YouTube is now messing with the Super Chat feature of live streams

Master Disaster

Just send your "hatespeech" in a normal chat, and save the "hugs and kisses" for the superchat.

Google finding AI non-solutions to non-existent problems...

Solving something that's not an issue with a broken system, because someone somewhere doesn't like something.

Real GREAT job! /s

1 hour ago, asus killer said:

is it just me that think this is fine? if people are using YT to be assholes then YT gives the money to charity. How can this be a bad thing?

The terms asshole, hatespeech etc are subjective, context isn't considered, taking someones money and giving it to someone else than originally agreed upon is theft. 

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

Well If you want censorship to fly in a free country, you need to take baby steps.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

Hopefully this kills the whole "super" chat shit. I hated the entire idea of that thing.

They should just ban their account and credit card if they're really worried about it. I don't see this going over well for them given their track record with how they demonetize videos. 

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

Streaming on floatplane when?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

That sounds stupid, why don't they just give the money to the streamer but block the message or substitute it with a generic "you rock" or something?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, asus killer said:

is it just me that think this is fine? if people are using YT to be assholes then YT gives the money to charity. How can this be a bad thing?

It's theft. Google is stealing from the streamer and the tipper by doing this.

Political motivation does not justify theft.

Donating stolen goods does not justify theft.

Having authority over the person you're stealing from does not justify theft.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I'd say it's a scam more than theft if what counts as hate speech is not made extremely clear.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

it's a scam more than theft

Google is taking something they have no right to, it isn't theirs. It's theft.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Hate speech = Anything they don't like. And all this Ai nonsense never worked well and never will. The "Ai" is dumb, has no concept of irony, sarcasm or jokes. It'll detect a joke as something offensive (because everything is offensive to them) and pretty much steal your and the sender's money. It's almost as if Google is desperate to lose that last micro gram of trust anyone still has in them lol and they basically have immunity because they are so big, like Facebook. I used to love Google, but now they are just a cringe factory.

9 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Google is taking something they have no right to, it isn't theirs. It's theft.

No - they're convincing someone to willingly give them money under the pretense of giving it to the youtuber. Convincing someone to give you money under false pretenses is a scam. They aren't reaching into their pockets and taking their money against their will, which would be theft.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

harassing chats

O H  N O  I'm gonna kill myself because of a chat message!!11 I'm offended!!! It's OK to be everything except a white male!1!!

2018/9/etc in a fucking rotten nutshell

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 minute ago, aezakmi said:

O H  N O  I'm gonna kill myself because of a chat message!!11 I'm offended!!! It's OK to be everything except a white male!1!!

2018/9/etc in a fucking rotten nutshell

You almost sound... *gasp*... offended!

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Jito463 said:

You don't see an issue with this?

not really, if even knowing it was profiting from hate speech the YTuber stills wants their money, then he's also an asshole.

20 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Political motivation does not justify theft.

Donating stolen goods does not justify theft.

Having authority over the person you're stealing from does not justify theft.

the same answer as above

1 hour ago, matrix07012 said:

Solving something that's not an issue with a broken system, because someone somewhere doesn't like something.

Real GREAT job! /s

The terms asshole, hatespeech etc are subjective, context isn't considered, taking someones money and giving it to someone else than originally agreed upon is theft. 

how is hatespeech subjetive? it's either hate or not. Is hate also subjective?

8 minutes ago, Sauron said:

You almost sound... *gasp*... offended!

7b2.jpg

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

10 minutes ago, asus killer said:

if even knowing it was profiting from hate speech the YTuber stills wants their money, then he's also an asshole.

That is amongst the stupidest thing's I've read.

That streamer is entitled to the money that the tipper is trying to give him, regardless of the message. The message is irrelevant.

Only thieves try to justify theft.

10 minutes ago, asus killer said:

how is hatespeech subjetive? it's either hate or not. Is hate also subjective?

1. Hate speech is a fictious lie to promote and propagate cebsorship
  2. What is considered hate is subjective. Using statistics to defend upholding immigration laws is considered hate speech in the US by some people. Using suicide statistics and psychology to try to have a conversation about why transgenderism isn't good for mental health is considered hatespeech. Neother of these things are hateful by rational people that have the necessary information to actually consider the ramifications of blindly following obe side or the other.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

That is amongst the stupidest thing's I've read.

