasa HP4.2-6H 6V 4.2Ah battery. 

Yikes, that's a vintage PC if I ever saw one. :) Looks like you might have a typo in your battery model, or they have slightly different prefixes depending on whether it's an OEM battery or SHARP branded battery. I believe you're looking for an NP4.2-6WR battery, which matches the 6V 4.2Ah rating you've provided.

https://www.energyplusbatteries.com/PD64c2v07e2/NP42_6WR-SHARP-PC4600-PC4602-PC4641-Sealed-Lead-Acid-Battery

https://www.store.yahoo.com/valueram/sharpcpcpcsl.html

http://www.batterypowerplus.com/store.php?f=view&amp;item=3117&amp;brand=SHARP&amp;model=PC4600

https://www.conrad.de/de/yuasa-np4-6-np4-6-bleiakku-6-v-4-ah-blei-vlies-agm-b-x-h-x-t-70-x-106-x-47-mm-flachstecker-48-mm-wartungsfrei-250839.html

 

As for where you'll be able to buy one locally... um... or even online on a common place like eBay or Amazon, welp. It's old, so you might have to see if APC by Schneider Electric makes an equivalently size of battery of the same volts & amp hours.


Desktop: KRySTaLoGi-PC Build Log (i7-4790K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Bell - Unlimited Calling & Texting + 10GB Data
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | HP Touchpad | ASUS ME302C
Camera: Canon SX280 + Rebel T1i (500D) | Sony HDR-AS50R | Panasonic DMC-TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, kirashi said:

Yikes, that's a vintage PC if I ever saw one. :) Looks like you might have a typo in your battery model, or they have slightly different prefixes depending on whether it's an OEM battery or SHARP branded battery. I believe you're looking for an NP4.2-6WR battery, which matches the 6V 4.2Ah rating you've provided.

https://www.energyplusbatteries.com/PD64c2v07e2/NP42_6WR-SHARP-PC4600-PC4602-PC4641-Sealed-Lead-Acid-Battery

https://www.store.yahoo.com/valueram/sharpcpcpcsl.html

http://www.batterypowerplus.com/store.php?f=view&amp;item=3117&amp;brand=SHARP&amp;model=PC4600

https://www.conrad.de/de/yuasa-np4-6-np4-6-bleiakku-6-v-4-ah-blei-vlies-agm-b-x-h-x-t-70-x-106-x-47-mm-flachstecker-48-mm-wartungsfrei-250839.html

 

As for where you'll be able to buy one locally... um... or even online on a common place like eBay or Amazon, welp. It's old, so you might have to see if APC by Schneider Electric makes an equivalently size of battery of the same volts & amp hours.

Whoops typo indeed, it's indeed a NP4.2-6H but it's no longer produced anymore. Hence is why I'm looking for a replacement. Though I don't believe that the size standard still exists. 

 

The NP4-6 is to big. 

 

I have checked CSB, pbq, B.B, Universal Power and Yuasa but they don't seem to have them. 

 

PS: APC uses CSB and pbq batteries so no point in asking them :)


Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×