YouTube is now messing with the Super Chat feature of live streams

Master Disaster

And there's yet another question.

What exactly does Google define "hate speech" as?

Is it stuff that only stem from the so-called "alt-right"? Or is it derogatory remarks made by anyone with the intention to hurt regardless of political affiliation and gender/race?

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

I'll gladly take $20 for someone to call my X, Y, or Z. It's not like I have to read it on stream. And gasp maybe some people on the internet send you hurtful messages. They still don't have to pay for that either. Now it's a problem because you get money out of it? Okay then.

yeah, nope youtube, i'd rather take the insults with the cash than give it to charity 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

7 hours ago, Jito463 said:

I already addressed this on the first page of the thread.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/985423-youtube-is-now-messing-with-the-super-chat-feature-of-live-streams/?do=findComment&amp;comment=11877319

I don't trust YT to not abuse this, and sanction their ideological foes in the guise of stopping "hate speech".  You think it's okay because you believe it's directed at legitimate targets, but you're the one assuming if you believe it will stop at racists.

wait a minute. I read something and gave my opinion on that. You read something and assumed something else.

You can be right, but when and if abuse happens then will talk, and this is YT and youtubers, we'll know.

14 hours ago, aezakmi said:

O H  N O  I'm gonna kill myself because of a chat message!!11 I'm offended!!! It's OK to be everything except a white male!1!!

2018/9/etc in a fucking rotten nutshell

There is a difference between being pissed and offended...

Google, when it ain't broke .. don't fix it.

They don't get that do they?

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

4 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

What exactly does Google define "hate speech" as?

Whatever they want it to be.

3 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Whatever they want it to be.

Actually its whatever their bots decide it to be, which is even worse.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Simple answer, the YouTube cut goes directly to charity, the streamer can set a flag to auto accept, or deny the flagged messages.

Alternatively have an option to select if they want to have a look through them and decide themselves which they don't like, or want & give them 7 days (for example) to go through them at which point the money goes whichever way they have a default flag set to (either them or a charity) so they don't have to look at them if they don't want to and it just gets defaulted how the streamer wants it to be. This may also help train the AI on what that particular stream deems acceptable.

I'm curious about the legality of taking the money under false pretenses.  I can completely see denying the donation for "insert any reason here".  But I don't understand how it can be legal to take someone's money, then say you gave it to their intended recipient, but then give the money to someone else.  I mean, if I use Paypal to send someone money for cheese, and Paypal thinks cheese is bad for you, so it gives the money to "charity", that can't be legal.  Can it?  How can a business be allowed to essentially lie to a paying "customer"??

7 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Actually its whatever their bots decide it to be, which is even worse.

Great point.

A.I. is dangerous!