That streamer is entitled to the money that the tipper is trying to give him, regardless of the message. The message is irrelevant.

Only thieves try to justify theft.

1. Hate speech is a fictious lie to promote and propagate cebsorship
  2. What is considered hate is subjective. Using statistics to defend upholding immigration laws is considered hate speech in the US by some people. Using suicide statistics and psychology to try to have a conversation about why transgenderism isn't good for mental health is considered hatespeech. Neother of these things are hateful by rational people that have the necessary information to actually consider the ramifications of blindly following obe side or the other.

there are countless other ways to donate and you won't even loose 30%, so no, superchat is all about the message.

i seriously doubt this is targeting discussions about statistics on superchat, still if it's the rule of the land then it's also not allowed on the internet i imagine, the internet is not above US laws.

35 minutes ago, Sauron said:

No - they're convincing someone to willingly give them money under the pretense of giving it to the youtuber.

Except that they're not convincing people to give money to YT.  Those people would ostensibly be giving money to the streamer, when it's arbitrarily intercepted by YT and diverted to another destination.  Whether YT themselves profit from it or not is irrelevant, it's still theft.

19 minutes ago, Drak3 said:
  • Hate speech is a fictious lie to promote and propagate censorship

You beat me to it.  There's no way to clearly and consistently define "hate speech", as there's almost as many definitions as there apparently are genders now.  Hate speech is just another means of controlling the language and thus controlling people.  This whole scenario relies on us trusting YT's judgment in defining what that means.

3 minutes ago, asus killer said:

the internet is not above US laws

Thankfully, we in the US don't have "hate speech" laws, even though there are those who would love to see it happen.

Edited by Jito463
Additional response appended

6 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Thankfully, we in the US don't have "hate speech" laws, even though there are those who would love to see it happen.

that's my bad i misunderstood what he wrote, i read it as actual laws, seemed weird, but hey. So my bad. Still i would say this is unlikely to target statistic discussions

Right, "charity".

They certainly won't just pocket the money for themselves under a charity they or someone who works for them or is somehow tangentially related to them.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 minute ago, asus killer said:

that's my bad i misunderstood what he wrote, i read it as actual laws, seemed weird, but hey. So my bad. Still i would say this is unlikely to target statistic discussions

He was saying that those opposed to unlawful immigration (e.g. in support of enforcing immigration laws) - and simply citing statistics to support that stance - are often accused of hate speech merely for using those statistics.  He wasn't referring to any specific law regarding such speech, it was just an allegory to explain why the term "hate speech" has no consistently definable meaning.

1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

He was saying that those opposed to unlawful immigration (e.g. in support of enforcing immigration laws) - and simply citing statistics to support that stance - are often accused of hate speech merely for using those statistics.  He wasn't referring to any specific law regarding such speech, it was just an allegory to explain why the term "hate speech" has no consistently definable meaning.

it would depend not on the statistics but on the actual speech accompanying it. If it goes south from there it's hate speech. There is too many migrants in the US seems fine. Saying they're all rapists seems not fine. 

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

That sounds stupid, why don't they just give the money to the streamer but block the message or substitute it with a generic "you rock" or something?

You hold Google's logic to way too high of a standard. 

This won't be their last time they screw it up. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

2 minutes ago, asus killer said:

There is too many migrants in the US seems fine. Saying they're all rapists seems not fine. 

What if the statistics bear our that there are a disproportionate number of rapists coming across our border illegally?  Who decides that something said is hate speech?

You're getting distracted in the weeds.

The issue is not the speech and whether or not someone can find it offensive (anyone can find offense in any speech at any time), it's whether you trust YT to properly define something that has never had a definitive definition applied to it.  Something that has not - and cannot - be consistently defined.

And furthermore, whether you trust them to apply that definition to accurately decide who to steal donated money from, in order to fund "charities" (another thing we have zero information about) that they deem proper.  And make no mistake, taking money meant for one person and arbitrarily diverting it to someone else, is theft.

There is far too much wrong with this system for it to make any sense to support.