Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Master Disaster

YouTube is now messing with the Super Chat feature of live streams

Ahh yes, the left's boogieman - "harassment".   You know whose harassing?  THEM.  

So very tired of hearing this crap.  It has nothing to do with harassment in the way you think it does.  Their 'AI' does NOT work any better then an IRC client.  It's actually kinda worse.

Virtue SIgnaling, nothing more.  

You're welcome.

It's evolving... 

Comments being altered.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

47 minutes ago, Kamina said:

It's evolving... 

Comments being altered.

Lol. So you know how he mentioned that it looked like some crap that google translate poops out? It is. The posts aren't actually being edited. He's wrong as it happens. Google integration has auto detection and translation of various web pages. The post isnt actually being changed, but Google is automatically translating the post from what it thinks is a different language into English. If you cant find what part of the page is triggering the auto translate, all you have to do to fix the issue is disable page translation without prompts.

How do I know this? It's happened to me. I lost my shit and was freaking out trying to figure out what's going on (I was messaging a friend through this and other sites.) She screenshot proved that my sent message was the same as the one I typed, but it showed up different on my page.

This isnt related to the current topic.

EDIT: Replicated the issue as proof. It was probably from Russian to English. Side-note, my example problem was also due to auto-detection of Russian. My friend being from a former soviet republic and my having typed a bit of russian (I have a very basic understanding) in our dialogue before that point.

This behavior doesn't occur with most languages that write using a roman script, so most of the time, we wouldn't notice an errant translation attempt.

Most languages just spit back out english words as is if they don't match up exactly to known words in Google translate. This isn't done in Russian because the alphabet is different and google attempts to translate people's butchered beliefs of how russian words sound/should be spelled in roman script (instead of cryllic). Like Da Svidaniya is not actually how the word is spelled. It is spelled до свидания, but the stress of the language make it sound sorta like da svidaniya. Ergo when translating languages using a different script by default, google attempts to "interpret" what you mean when you don't spell things correctly, while languages that use Roman scripts instead tends to just spit it back out unchanged.

Capture.thumb.PNG.79803e1676fa49d0f860f163da74870f.PNG

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Galaxy S9+ - XPS 13 (9343 UHD+) - Samsung Note Tab 7.0 - Lenovo Y580

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

2 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

isnt actually being changed, but Google is automatically translating the post from what it thinks is a different language into English.

So yes, it is being changed.

Change is change.

54 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

So yes, it is being changed.

Change is change.

The post stored on the site isnt being changed. The post other people see isnt being changed. The text HE sees changes because autotranslate is running. Turn it off and the issue disappears.

It's nothing to do with censor or conspiracy or anything. You read the comments of the video and its half people typing the comment without any issue. Because there is no issue. 

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Galaxy S9+ - XPS 13 (9343 UHD+) - Samsung Note Tab 7.0 - Lenovo Y580

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Proof. Issue replicated.

image.thumb.png.a060b3156f297c8f349ceb874493a473.png

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

And there's yet another question.

What exactly does Google define "hate speech" as?

Is it stuff that only stem from the so-called "alt-right"? Or is it derogatory remarks made by anyone with the intention to hurt regardless of political affiliation and gender/race?

Please tag me if you need assistance or if you want me to contribute to a topic 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

I'll gladly take $20 for someone to call my X, Y, or Z. It's not like I have to read it on stream. And gasp maybe some people on the internet send you hurtful messages. They still don't have to pay for that either. Now it's a problem because you get money out of it? Okay then.

yeah, nope youtube, i'd rather take the insults with the cash than give it to charity 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

7 hours ago, Jito463 said:

I already addressed this on the first page of the thread.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/985423-youtube-is-now-messing-with-the-super-chat-feature-of-live-streams/?do=findComment&comment=11877319

I don't trust YT to not abuse this, and sanction their ideological foes in the guise of stopping "hate speech".  You think it's okay because you believe it's directed at legitimate targets, but you're the one assuming if you believe it will stop at racists.

wait a minute. I read something and gave my opinion on that. You read something and assumed something else.

You can be right, but when and if abuse happens then will talk, and this is YT and youtubers, we'll know.

14 hours ago, aezakmi said:

O H  N O  I'm gonna kill myself because of a chat message!!11 I'm offended!!! It's OK to be everything except a white male!1!!

2018/9/etc in a fucking rotten nutshell

There is a difference between being pissed and offended...

Google, when it ain't broke .. don't fix it.

They don't get that do they?

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Whatever they want it to be.

Actually its whatever their bots decide it to be, which is even worse.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Windows 10 Pro X64 |

Server:-

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B running OMV Arrakis and an 8TB Seagate USB 3.0 external HDD

Simple answer, the YouTube cut goes directly to charity, the streamer can set a flag to auto accept, or deny the flagged messages.

Alternatively have an option to select if they want to have a look through them and decide themselves which they don't like, or want & give them 7 days (for example) to go through them at which point the money goes whichever way they have a default flag set to (either them or a charity) so they don't have to look at them if they don't want to and it just gets defaulted how the streamer wants it to be. This may also help train the AI on what that particular stream deems acceptable.

I'm curious about the legality of taking the money under false pretenses.  I can completely see denying the donation for "insert any reason here".  But I don't understand how it can be legal to take someone's money, then say you gave it to their intended recipient, but then give the money to someone else.  I mean, if I use Paypal to send someone money for cheese, and Paypal thinks cheese is bad for you, so it gives the money to "charity", that can't be legal.  Can it?  How can a business be allowed to essentially lie to a paying "customer"??

7 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Actually its whatever their bots decide it to be, which is even worse.

Great point.

A.I. is dangerous!